Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, P21s 100% is the best boutique wax I have ever used. In the last 8 weeks, on clients cars that request wax, I have found myself grabbing for P21% more and more. I have used it "over" every pre-cleaner or glaze I have in order to tweak the look for my tastes.

Product: P21s 100%

Cost: 50-60 US

Compared to: Pinnacle Souveran, PS21 (original), Zymol Ital, Zymol Vintage, Zymol Royal, SwissVax Onyx

Used over: CG EzCreme, ClearKote Red MooseMachine Glaze, Meguiar`s #7, P21s Body Cleansing Lotion, Optimum Poli-Seal, Zaino Z5pro, Zymol HD-Cleanse

Pro`s: Amazingly sharp, wet, and deep shine. Compared to other waxes that produce similar results, very cost effective. The easiest wax I have ever removed. Gives those that brag about carnauba content the ultimate advantage (100 percent of the wax is nuba)

Con`s: Application feels a little sterile compared to the buttery smoothness of Souveran and the hand applied love of Ital, Royal, and Vintage. Gives those who care more about price then performance nothing to brag about.

Conclusion: IMO Only, the best looking wax on the market.

Brian and I first used 100% on a 328 Ferrari. Then we applied to a black Maserati. Both times we kept commenting on how much better the car looked to us after the wax application. We could actually see a difference in the paint after application.

Later that week we detailed a GT2. We did half of the car with owner supplied Ital and the other half with P21s 100% (this would be the first of many comparisons). All three of us (owner, Brian, and myself) agreed that the PS21 side was both sharper and deeper.

Since then that I day, I found myself grabbing PS21 over any other wax I had. I became addicted to its use.

We where at a client`s house (whose brother had Zymol Royale!). There was a party that night and Brian and I where working in the four car garage getting various Ferrari`s concours level details for the Cavallinio show.

As worked on that night, we finished a 348 Ferrari. On one third we used Royale (on the front only) on the second third we applied Souveran, and on the last third we applied P21s. (I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I was with Royale but that is another story). So of the people in the party came out and we asked there opinion on the hood.

4 people choose P21s as the best looking side, 2 people choose Souveran. (Nobody picked Royale).

The look of P21s 100% is kind of different then some of the other waxes. Where as Souveran appears very warm and deep, P21s trades some of the warmth for incredable sharpness and clarity. However it is easily just as "deep" looking, and maybe even wetter.

Compared to Onyx (the only Swissvax product I have any experience with) it wasn`t even close. Onyx is more comparable to a 6 dollar OTC wax (IMO) and P21s blows it away. Better on all fronts.

Compared to Vintage, I would say that this is the closest one. Vintage is has a little more shimmer but a little less depth. Both are very wet so it comes down to preferance. I prefer the super deep clarity of P21s, so I would choose it. Again very close, but the fact that Vintage costs about 37 times also says a lot. (Prior to P21s 100 percent, Vintage was my personal favorite looking wax).

Compared to Ital, P21s is so much better its not even funny. Ital sucks to put on, remove, and does nothing for the paint. 100% is easy to apply, wipes away easier than any other product out there, and looks great. Easy win.

Compared to Royale, 100% again wins on all fronts. I found Royale hard to apply, difficult to remove completely (it would wipe away then smear. Then need to be re wiped, etc, etc...) I also found the look Royale to be okay. I really was expecting something great, and in the end it looked bright and shiney, but not warm or deep.

I have several favorite "bases" for P21s.

Red Moose Machine Glaze- Because RMG seems to sharpens the paint (and amplify the wetness) it really works good with P21s. Both products seem to have the same strengths, and when combined, the affect is cumlitave. RMG is probably my favorite base. Amazing on super dark colors such as Black or Navy.

Optimum Poli-Seal- Another great choice for P21s. Will add some protection to the paint and increase the wetness. Great for meduim colors such as blue or red.

Werkstatt Twins- For a great protective base and the ultimate in clarity and sharpness. Great on whites and silvers.

Durablity of this product is limited. I have seen about 6-8 weeks out of it tops. It does hold its look longer then some of the boutiques, but it is not revolutionary.

Okay, so lets see some pictures..

Over RMG on a black Maserati.

Over P21s Cleansing Lotion on a Red Ferrari

Over Werkstatt twins on a White AMG S63

Over Poli-Seal on a Red Ferrari

Over Poli-Seal on a GT

Over Meguiars #7 on a Black GT2

Over Zaino Z5pro on a Red Ferrari

Over RMG on the Bella Macchina special.. 930 Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Todd. I have heard alot of good things about P21S 100% but it doesn`t seem to get the "play and attention" as some of the other high end nubas. From your results and opinions for the price it can`t be beat.

The 930 in that last pic looks familiar :chuckle:
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I so need to cop this wax! pictures look supurb! Where they tweek or photochopped at all? its all so crystal clear and sharp. I need whatever camera your using lol
    One dirty rallycrossed Mazdaspeed Protege

#1801 of 4000

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RallyMSP
    I so need to cop this wax! pictures look supurb! Where they tweek or photochopped at all? its all so crystal clear and sharp. I need whatever camera your using lol

Yes the pictures where "tweeked" in PaintShop pro. I always crop the pictures as well as add a watermark. As far as alterting other aspects, I will brighten or darken pictures on occasion (similar to a different composure). I would say that 95 percent of my pictures are straight out of the camera.

The camera I use is a Nikon D40x with a standard lens. (About 800 dollars I think). While the camera does a great job of capturing what is there, it cannot create things that aren`t there. So what you see is what you get, its just a better camera catches it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely agree with you TH0001. I have tried several paste and liquid waxes and I always come back to P21s100%. Works great with UPGP as well. Unlike many other waxes, P21s 100% will make the flakes pop like crazy instead of muting/blending them.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to some EU forums it is marketed in Europe under the Sonax brand as well. 100% carnauba, 38% overall wax content. No silicones, but some synthetic ingredients. Costs around 50 Euros.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may have to give it a try. I like the original S100/P21S but on darker colors it is too bright for my tastes. Have you compared the new version to the old?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I top my collinite with this for a but more shine?

I hear the '55s are in Ben Kenobi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todd, very nice look on all the cars you posted. However you have the wax name at least three different ways in your posting, I was confused as heck for a while. From the website it is P21S 100% Carnauba Paste Wax, P21S 100% Carnauba Paste Wax
    Hoping the weather gets warmer again

Post Thanks / Like
    So the question is Where can we buy it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review! I have been wondering about this product for awhile. One question though. What are your thoughts on beading with this wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    I read a few German sites where it (the original P21S) gets mentioned, but the reports are not that favorable... Durability 4-5 weeks, sensitive to certain antifreeze windshield washes (staining), beading not uniform enough... Strange. Maybe Bulla can chime in.

Here it looks excellent. More firsthand experiences please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info Todd!

How come there are no pictures with EZ Creme under it??

Have you ever tried Max Wax from Autogeek? Most underrated wax. May not be very durable but the look is off the charts!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Todd. I plan on buying some soon.

It seems like it has the classic P21S family values in terms of clarity.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up Todd!

Those pictures are just amazing!
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information