Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dupont "7" New car wax

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Charles was the blue coral sold as a sealant upgrade like the stealerships do with todays sealants..
    Yes it was. In fact in our rural area it wasn`t even sold to the general public.

Charles i had a 79 Riviera tha was a nightmare and a 76 montecarlo my Mom told me not to buy,she was right..
    What doesn`t work for some, works for others.
    I had a 1969 Riviera and loved it. It blew away in a tornado in 1973.
    I also had 1973, 1975, 1977, 1981, and 1985 Monte Carlos that were good cars overall. As I remember it, the 1981 had some emission control problems and it was always gutless. Ran it for 137,000 miles though.
    My three worst cars were a 1967 Cadillac, a 1964 Mustang, and a 1967 Chevelle. I disliked the Mustang so much I sold it after about 60 days of ownership.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the 60s there was 3 popular paste waxes, Johnson J-Wax, Simonize Vista, and Dupont New Car Wax. Of these Vista was the most popular. IMO New Car Wax was the best. It would last the longest , be the slickest,and gave the best look.In 1964 I worked for a pontiac dealer and that was the wax we used on new and used cars. Some cars did get Blue Coral.It was the liquid Blue Coral that gave the high gloss , the paste was just the sealer.The picture of the can is correct, although some cans would say Pontiac Blue Coral or Cadillic Blue Coral.The secret of using Blue Coral and Simonize was to put it on a small spot and remove before it set up. If you let it dry to long you would have to wash the car with Kerosene.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    Yes it was. In fact in our rural area it wasn`t even sold to the general public.

What doesn`t work for some, works for others.
    I had a 1969 Riviera and loved it. It blew away in a tornado in 1973.
    I also had 1973, 1975, 1977, 1981, and 1985 Monte Carlos that were good cars overall. As I remember it, the 1981 had some emission control problems and it was always gutless. Ran it for 137,000 miles though.
    My three worst cars were a 1967 Cadillac, a 1964 Mustang, and a 1967 Chevelle. I disliked the Mustang so much I sold it after about 60 days of ownership.

Charles
    The biggest equation here is we didn`t buy them from the same guy ..The Rivera i should have know 3-#4,000 in repair receipts..The Montecarlo was Crap i was 16 at the time all i kep telling my mom ....but mom it has a good radio.as i was pouring trans fluid in the car it was leaking out the bottom faster then i could put it in..Larry your in Brookfield how colse to the zoo are you?Chris ,i see a pic of the Autowash is this not so old?

Do any of the members have any old cans they can share more pics of..I think pockets like the pics..

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of the members have any old cans they can share more pics of..I think pockets like the pics..

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously the cans belong to you..i dont recognize any one of the cans except the "7" i have.. actually it was given to me to use as i product..i cant bring my seff to use it..

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, it isn`t just Pockets that likes the pics.

They bring back a lot of memories.
    After a bunch are pictured, I`ll see how many of them I have used.

Charles

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killr@autogeek

Are those all yours? It seems like I seen them on eBay today....You selling?
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Do any of the members have any old cans they can share more pics of..I think pockets like the pics..[/QUOTE]

Its not just pockets, I love history, and I love detailing. These two just seam to fit.. If i had more money I would probley start collecting (and if I had more room)

keep the pictures comming
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    Its not just pockets, I love history, and I love detailing. These two just seam to fit.. If i had more money I would probley start collecting (and if I had more room)

keep the pictures comming[/quote]from your entusiasim for products its clear your detailed oriented ..lately you have purchased some quality items and have presented some very nice reviews..your young with plenty of informatiom ...you are a part of what make DC..if i should find anythink i can help you with i will do so..

Post Thanks / Like

keep the pictures comming
    from your entusiasim for products its clear your detailed oriented ..lately you have purchased some quality items and have presented some very nice reviews..your young with plenty of informatiom ...you are a part of what make DC..if i should find anythink i can help you with i will do so..[/QUOTE]

thank you. I dont know what to say. That is just a great compliemt comming from someon with such knowledge so thank you.

Thank you very much Joe, and i look forard to those pics
    p.s it wont let me give you another vote so will pretened it does.. Add another few points lol
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest equation here is we didn`t buy them from the same guy ..The Rivera i should have know 3-#4,000 in repair receipts..The Montecarlo was Crap i was 16 at the time all i kep telling my mom ....but mom it has a good radio.as i was pouring trans fluid in the car it was leaking out the bottom faster then i could put it in..Larry your in Brookfield how colse to the zoo are you?Chris ,i see a pic of the Autowash is this not so old?

I live 1 mile from the Zoo. My son use to work there. My oldest daughter did too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A
    I live 1 mile from the Zoo. My son use to work there. My oldest daughter did too.
    after visited in sometime since the girls are older ..i do have 35 your pics that where taken when i was kid,, Working at the zoo would seem to be cool job..as long as its not in the lions den

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris ,i see a pic of the Autowash is this not so old?
    Sorry Joe....didn`t see this post...and it stands out too...lol

I think it is from the 60`s....I am not 100% sure on it though
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

i learnsomething new everyday..the tin is in great condition..How do you find some of the items you have..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

i learnsomething new everyday..the tin is in great condition..How do you find some of the items you have..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information