Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee`s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    I love the cleaning power of N-914 and the ease of drying when used in a coated car. Have you tried it on your coated cars?
    I did!

I tried it as a rinseless on my Model S (coated with Gyeon Mohs) and as a waterless on the hood of my wife`s Highlander (coated with the three silica sprays).

Works very nicely as both, but I like Uber RW a little bit better as a RW. N914 has excellent cleaning ability. I definitely could tell the difference btw the Mohs coating after WGURW and N914. After Uber - slick. After N914 - slightly grabby (just like the original coating). So, I had a feeling that nothing was left behind. I had to apply a layer of PA High Gloss (wow that was a pita - lol).

Already made up 2 gallons of waterless wash for my dispenser.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review!!!! And also, awesome car (fellow miata owner here )!

Last xmas I got a bottle of RFWW that I have yet to try (still using up my bottle of Duragloss 932). Curious to see what your thoughts are on it considering RFWW is the same price as N-914

Anyway, thanks again for the amazing write up!
    Thanks Marc08EX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ahslan View Post
    Awesome review!!!! And also, awesome car (fellow miata owner here )!

Last xmas I got a bottle of RFWW that I have yet to try (still using up my bottle of Duragloss 932). Curious to see what your thoughts are on it considering RFWW is the same price as N-914

Anyway, thanks again for the amazing write up!
    Thanks a lot ahslan! It`s awesome my thread got your first post

What generation Miata do you have? I just recently got this car (*ahem* thanks to Paul *ahem*) and I already love it!

I included a comparison of the RFWW in this review. I was curious if you saw that? It was my first time using it. It makes the solution bead on the paint as opposed to the N-914 laying "flat". I`m sure this is because of the wax protection it leaves behind. Other than that, it should function the same. I still feel N-914 is a lot slicker than the RFWW. Hope that helps.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I did!

I tried it as a rinseless on my Model S (coated with Gyeon Mohs) and as a waterless on the hood of my wife`s Highlander (coated with the three silica sprays).

Works very nicely as both, but I like Uber RW a little bit better as a RW. N914 has excellent cleaning ability. I definitely could tell the difference btw the Mohs coating after WGURW and N914. After Uber - slick. After N914 - slightly grabby (just like the original coating). So, I had a feeling that nothing was left behind. I had to apply a layer of PA High Gloss (wow that was a pita - lol).

Already made up 2 gallons of waterless wash for my dispenser.
    Maybe it is just me but I was not wowed by uber rinseless. I was given some by a local guy near me and I have to say N914 is better. Uber was not that much slicker than N914. Gloss was not that different either. I used both on coated paint (gloss coat) and they literally both felt the same. Uber is not one I would go out and buy.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Maybe it is just me but I was not wowed by uber rinseless. I was given some by a local guy near me and I have to say N914 is better. Uber was not that much slicker than N914. Gloss was not that different either. I used both on coated paint (gloss coat) and they literally both felt the same. Uber is not one I would go out and buy.
    Although I disagree with you, I`m not surprised to hear people say this. I don`t think Uber is miles ahead of N914. N914 is pretty good. I think my appreciation comes from using Uber right from the prototype when it was IMHO much better than anything already out. I think the slight improvement in sickness afterwards is what gives Uber the advantage.

Unfortunately, it is very expensive. I may switch to N914 because of that when I`m finished with Uber.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | 2015 Toyota Highlander
    Likes Marc08EX, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You`re not alone Mike. I never felt the "slickness" everyone was talking about with Uber rinseless wash. For me, N-914 is miles ahead of Uber rinseless in terms of slickness.

Review: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have some uber mixed as a QD and its hard to tell the difference between FK424 and Uber.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess ill have to blow through my 1/2 gallon of D114 I have left before getting my hands on N914. At least Ill have something to look forward to.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot ahslan! It`s awesome my thread got your first post

What generation Miata do you have? I just recently got this car (*ahem* thanks to Paul *ahem*) and I already love it!

I included a comparison of the RFWW in this review. I was curious if you saw that? It was my first time using it. It makes the solution bead on the paint as opposed to the N-914 laying "flat". I`m sure this is because of the wax protection it leaves behind. Other than that, it should function the same. I still feel N-914 is a lot slicker than the RFWW. Hope that helps.
    I have a 95 M edition I saw your portion of the review where you used RFWW but I guess for whatever reason didn`t get a clear takeaway from it in terms of cleaning power and slickness (was clear to me you like N914 more than d114). It is interesting that you feel N914 is slicker than RFWW. That`s exactly what I was looking for guess I`ll be picking up a bottle of N914 next time I need a refill.

Thanks again for everything and enjoy the new car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ahslan View Post
    I have a 95 M edition I saw your portion of the review where you used RFWW but I guess for whatever reason didn`t get a clear takeaway from it in terms of cleaning power and slickness (was clear to me you like N914 more than d114). It is interesting that you feel N914 is slicker than RFWW. That`s exactly what I was looking for guess I`ll be picking up a bottle of N914 next time I need a refill.

Thanks again for everything and enjoy the new car
    I apologize for not putting a clear conclusion when comparing N914 to RFWW.

I guess the reason why I added the RFWW to the comparison is to show that rinseless washes that leave something behind doesn`t lay flat on the paint surface. I was mainly comparing D114 to N914 because both of these products don`t leave anything behind.

So I guess it really depends what you`re looking for in a rinseless wash. Are you looking for something that leaves something behind? Or something that does not? What LSP do you have on your car(s)?

I love using N914 on vehicles with a coating.

How long have you had your 95M? How many miles does it have? Hardtop? I found this gem with only 17.5k mi when I picked it up. I have a hardtop as well. I love this car!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize for not putting a clear conclusion when comparing N914 to RFWW.

I guess the reason why I added the RFWW to the comparison is to show that rinseless washes that leave something behind doesn`t lay flat on the paint surface. I was mainly comparing D114 to N914 because both of these products don`t leave anything behind.

So I guess it really depends what you`re looking for in a rinseless wash. Are you looking for something that leaves something behind? Or something that does not? What LSP do you have on your car(s)?

I love using N914 on vehicles with a coating.

How long have you had your 95M? How many miles does it have? Hardtop? I found this gem with only 17.5k mi when I picked it up. I have a hardtop as well. I love this car!
    No need to apologize at all. Makes sense to compare N914 to D114. I was just curious about RFWW

Review: McKee`s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash 17.5k MILES!!!! That`s amazing!!!! That`s one hell of a find. I`ve had mine for 3 years now. Car has ~85k miles on it, 20 of which are from me. I definitely wish I had a hardtop...maybe some day I`ll splurge for one (they`re a little on the pricey side and getting one that matches my paint color is almost impossible which just means I`ll need to spend more money to get it painted).
    Thanks dschribs thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information