Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - KXK Dynamics Punch Set

Great idea. I would probably never cut enough pads to make my money back though. I am still pissed at Meg`s for discontinuing their 3 inch MF pads. Who wasn`t using them? I would love to have some smaller Meg`s MF pads for my Nanos. It seems Meg`s is only looking for high volume products to sell these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    how do you go about sharpening it?
    You will need a Work Sharpe Sharpener tool. They are about $75 on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Great idea. I would probably never cut enough pads to make my money back though. I am still pissed at Meg`s for discontinuing their 3 inch MF pads. Who wasn`t using them? I would love to have some smaller Meg`s MF pads for my Nanos. It seems Meg`s is only looking for high volume products to sell these days.
    I would like to know as well. Crazy not to use them IMHO. If you want to buy some 6" pads and send them to me I will punch them for you.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the reply. any vibration/balancing issues with the rupes mini after cutting the backing plate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    thanks for the reply. any vibration/balancing issues with the rupes mini after cutting the backing plate?
    I haven`t had a chance to try any of them yet. I have a car coming tomorrow that I will have a chance to try them all on. I will post an update once I do.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I may just order the one inch for the nano. I haven`t been a fan of the 2inch on the nano yet, seems like it stalls really easy

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post
    Thanks XxBoostinxX thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great review. I was waiting for KXK to release the punch set but right now the price is just out of my budget but they look like serious quality and I would definitely consider purchasing them in the future. I would love to make some of my BOSS pads 1inch and 2inch to work with the ibrid.

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this thread should bear witness to Rupes the need for a price adjustment on the smaller pads. I Purchased all of the different Ibrid pads (5 types two sizes) during black Friday and was wondering how it must feel to buy them not on sale? Now I know it will probably make me feel like shaving some out of a larger pad also! Thanks to ACC and great customer service I should be ok for the near future. I feel Rupes has great products however these little pads need a manufacturers adjustment so the retailers can lower the cost and still be profitable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Commander View Post
    Reading this thread should bear witness to Rupes the need for a price adjustment on the smaller pads. I Purchased all of the different Ibrid pads (5 types two sizes) during black Friday and was wondering how it must feel to buy them not on sale? Now I know it will probably make me feel like shaving some out of a larger pad also! Thanks to ACC and great customer service I should be ok for the near future. I feel Rupes has great products however these little pads need a manufacturers adjustment so the retailers can lower the cost and still be profitable.
    I get the feeling manufacturers try to charge what the detailer will pay instead of a "fair" price. I looked at the schematic of how many 1 inch pads you can make out of a 6 inch pad and was disgusted. I`m all for product manufacturers making a profit, but this is outrageous. It`s like selling pre-made waterless wash where the product is 99.9% water and charging $12.99 a bottle. Of course it is up to the consumer to sniff out these `deals". I know there are other costs involved other than just the ingredients, but on pads you already have a sunk cost of the 6 inch pad (I imagine the material comes in a "sheet"). They probably throw away a lot of excess material. Please excuse the rant.

Post Thanks / Like

Punched some more 1" pads last night. Took me all of 5 min to cut all these pads. Review - KXK Dynamics Punch Set

Meg`s Xtra Cut MF
    Meg`s Cutting Disc
    Hydrotech Thin Cyan
    Hydrotech Thin Tangerine

Quote Originally Posted by CerceS550 View Post
    I think I may just order the one inch for the nano. I haven`t been a fan of the 2inch on the nano yet, seems like it stalls really easy

I feel the same about the 2" on Nano as well. I mainly just keep it as my 1" buffer and Kompakt as my 2". I highly recommend at least buying just the 1" for now.

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Thanks for the great review. I was waiting for KXK to release the punch set but right now the price is just out of my budget but they look like serious quality and I would definitely consider purchasing them in the future. I would love to make some of my BOSS pads 1inch and 2inch to work with the ibrid.
    Anytime Review - KXK Dynamics Punch Set. As long as the BOSS pads are thin you shouldn`t have any problems with punching them. I highly recommend everyone should at least buy the 1" if you have a Nano. You can never have enough 1" pads!

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I get the feeling manufacturers try to charge what the detailer will pay instead of a "fair" price. I looked at the schematic of how many 1 inch pads you can make out of a 6 inch pad and was disgusted. I`m all for product manufacturers making a profit, but this is outrageous. It`s like selling pre-made waterless wash where the product is 99.9% water and charging $12.99 a bottle. Of course it is up to the consumer to sniff out these `deals". I know there are other costs involved other than just the ingredients, but on pads you already have a sunk cost of the 6 inch pad (I imagine the material comes in a "sheet"). They probably throw away a lot of excess material. Please excuse the rant.
    I feel the same way. It`s highway robbery IYAM and the manufacturer knows it. And yes, all the foam comes in about 8` sheets. If you watch Larry from AMMO Rupes video it shows them as a complete sheet.

Likes CerceS550, Wing Commander liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll be ordering it soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely ordering this up soon.

Oh and I may be willing to let a few new packages of Meg`s 3in MF pads go since I bought a case shortly after they were discontinued.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CerceS550 View Post
    I`ll be ordering it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Definitely ordering this up soon.

Oh and I may be willing to let a few new packages of Meg`s 3in MF pads go since I bought a case shortly after they were discontinued.
    Awesome! Let me know what you guys think. Make sure you guys buy at least a 4 lb dead blow hammer as well. My 2 lb is definitely not enough.

Likes CerceS550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Aw man, my VISA card is getting nervous

Justins00SS- If you ever want to trade some of those Meg`s MF disks for some 476S or M16 just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you had two or three people go in on it and pass it around it would be a great investment. One person cuts enough pads to last 3-6 months, then on to the next person. It`s not a tool you have to have by your side at all times.. You can do without it for a for a free
    Likes XxBoostinxX, CerceS550 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just broke down and ordered it. I wanted to wait till after the next job. But I want these for the Corvette I`m working on next week.

Ordered the 1" punch carpro reset and 1liter of iron-x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information