Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint Coatings -My Journey, experience and relative satisfaction

Since Photobucket changed posting pictures has become a pain in the neck for me.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I should get a prize. Hmm. What do I need? hmmm.

Thanks for the post. It was a good read, and a little insight into several products. You did so well, I`m not even requesting pics!
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Great review, you`ve tried a lot of coatings. Good read. What was your favorite sealant out of those you`ve tried?

I`ve got a small bottle of Carpro`s Essence ready to slowly work up to a coating. Not looking to spend $100 for a coating. May just try Hydro2 or Wetcoat. I still like the cost and ease of sealants. I may just top the essence with BFWD or FK1000p. Hope either plays well with Essence.
    BFWD was my favorite sealant. You will save money and time with a coating. Easier washes, one application as apposed to 3 or 4 and better protection. All the coating I mentioned are easy to apply. Polish angel sets up so slow it like a wax and 22ple also sets up slowly. None set up faster that say 3 minutes so if you go slow and are anal in your application and removal high spots are not an issue. Just do smaller areas until your more comfortable.

No idea how essence plays with sealants but I not found to much stuff in general to be incompatable.
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post
    Thanks LEDetailng thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raymoche View Post
    Wow, thank you for sharing!

I am finally starting on coatings because I can actually afford it now, I typically just enjoy the wax for summer, sealant for winter "tradition" but I finally bit the bullet to try the Polish Angel Cosmic, but the funny part is that I now own a eco-box and not a luxury car anymore.

From research, I feel that PA is a good starting point since it doesnt depart from what I know already, but I would want to try more as I get my hands on it. Based on what you posted, I am itching to try Gyeon products, but they look like they benefit from indoor space and IR lights.
    PA is a great line. I really like their products. Super easy to use but again none of the ones I used are hard to work with. I was scared to apply a coating myself. Once I saw how easy it was I realized there are too many people who look to over complicate the process to make it seem like it`s harder than it is.

IR lights are not necessary for any product I listed. Not sure about other coatings. I don`t have them. If I though it would give me better anything I`d have them already. It can speed curing is all.

Use what you like and what you can afford. They are all pretty good. None were bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. I`ve not given up on looking. I love beads.

Your work is beyond and I`m certainly not teaching you a thing with my posts. .

You and the other pros deal with really neglected finishes and I really just deal with some micro maring

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Excellent review, as far as beading, coatings in general don`t bead very long without using the "detailer" that the coating manufacturers have. I think that is an American thing! I must admit I too like the beading!

Post Thanks / Like

They are all pretty close in my experience. It`s splitting hairs and some do certian things better but none are horrible and none some much better than the other. Price does not factor into better performance that is for sure.

My next coatings I`m considering are IGL or Nanolex if they make a non pro coating and possibly the new stuff from optimum. I think I`d rather try something new than repeat a previously used product.

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Nice review and comments so far. I`m looking into different coatings due to their longevity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Very good read. Thanks for posting your thoughts and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Never tried crystal serum light. I did not like that it needs to be sanded off. I have not left many high spots in the past and those I did were handled with a wet wipe of the same product. I may in the future as I love the Exo and T1 from Gtech.
    You are thinking about the pro version Crystal Serum. Crystal Serum Light can be polished off. May want to add it to your list of next coatings to try.

Pulled from the GTechniq site

Why use Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light?

Crystal Serum Light is the prosumer version of the world famous Gtechniq Accredited Detailer only Crystal Serum - a coating so hard that if applied incorrectly can only be removed by using 1,500 grit sand paper.

Serum Light offers 80% of Professional Serum’s performance, but if applied incorrectly can be machine polished from your vehicle’s paintwork.

When it comes to adding gloss, resisting swirls, contaminant and dirt repellency, Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Serum Light are the pinnacle in paint protection.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Ronkh, JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X- I`m late to this party, and not much of a Coating user, but I did find it all interesting.

Especially how the P21S TAW worked so well. Since I still have some, I might try using it on my coated wheels. Doesn`t have any negative effects on OptiCoat 2.0, right?

Post Thanks / Like

I did not experience any negative effects. It seems to have stripped off whatever road film what on the coating and made it perform better For a short while. I recoated it a few weeks later. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    JSFM35X- I`m late to this party, and not much of a Coating user, but I did find it all interesting.

Especially how the P21S TAW worked so well. Since I still have some, I might try using it on my coated wheels. Doesn`t have any negative effects on OptiCoat 2.0, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, OK...mine seem to clean up OK with just shampoo mix, but I`ve been hesitant to use Wheel Cleaners/etc. when I thought I should because of how some people`s coatings weren`t as impervious to such stuff as expected.

Post Thanks / Like

I used apc not wheel cleaner. Not sure it`s much stronger I just don`t have experience of wheel cleaner on opticoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, OK...mine seem to clean up OK with just shampoo mix, but I`ve been hesitant to use Wheel Cleaners/etc. when I thought I should because of how some people`s coatings weren`t as impervious to such stuff as expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    BFWD was my favorite sealant. You will save money and time with a coating. Easier washes, one application as apposed to 3 or 4 and better protection. All the coating I mentioned are easy to apply. Polish angel sets up so slow it like a wax and 22ple also sets up slowly. None set up faster that say 3 minutes so if you go slow and are anal in your application and removal high spots are not an issue. Just do smaller areas until your more comfortable.

No idea how essence plays with sealants but I not found to much stuff in general to be incompatable.
    BFWD is an awesome product. Definitely the slickest product I`ve used. I appreciate the response and great reviews.
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information