Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Who makes Zaino?

Just like the title says. Who makes Zaino? Does Sal have a factory that manufactures the products or is it contracted out? Has anybody been to or seen the factory?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who makes Zaino?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    Just like the title says. Who makes Zaino? Does Sal have a factory that manufactures the products or is it contracted out? Has anybody been to or seen the factory?
    My main assumption and theory is that Zaino is made by chemical guys which also makes PB`s along with adams and a few others. All the products are the exact same with slight diffs in color and smell along with viscosity. The 20 dollar sealants are the same as the 100 dollar ones.

Ok, now onto a very serious assumption. Zaino probaby has their own chemist (most likely private) which does all the special formulations. Throughout time Zaino lets their chemist know what things they want diff and the chemicst works in doing so...

A lot of places have chemical companys that develop waxes, sealants, ect, but its the individual seller which chooses if he wants to pay MORE for the already made product with their own badge or a reformulation of the already exhisting batch.

Like I said though, with such great products that Zaino sells, I`m sure their chemist is exclusive...

Thats my theory....
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would buy the Chemical Guys theory if they had any other products that were similar. Zaino is more similar to Duragloss than it is anything else on the market. It has always been a very unique product that is likely just made in Sal`s bath tub rather than by some larger company. That isn`t to say that Zaino isn`t top notch stuff, but it is to say that for years you couldn`t even buy the stuff on the web due to limited production of the products. That doesn`t sound like something being churned out by Chemical Guys. It sounds more like something that is made based on demand.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say first and foremost... I don`t think they are the same company, use the same technologies etc... BUT

has anyone else noticed these similarities in Duragloss and Zaino?
    1) Zaino "BROTHERS" duragloss = "BROTHER`s" research corp.
    2) the use of the word polish vs. wax sealant etc.
    3) the use of a pre-polish (eg z1 and prepolishing agent)
    4) the fact that (or claim thereof) that the corresponding qd`s z6 and fast clean n` shine bond to their respective polishes
    5) the smells of the products (the sprays)
    6) excellent durability

Post Thanks / Like

As much as we can assume, thats all it`ll be in the end. ASSUMPTIONS. We`ll never know..

Look at Coca-Cola... Did any of you guys here the story on the news about Coca-cola reps trying to sell secrets to Pepsi. That was quickly caught and eliminated. A true business man never lets anyone know their secrets. For all we`ll ever know, Zaino could be made by Dwayne, and Sal is just a ficticious name. Maybe that would explain Dwaynes not so recent appearances on DC as much as before.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Zaino is an in-house brand, no parent companies there.

There may be similarities between Duragloss and Z, but I don`t know enough about the former line. One could argue that a good chemist could copy 90% of a product just by knowing what to do (ie: gas chromotography). I`m really not sure of the case.

I do know, though, that Zaino is one of a kind.

Post Thanks / Like

Sean... I noticed that you have almost exclusively been using Z on your car and your last few details that you`ve posted. As soon as I saw that you were using Z on your brand new car, I figured that you liked its results.

I too wonder why a chemist (or more chemists) don`t try to imitate the ingredients of Zaino given its proven popularity and longevity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    Zaino is an in-house brand, no parent companies there.

There may be similarities between Duragloss and Z, but I don`t know enough about the former line. One could argue that a good chemist could copy 90% of a product just by knowing what to do (ie: gas chromotography). I`m really not sure of the case.

I do know, though, that Zaino is one of a kind.

How do you know this? If it`s in house than Zaino must have a production facility. Some body has to have seen this. Sal apparently is easy to get hold of and talk to from what I read on the forums so if he had a facility I think we would have heard by now. This product receives major hype from it`s users could you imagine the let down if it was discovered that it was really just tweaked Duragloss, Chemical Guys, etc.

I just want to know who makes it. I am not asking for secret info about the chemical make up. I know Megs makes their own stuff so does Mothers and Chemical Guys. What about Zaino?

Post Thanks / Like

I didn`t comment on this, because I really didn`t know, or wanted assume either, that wasn`t answering the question. However I will about manufacturing...Out sourcing as we all know is not uncommon...Depending on the demands and cost of manufacturing would determine if it was cheaper to out source rather than keep in house....IMO in Sal`s case he is not interested in competing against the more mass produced products. He is more of a higher end boutique guy that has a almost cult like following....I wouldn`t be surprised if he has someone manufacturing his line under the Zaino label....in today`s high cost of manufacturing it would just make sense.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

This may sound silly but if people are happy with a product, what difference does it make, who produces it?
    Does it make a difference if it made by Acme, Ajax ,or ABC chemical?
    It`s made to the customers specifications.
    For all we know it could be manufactured by a number of different companies, but most importantly to the customers specs.

"J"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    I`m not sure if anyone knows the answer to that one.

Zaino Contact Information can be found at:
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=Contact

Sal`s e-mail: mailto:sal@zainobros.com

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgm2003
    I`m not sure if anyone knows the answer to that one.

Zaino Contact Information can be found at:
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...y_Code=Contact

Sal`s e-mail: mailto:sal@zainobros.com
    So..... Who will be the first to cal Sal and ask him who makes his product, Duragloss or Chemical Guys?

Like "J" says, who cares? If a product does what you want it to do, then all that`s really necessary to know is where to buy it.

By the same token, I can see where it could be of some interest to people that are more curious about things than me.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    So..... Who will be the first to cal Sal and ask him who makes his product, Duragloss or Chemical Guys?

Like "J" says, who cares? If a product does what you want it to do, then all that`s really necessary to know is where to buy it.

By the same token, I can see where it could be of some interest to people that are more curious about things than me.

Charles

<--------------Thinks it should be Charles

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

I'll bet I can wax that. Leyland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m pretty sure that if we call Sal and ask him that he wouldn`t admit that his stuff is made by Duragloss even it it was but all I know is that the Zaino boys on some of the other car and detailing always seem to be looking to expose every other company out there yet take whatever Sal says as the word of God.

I have used Zaino and I have used Duragloss. They appear very similar to me but I don`t know who makes either one.
    Rainbow Detailing
    ...need a wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leyland
    I`m pretty sure that if we call Sal and ask him that he wouldn`t admit that his stuff is made by Duragloss even it it was but all I know is that the Zaino boys on some of the other car and detailing always seem to be looking to expose every other company out there yet take whatever Sal says as the word of God.

I have used Zaino and I have used Duragloss. They appear very similar to me but I don`t know who makes either one.
    Goes back to what I said about cult following

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information