Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Victoria waxes Concours wax(red) review

So a couple of weeks ago I bought all three waxes that are made by Victoria. I tried the concours wax first because it was red/pink and thought hey why not. no special reason. I was very satisfied with the customer service that I received from David Sr. at Victoria. Also I like that all price are in Canadian funds. so without further ado here is my review.

Packaging: Very simple, a small round clear container with a black screw top lid and some silver and black stickers to let you know what your using

Color: It was a cool color, I liked the red but it was nothing spectacular, yet again its a wax so no biggy

Smell: Smelt good can`t put my hands on it but still nice

Price: It was 32.20can for the 3 oz jar or 10.73 an oz. Nothing too expensive but not cheap. But not too expensive.

Directions as per manufacture: Substance, style and a resourcefulness of talent is crucial. Just one container will provide for numerous years of enjoyment and gratification. The mystical secret of this wax is in the amount of clarity and depth of richness visible after just one thin coat of wax.

The wax is applied with the bare hands and a gentle buffing with a cotton towel once the wax has bonded (approximately 1 to 2 minutes wait). It is best to do this out of the reach of harmful direct sun light and airborne contaminants. Special Note: this wax has taken on a life of its own, we are finding more and more people using it on all their vehicles and using multiple coatings to get an unbelievable exotic look. Originally, Concours Wax was developed for use in competitions. This wax has the highest amount of real wax contents used in the industry and is absolutely stunning on black, deep red and darker paintwork.

We guarantee Concours Wax to please you. Concours Wax is only to be use on new or well maintained finishes. Anything else and it will be a waste of time and wax. Again, apply Concours Wax to a clean, dry, cool surface using bare hands to work-in and spread thinly. Allow wax to come to a haze and buff to a deep rich finish. Follow with a second and third coat for even a more gorgeous look. For maximum protection keep 2, 3, or more coats of wax on the finish at all times.

* Concours Wax is an exotic blend of large amounts of pure Carnauba, Montan, and Bees waxes with natural oils and the world safest solvent.

How I used it: I applied it by hand like it said, and I also applied the lite cleaner which I guess is used as a buffer as it has a little wax to help the concours bond. It was really weird applying it by hand. I seemed to use a lot more then I normally do, I’m thinking I just need some more practice. I also did not use a cotton cloth to remove I just used a microfiber

Removal: It was hard to remove. I have heard people say it is easy so I think I may have just used too much from the lack of massaging skills.

Reflection/shine: It had a weird shine to it. Nothing too shiny like a lot of waxes however my paint looked deep. It looked like it had a lot more depth. I really liked it. I will update when I put coat 2 on.

Beading: I don’t know hasn’t rained yet, but not a big deal to me

Durability. Same as beading. I was enough not to care so much. I’m all about the shine

Overall thoughts: I really liked this wax, definitely worth the money. I can`t wait to try the other waxes. I think I will apply a few coats and then top with nattys to get that nice deep shiny look. I would say give it a shot, plus its fun to apply, I’m sure I looked weird "massaging" my car

Well there is one of the three reviews of Victoria wax. Any comments or questions would be appreciated. Thanks

-mike
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Victoria waxes Concours wax(red) review

Allot more what???
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Calgary, it would be nice if you refered to the products that you are comparing rather than generalizing since we all use different products. Although I am sure that I have some of the products that you have used, It would be nice to know so as to make our own comparisons.

Ten dollars an ounce is expensive to this working man. Don`t get me wrong I have spent more(ok...maybe not more) but what ever it was, it was.... the talk of the forum at the time I purchased it.

There are other expensive waxes that specify application by hand. I can only imagine how hard it would be to put on a thin coat. It had better be thin considering the directions say i to 2 minutes to haze ....then buff it off.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    Allot more what???
    sorry... i used alot more wax then i normaly do

Also sorry for not comparing it to anything, right now I use nattys blue so that was my comparison basis. The comparison of shine, and product used, etc all compare to nattys blue. I apologize I thoughti thre that in sorry. Also 10 bucks is a lot for a wax but its definitely not the most expensive. without trying zymol I consider them compeitiors as they are applied the same way and sea, similar from descriptions. So that is why I thought it wasnt to abd of a price. Sorry for all the hole, I am still learning how to do a good review (their getting better) and thank you very much for the comments and questions
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

cwcad,

These are Canadian $s... It is really not expensive compared to the `other` hand applied brands...
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot remember the exchange rate at the moment but when I traveled thru Canada this last spring I do remember that the rate was not what it once was for the fuel that I purchased and the hotels rooms that I paid for.

I will have to purchase this product just to experience the hand application.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

the exchange rate isnt great any more I think it hovers around 90cents us for 1 canadian dollar, so that would make the wax about 9 bucks and oz.
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Not to post twice in a row but i had the day off work today and I went out to try the concours again. This time however I just used an applicator and did it the good old fashioned way. I noticed that the shine was not as deep as applying it by hand (yes I realised it was a second coat but it wasn`t up to what I thought it should have been) however it still has a really nice shine, comparable to nattys. I can now see why you would apply it by hand however I used much less product this time around. I would still definitely recommend this product regardless of price
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled the trigger!!! I ordered the looker kit (includes 3 oz of the three waxes, clay bar, super soap, qd, and lite cleanse) for $63 canadian, thats about 50% discount. I talked to David sr. and he was so helpful, genuine, with no pressure tactics that I decided to go for it.

I have been using souveran, almost empty, and think that this may be the replacement wax (the red wax). We will see. Thanks.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

David Wyllie Sr. is an honest, noble entrepreneur. I respect him, and because of his great attitude I feel honored when I use his products.
    How to say
    Klasse
    Souverän
    correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    David Wyllie Sr. is an honest, noble entrepreneur. I respect him, and because of his great attitude I feel honored when I use his products.
    I agree whole heartedly I loved ordering from him, I now found a supplier locally but hope to make a big order soon enough with David. He is definitely a pleasant person to deal with
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

I did the hand job when I did my latest detail and I used the Red wax.. It`s nice and it`s not a rub on wax it`s a more like a rub in and spread wax..I worked each area for 2-3 mins leting the wax get really meltly.. of course it was after a good rub inside the jar

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried using AIO as a base? I pressume the Lite Cleanse will remove the AIO? I would Like to use AIO/Lite Cleanse/VW.

Also, It would be interesting to know if there is a big difference between using lite cleanse before the wax or not using it at all(instead some sealeant). I know CalgaryDetail has seen a difference with the Lite Cleanse, but, not sure if anyone has tried using the VW as a topper over a sealant.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got a chance to try out the looker kit over the weekend. It was/and has been raining everyday this week. I therefore decided to try out their middle wax (in price), collector wax(was tempted to go for the concours).

First, let me say that CalgaryDetail and holland_patrick were right on with their good description of how the wax spread and looked (even though he was trying out the concours); quite spreadable yet tad sticky in removal compared to souveran and s100 (hard to describe, like it was thicker) yet when buffed it was a great deep shine. Now, I have to say my red was not as shiny but darker than when compared to souveran. Very unique characteristics that I like.
    Durability:
    I used it as a topper over my standard prep (AIO, 3 x EX) on Sunday (I didn`t use the light cleanse since I wanted to only check durability/looks by itself).
    It rained Mon and Teus.
    Mon: tight beads, after drove home, car was almost dry. Smooth, slick surface. Used PB s&w then DG FC&S. Wow as good as Sunday.
    Teus: wife drove. So I only saw it after she came home after a rainy day. Car was practically dry. smooth wet and deep finish still!!!

Now, this is not as slick as wg (that`s sick slick) but thats one of the slickest sealants. This vw is on par with souveran (that is saying alot as that`s my current go to wax).

I have not tried the concours (supposedly better than the collectors), which should really be exciting, as my souveran is near empty and I may have found a replacement.
    Thanks to CalgaryDetail, I have discovered VW.
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like

hey thnkx for the mini review i really like to head your thoughts. Its definlty a fun wax to apply once you get a little practice. And yes its neet how you get a deeper look instead of a shinier. I think it would be cool to do a coat of vw and yop with soveign. (looks like thats my next car wax lo) but thank you for the review
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information