Post Thanks / Like

New Liquid Glass info

I noticed an increase in interest in Liquid Glass recently, and many seem to be of the opinion that it`s an outdated formula/product. I wrote to them and received this reply. Take it for what it`s worth:

Don M:

The Liquid Glass Polish/Finish has been continually updated to meet the
    requirements of new paint finsihes, as well as the technical demands of
    the chemical industry. As a result, Liquid Glass Polish/Finish continues
    to be the longest lasting protection available from a polish or wax.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sincerely,
    Michael Trueba Jr.

> It has been several years since I`ve used Liquid Glass and I`ve come to
    > the point where my abilities have vastly improved and I was thinking about
    > trying Liquid Glass again. Several detailing forums are of the belief that
    > Liquid Glass is "old school" and cannot match the new technologies.
    >
    > They had also made comments that sometimes manufacturers upgrade their
    > formulas as technology improves without advising of the `new and improved`
    > products. I guess my question is how well does Liquid Glass compare to all
    > these new `high-tech` products now on the market?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Don M
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Liquid Glass info

Liquid Glass appears to be the "red-headed step child" of the paint protection "family."

Well, that`s fine with me.

I don`t do other`s cars or trucks or whatever painted conveyance they roam the boulevards with. NAY!!!!! I only detail my own critter.... a white pick-em-up truck that is exposed to the salty winter roads during the non-warm months and oodles of bird and bug droppings during the non-cold periods between the mini-ice ages we are exposed to hereabouts.

Liquid Glass does seem to last for a relatively lengthy period and the shine is good enough for my desires.

After a lengthy trip across plains that didn`t look all the "fruited" to me and across several mountain ranges with nary a "purple" look I was confronted with several road repair areas where only asphalt was being used.

Arriving home I noticed a mutitude of asphalt/tar droplets on the truck`s flanks and shuddered with despair after dropping to the ground and peering upwards at the lowest portions of the painted surfaces where the asphalt/tar was plastered upon the GM U50 Summit White paint.

Sigh...............

Planning on a thorough waxing anyway I broke out the Dawn and and poured it in the bucket, a dense concentration so as to assist in cutting through the petro-crud. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily the tar/asphalt came off. I attributr part of this ease to the Dawn and part of it to the two coats of Liquid Glass the crud was resting upon.

During the ice age era when the salt abounds I have noticed how easily a quick frigid washing will remove the salty residue from the vehicle. As with the asphalt/tar I believe the Liquid Glass creates a surface that is conducive to the easy removal of contaminants. Of course, the Dawn is only used for certain conditions with the vast majority of washes using store-bought made-for-car-washing products such as NXT car wash goop.

Liquid Glass doesn`t possess the panache` (is that a fancy word for "snob appeal") many other products have but.... over here, `cross the holler, in the cultural backwater of Nebraska, where watching corn grow is considered extreme excitement, that dern` old Liquid Glass sure seems to be a mighty fine product.

Whaddya` think..... only 7 months to get a reply. Heck, the Pony Express was faster than that!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

obbop, that was great

And the liquid glass review was very good too;-).
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahahaha
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Thread Information