Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

3d Pink Car Soap Review

Hi all,
    I am home for the summer and starting to review a lot more products. So sorry if I post a lot in this group.

Product/ Packaging/ Price:
    So I`m reviewing the 3d Pink Car Soap. This is one of 2 soaps that 3d offers. I have it in the gallon size and have used almost half the gallon in many different uses. The product is very thick soap gel and has a bright pink color. The scent is a sweet cherry candy type scent. The dilution is 1oz to 1 gallon of water. The soap sells for $18.50 for a gallon (can usually find it for $15 on sale). The soap is also supposed to have no wax, gloss enhancers, or anything else. Just a simple car soap. I added a Tolco gallon pump for easy dispensing.

I also used my brand new Ryobi pressure washer for this review. It is fantastic! $115 from Home Depot and works fantastically.

Before Condition of the Car:
    Some of you have probably seen this car in some of my other reviews. It is my mom`s 2011 Mercedes GL550 in Jet Black with 82k miles. It sits outside 24/7 and has never been polished. She also runs it through the tunnel car wash when I`m away at college (I know, I tell her not to).

The car has about a month`s worth of dirt, pollen, brake dust, everything on this car. It also had heavy water-spotting from the sprinklers hitting it.

Suds:
    I added about 3-4 pumps of soap to my bucket which is equivalent to 3-4 oz. I used my pressure washer to activate the suds and it created a thick sudsy solution. I`ve used this soap with a regular hose and the suds are very easy to generate--you don`t need a pressure washer.

The suds also lasted the whole wash. After washing, drying, and rinsing out my other buckets the foam looked like this:

Lubricity:
    In my opinion, suds are great, but a soap`s performance is all about lubricity. This soap feels slick on the surface and it carries the dirt away easily. The slickness of this soap is very good, I`d rate it a 8/10.

Cleaning Power:
    This was the category I was most impressed with. The car was filthy before and this soap handled it like it was nothing. I did not use a foam gun/ cannon on this vehicle. The cleaning power of this soap is fantastic. I was really impressed with the cleaning power from a pH balanced and wax safe shampoo. In my current soap arsenal, this is best cleaning soap I own (compared to my Hyper Wash review, the 3d Pink smashes it). Remember, there is no wax or gloss enhancers in this soap, so it just leaves the car clean and prepped.

Also cleaned up the interior and engine bay on my mom`s car. Not bad for 82k miles!

Final Thoughts:
    This soap is one of my favorites. It is cheap for a gallon and even cheaper for a 5 gallon (only $50!) I`ve used this soap in a ton of different ways--bucket soap, Gilmour foam gun, foam cannon, wheel soap, Wheel Cleaner Gel (diluted 3:1 in a spray bottle), and even more. This soap does it all. The scent is good, suds are great, slickness is very good, and cleaning power is fantastic. It also just leaves the surface clean which I like when starting a detail--no wax or fillers or gloss enhancers to fight with. My only issue with this soap is that it doesn`t rinse as easily as other soaps. The Meg`s Hyper Wash and Shine Supply Shine Soap rinse easier than the 3d Pink. Overall, I think it is a great soap and since I`m doing higher volume cars now, I will order the 5 gallon soon. Thanks for reading!

Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3d Pink Car Soap Review

Nice review. 3d pink is my go to soap. Their wash & wax is very good too if you want to leave a little protection behind.
    Likes m54daboll liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love it too.. I buy in 5 gallon container. Since I foam my cars before bucket washing.

Great product. Super affordable, and fantastic results.

Post Thanks / Like

Good review! Thanks for taking the time to post it.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. 3D Pink soap is a really nice soap. I have a bottle that I will be using on my boat this summer. You really can`t beat it for the price.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing this review. It looks like a great soap. My current go-to is Megs HW. Where it looks like it kills the 3D soap is in the dilution ratio, making it a very good deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review!!! Thanks for doing it!!!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I might just try it out when I run out of Hyper-Wash if I can`t find PB SSS.

I`d be interested to see how it foams in a foam gun or foam cannon/lance.

P.S. I find the dilution ratio you used considerably stronger than hyper wash`s 400:1 ratio. I only use 1oz of hyper wash per wash bucket and 1oz in my foam cannon (3oz total per maintains wash).

Post Thanks / Like

m54daboll- Well done review, thanks for posting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Thanks for doing this review. It looks like a great soap. My current go-to is Megs HW. Where it looks like it kills the 3D soap is in the dilution ratio, making it a very good deal.
    Yes it does, but 3d Pink kills it in cleaning power. I have Hyper Wash too, I posted a review last week
    Michael Daboll

-1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    Great review. I might just try it out when I run out of Hyper-Wash if I can`t find PB SSS.

I`d be interested to see how it foams in a foam gun or foam cannon/lance.

P.S. I find the dilution ratio you used considerably stronger than hyper wash`s 400:1 ratio. I only use 1oz of hyper wash per wash bucket and 1oz in my foam cannon (3oz total per maintains wash).
    Yep, the directions say use 1 oz to 1 gallon of water. So i had around 3-4 oz of water in my bucket so uses about 4 oz. It is definitely not the most concentrated soap, but it is very cheap and cleans fantastically so I don`t really mind. I will post a video of it in the foam lance sometime this week if I can!
    Michael Daboll

Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great Review!

I tried the 3D Pink last year and liked it enough to purchase a gallon during the sale last week.

I can`t comment on Hyper Wash (never used it), but at 3 ounces/wash, I can get roughly 55 washes @ 0.27/wash out of a gallon of 3D Pink. That`s more than enough to get me through next year when I`m ready to try the next new soap.

Post Thanks / Like

It really is a great soap. I will most likely buy the 5 gallon from a local supplier to save on shipping.
    Michael Daboll

Post Thanks / Like

After seeing your review, I`ve ordered some to try. Don`t think there`s a bigger compliment than that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information