Post Thanks / Like

303 Automotive Protectorant Review

I picked up a few of the new 303 products to try on my last order. I have always been a big fan of 303 Protectorant and have used it for years in the marine environment on my boat`s interior. It has been my "go to" along with Marine 31 Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner. Between these two products my boats interior looks like it came off the showroom floor even after 17 years. I love the look of 303. It leaves a nice finish that isn`t overly greasy or shiny. I feel it`s perfect for car interior vinyl to give it that fresh look. The UV protection is also a huge plus.

303 states that the new bottle and packaging on the 303 Protectorant is the same formula as before. I can say I compared the smell and consistency to an old bottle of 303 that I had and they appear to be the same.

Product Description

303 Automotive Protectant is a repackaged version of the world famous 303 Aerospace Protectant, with a new look! 303 Automotive Protectant is arguably one of the most versatile detailing products you’ll ever own. This advanced formula provides the utmost in UV protection on vinyl, rubber and plastic interior and exterior surfaces. 303 Automotive Protectant contains SPF40, the most UV protection offered by any surface protectant. 303 Automotive Protectant provides the ultimate UV protection.

Use 303 Automotive Protectant on vinyl convertible tops, vinyl seats, tonneau covers, car bras, vinyl awnings, dashboard, and trim pieces. It is safe on vinyl, rubber, plastic, acrylic, and finished leather. 303 Automotive Protectant provides the best protection you can provide for a multitude of materials. Nothing works better on clear plastic to prevent yellowing, hardening, and clouding.

Application

I applied 303 with a micro fiber applicator and worked it into the dashboard and vinyl on my 2006 Dodge Ram`s interior

Scent

Very mild and not overpowering

Thoughts

1. A great look that is not overly greasy or shiny and just a step over a matte finish.
    2. I have used it on my engine plastic as well with great results. I typically just spray on and walk away.

Pictures

Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Automotive Protectorant Review

Looks good.

Glad they kept it the same.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

303 has been a go to product for me for years. I`ve used it on black motorcycle motors and it looks great and never turns white. I know that`s an off label use, but what works, works. I hope they keep the formula the same.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Pat!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Pat.

Do you think this product would work well on vinyl truck floors, or could it become slippery? Or How about rubber mats like you have in your truck?

I see it says on the bottle about not using on floors, maybe that is just for insurance reasons?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    Thanks for the review Pat.

Do you think this product would work well on vinyl truck floors, or could it become slippery? Or How about rubber mats like you have in your truck?

I see it says on the bottle about not using on floors, maybe that is just for insurance reasons?
    303 is not all that greasy or slippery. I have used it on some neglected rubber mats with good results.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pat

Thread Information