Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Wax Attack 2 Polisher

I was at SEMA a few weeks ago and while visiting the Mothers display I got the opportunity to use the new Wax Attack 2polisher on a test panel with 3000 grit sanding scratches in it to replicate typical marring on a daily driver.Looking at the polisher and pads I really wasn’t expecting it to perform all that well compared to the professional quality polishers and pads I’m normally used to using but it actually did quite well.More on that later.

Mothers designed the polisher using industry trusted
    dual-action random-orbital technology and have assembled it in a kit form. The complete kit includes the
    Wax Attack 2 Buffer, Pads (x3), 12 oz. Professional Rubbing Compound, 12 oz. Professional Finishing Polish, 12 oz. California Gold Synthetic Wax, 16x16 Microfiber Towels (x3) and comes in a hard plastic carrying case.
    The kit was designed to be safe and simplify the steps from compounding to waxing so all of the pads are the same. That’s the part that surprised me at just how well it actually worked. The soft pad teamed up with the compound from their professional line made pretty quick work of removing the sanding scratches. The compound haze was easily cleaned up with the finishing polish which happens to be one of my favorites anyway so I knew that was going to be easy to do.

The case is molded to hold all of the contents secure and organized.

The face of all the pads are flat with a centering hole. The back of the pad is recessed with the outer edge covering the outer edge of the backing plate that protects it from contacting the finish.

The hook material on the backing plate covers the whole plate and holds the pad very securely but not so strong the pad is hard to remove.

Rubber non slip panels on the polisher body and handle.
    Simple on/off switch easily accessed with your thumb.

The ergonomics of the polisher are very comfortable and the polisher feels very balanced even when holding it horizontal like you would on a fender or doorpanel.

Finalthoughts:
    Using the system as designed is almost fool proof even for the average guy that has never done any real paint correction before.

Initially I thought I would purchase this for Christmas for my brother who likes to keep his truck looking nice but has no interest in filling up a cabinet with detailing supplies and another for my sister and brother in-law to throw in their coach that makes a trip to Hilton Head a few times a year and sits for a month at a time. This kit would be perfect for them being self contained and have everything needed to maintain the
    paint from normal wear and tear from the trip. But now I think I’ll keep this one for myself and buy two more for them. Reason being, it never fails whenever I go to a family/friend function somebody always has something on their car they want me to look at, and the question always is “can you fix this”? Most times it’s normally something minor and having the Wax Attack kit in the trunk with me I’ll have everything I need to fix the majority of the paint issues they may have.
    Likes The Guz, Ronkh, Bunky, tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks The Guz, KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Wax Attack 2 Polisher

Seems like a well designed little kit for the non obsessed person. Gotta give mothers credit for putting together a concise, well thought out kit like that.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post
    Thanks rzatch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! I wonder would this be an alternative to the under-powered Griots 3" polisher??
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I think that is the target buyer.

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like just the thing to intro myself to machine paint corrections. I don`t see replacement pads on the Mothers section of the AG store. Will any other 6.5" pad work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    Seems like a well designed little kit for the non obsessed person. Gotta give mothers credit for putting together a concise, well thought out kit like that.
    Maybe a obsessed person like myself also Maybe used to do some small correction ?

Brothers X mas gift

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    This looks like just the thing to intro myself to machine paint corrections. I don`t see replacement pads on the Mothers section of the AG store. Will any other 6.5" pad work?
    That`s a good question it has the Velcro backing so you would think other pads would work ?

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see why not. The backing plate is 5.5".
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool review! Thanks for putting it together!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    Cool review! Thanks for putting it together!
    Perfect little machine for a starting Novice,
    thank you for the review

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    I don`t see replacement pads on the Mothers section of the AG store. Will any other 6.5" pad work?
    Since it`s designed to work together as a system, you`re better off to use the same pads, instead of mixing from other suppliers.

We have replacement pads available - I just haven`t gotten around to getting them to AG to put on their site. The part # for the pads is 90033. They`ll be up soon.

It really is an amazing machine, and totally stupid-proof. While it`s not as powerful or fast as those pro (or prosumer) machines, for about $100 it gives you everything you need in one package - product pads and machine.

Mike did us a killer video. I need to bug them to get the video up.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like

Is the speed adjustable?

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    Is the speed adjustable?
    No, that`s the beauty of the system. We`ve taken all the variables out of it. You can`t pick the wrong pad, or the wrong speed.

There is always concern when you`re asked to do something in a way you`re not familiar with, but trust me, using the system works.

The day before we shot the video, Mike used the machine with his favorite pad and compound. It didn`t work. When he redid it with the included pad and compound, he was amazed at the results.
    forrest
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Thread Information