Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Waterless Wash Kit

This is my first review.
    I picked up the Pinnacle Waterless Wash Concentrate kit. It comes with 6 Cobra jr. towels and a spray bottle. The concentrate has 1 oz. marks on the side and the spray bottle has measurements on the side every 4 ounces. It holds 33oz. enough for one 32:1 mixture.

The concentrate is very thin and like milk. It is mixed 32:1 ratio. It should make up about 4 gals. of RTU. wash. The Pinnacle bottle has a handy measuring section on top for 1/2 and 1 ounce.
    The towels are very nice and soft, 16x16, they have a removable tag.

After a pass here is the dirt it picked up, I turned over the towel and buffed it dry. The car was washed earlier in the week with a rinse-less wash.

Here is the final result in the sun.

My results were very good, the car has a nice warm glow to it in the sun. I believe I should have used a bit more product and taken a little more time. This was my first waterless wash and first Pinnacle use. Thanks for reading !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Waterless Wash Kit

Nice !!!!

There is a balance with ww products. Use too much and it smears, too little and marring.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use around 20-30 oz of product and 12 Edgeless towels every time I do a waterless wash for extra safety measure. I also find it interesting how some products call for very high dilution ratios like D115 (1:4) and Opti-Clean (1:3) while others use very low dilution ratios like 1:32. Wouldn`t the 1:32 ratio products be so concentrated that they`d be almost gel-like? Or are Opti-Clean and D115 recommended ratios just excessive to prevent marring and customer complaints?

Post Thanks / Like

Pheerix, the concentrate by itself is very watery. It`s a 32:1 ratio, being 32 parts water and 1 part product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    I use around 20-30 oz of product and 12 Edgeless towels every time I do a waterless wash for extra safety measure. I also find it interesting how some products call for very high dilution ratios like D115 (1:4) and Opti-Clean (1:3) while others use very low dilution ratios like 1:32. Wouldn`t the 1:32 ratio products be so concentrated that they`d be almost gel-like? Or are Opti-Clean and D115 recommended ratios just excessive to prevent marring and customer complaints?
    Pinnacle WW rules.

With the others - your paying for water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Nice !!!!

There is a balance with ww products. Use too much and it smears, too little and marring.
    I did another quick wash today, used more product and it did smear a bit more. The car was warmer than the other day. Today I did it in the afternoon and the other wash was in the morning. It was windy today if that matters? Still a quick way to wash a fairly clean car !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pgp View Post
    I did another quick wash today, used more product and it did smear a bit more. The car was warmer than the other day. Today I did it in the afternoon and the other wash was in the morning. It was windy today if that matters? Still a quick way to wash a fairly clean car !
    Me, I`d rather have a little smear and clean it up with a good micro, than use too little. Just keep another micro close and do it as it happens.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Thread Information