Post Thanks / Like

PRO Car Beauty Products by BAF Industries

A while back I asked if anyone knew anything about PRO Products. No one seemed to have information from this decade. As I found out by members and searching online, these products are intended for dealerships and body shops. I figured I would bite the bullet and try to give some feedback for anyone who was thinking of trying these products or curious such as me. Before I begin, please understand I have no other products to compare this to which should hopefully provide an unbiased opinion. I purchased three products; P-26 Clear Cut Compound, P-21 Swirl Eliminator & Polish, and P-36 Cherry Finishing Wax. I only did a test spot on a highly neglected car hood, clear coat severely oxidized and failing in spots. I washed the hood and did not clay it. I did this for the purpose of not all people are as meticulous as members on this site. I used cotton terry clothes for all 3 steps and wipe off with terry nap microfiber cloth.

1st step) P-26 Clear Cut Compound: I first took a small dab of product and put it on my finger to see its texture. The compound has a feel that is a little finer than chalk and the consistency of a really thick gravy. I was able to work a small amount of product for quite a while before it began to dry. After I wiped away the residue, I was able to see quite a bit of correction as I now had a shine when I started with a dull surface. The surface now was smooth to the touch. I would actually consider this more of a polishing compound than rubbing compound considering the amount grit. Either way, this product given the amount prep time and level of cleaning has yielded better than expected results.

2nd step) P-21 Swirl Eliminator & Polish: I also repeated what I did in step 1. I did not notice any grit to this product which leads me to believe this product is meant as a filler/cleaner. Also, the consistency is the same as the other. I did not notice any more correction that what had occurred during the first. Like the first step, I was able to work the product for quite a while.

3rd step) P-36 Cherry Finishing Wax: Again, I began with the overall feel off product. Consistency was the same as the others with a nice cherry smell. Being it`s obviously not intended to be a cleaner or have any cut because it is wax, I did not see anything that would suggest otherwise. My test for wax is its ability to sheet water and bead. I was able to work the product for quite a while as seems to be the theme for these products. Once application was completed, I flooded the area with water and noticed immediately the area did not retain any water at all. I then sprayed a finer mist to simulate a shower to see the beading. The beading did not have symmetrical round beads but had variety of different shaped beads.

Overall the products delivered results that are adequate for a daily driver not a show piece. Everything was easy to apply and remove. Please also consider everything was done by hand and also not prepped as a meticulous owner would do. I tried to keep this very similar to what a regular car owner would do. The next test will be on my own car with a rotary, the surface will be prepped properly and clayed. Also, I will check in a month on the spot I did today for longevity of the wax. I will save my recommendation for getting this product until I can do my whole car put it in real world scenario. If there are any questions, I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PRO Car Beauty Products by BAF Industries

Well, you haven`t sold me any yet.

Post Thanks / Like

PRO Car Beauty Products by BAF Industries

These products came up at the seance I was at tonight (I attend seances often). The Ouija Board told us "don`t buy these products".... "don`t buy these products"...

Then there was an ominous knock at the door. The table started levitating. The door flung open... I`m not kidding either....

Then; an inauspicious ghoul like translucent figure appeared in the vestibule with a dual action polisher in his left hand. Something was in his right hand. I thought it was a bottle of ketchup (I had some cheese fries in front of me), but it was actually a bottle of polish. He said : "you have been warned"....
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only PRO product that I`ve ever used, and this goes back to the 1990`s, was their W-41 Yellow Wax in a tin can.

Very ordinary wax, short duration. I would look at newer and more current detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually considering Megs when I came across this stuff. I will most likely end up going to M105, M205 and #21 as I have heard nothing but good things from everyone who has used these products. I was unable to get anyone to give me updated results from this decade about any of their products. I figured I would give it a try and see what comes of it. I picked up all 3 of these products for what a 32oz bottle of m205 would cost. You never know who may come across the information such as I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by geoff19crx View Post
    ...I will most likely end up going to M105, M205 and #21 as I have heard nothing but good things from everyone who has used these products.
    I probably could not tell you the last time I used M105.
    Once I tried Meguiars M101 I have never looked back.

"If I could only have two polishes they would be M101 and Carpro Reflect."
    Likes Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A quick update on the progress of this stuff. It has been nearly 30 days since I last did anything with the spot I did on my mother`s hood and surprisingly my father has yet to clean or wax the vehicle either, despite the shiny spot that stands out to anyone. I washed the area of the spot and noticed immediately the wax lost every bit of its beading and sheeting ability. I examined the area a little closer to find no perceived changes in appearance. The area is still very smooth to the touch and also the level of correction is still present, just seemingly no protection for it. I will continue to monitor the spot to see just how long it will take for new oxidation to begin to appear. So as a recap, I would not recommend the wax sealant but correction appears to be adequate on this particular vehicle being an 05 Toyota Highlander with OEM paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah these brands of products are meant for dealerships etc. like you said. I like to call them bath tub products because a lot of there degreasers and cleaners vary from batch to batch and are inconsistent(too strong/not strong enough). We used to say that`s cause there mixed in a bath tub! LOL!!! Same goes for KarKem, granitize, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Update, My father finally took care of the vehicle or at least making it look a little better. He used just a polishing compound and then some carnuba paste wax. I am uncertain of the brands, I just know my father`s practices in car care, not to good. Regardless of the job he did I wanted to point out what he did still did not compare to the level of correction performed by the products I used. I feel at this point I will most likely use the correction products and then step up to a better sealer to finish it off. Does anyone have a recommended product that will last for 6 months or better? I want a product that will give a good shine but yet remain durable as this is my daily driver.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at polish angel masters sealant. My new favorite, well worth it.

Another good one duragloss 601/105.

Post Thanks / Like

That W-41 that was mentioned earlier is the stuff I used in the `70s. Still have my last tin of it..the scent takes me back.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff19crx View Post
    Does anyone have a recommended product that will last for 6 months or better? I want a product that will give a good shine but yet remain durable as this is my daily driver.
    FK1000P is what I use/recommend. Much easier than building up 4-6 layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze (which will also last that long IME).

Thread Information