Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Where have all the deals on PB`s gone?

I went to compare prices on some PB products I want by the spring recently and I noticed Autogeek and PAC, which normally have good prices on the whole Poorboy`s range, are selling everything at retail prices. I went down the distributor list and found that only one (sportscarcare.com) had lower than retail prices on most products. Also, danase.com (which for some reason is not on the distributor list ) has some products on sale but the rest are at retail, which is not how it used to be. Anyone have any idea why the increase in prices? Are we to expect some spring mega-sales? Matt, Dwayne, Steve?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where have all the deals on PB`s gone?

I can get myself for not ordering from Brilex 2 weeeks ago when all the products were $3.00 to $4.00 less plus free shipping over an X amount $$$ and a Free MF..

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman8r44
    I went to compare prices on some PB products I want by the spring recently and I noticed Autogeek and PAC, which normally have good prices on the whole Poorboy`s range, are selling everything at retail prices.

Are we to expect some spring mega-sales? Matt, Dwayne, Steve?
    2 feet of snow and you are still looking for detailing products.
    That`s what I call a "Hard Core Detailer".
    I think a lot of people in the NE are just looking for their cars.
    It`s probably a little early for the spring sales, but I`ll bet there will be some.
    Hopefully, you will be dug out by then.
    Friday, I was upset about our 1" or less that messed up the streets and got both vehicles dirty. I didn`t realize how lucky we were.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t speak for everyone but I do know that the rising cost of doing business we needed to adjust our prices accordingly.

Keep in mind that forum members get a nice discount right off the top so you are never really paying full retail.

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    2 feet of snow and you are still looking for detailing products.
    That`s what I call a "Hard Core Detailer".
    I think a lot of people in the NE are just looking for their cars.
    It`s probably a little early for the spring sales, but I`ll bet there will be some.
    Hopefully, you will be dug out by then.
    Friday, I was upset about our 1" or less that messed up the streets and got both vehicles dirty. I didn`t realize how lucky we were.

Charles
    LOL That`s what the garage is for, Charles! :stuart: We actually didn`t get as much as the city/other parts of the island got...I think it was only around 10 inches or so, at most. And it was light snow, which made it easy to shovel out of the way. I`m just looking forward to spring, making sure I stock up early.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL That`s what the garage is for, Charles! :stuart: We actually didn`t get as much as the city/other parts of the island got...I think it was only around 10 inches or so, at most. And it was light snow, which made it easy to shovel out of the way. I`m just looking forward to spring, making sure I stock up early.
    Sherman were all crying for spring in Chicago. were on a Storm watch for thursday for snow,I`m guessing we might get hit as bad as the N/E but it is too early to predict as of now..

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn`t it amazing how a major snowstorm changes your perspective? The comment, "It was only around 10 inches or so", for instance.
    Normally 10" of snow would be a lot, but when others got the 24"+, it probably doesn`t seem all that bad to you.
    (Still sounds lke a lot to me, though.)

Charles

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    Keep in mind that forum members get a nice discount right off the top so you are never really paying full retail.Dwayne
    Besides that, I know that almost every Sponsor on this board includes a freebee like a mf , extra applicator, a calandar besides excellent service
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, we`ve been having a spring-like winter until this! When you can play basketball wearing a T-shirt and shorts in the middle of January in New York, you know it`s not a typical winter. And then BAM we got hit with this.

Dwayne, I know we all get the discount, but we used to get lower base prices PLUS the discount. It also strikes me as odd that just about every distributor has raised their prices on Poorboy`s products, and Poorboy`s products only. Does that mean Steve`s prices to distributors have gone up?

Post Thanks / Like

DID I HEAR ""SPRING"" OH I LOVE THAT WORD...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Besides that, I know that almost every Sponsor on this board includes a freebee like a mf , extra applicator, a calandar besides excellent service
    Yes all the sponsors :detective provide extras and it is very much appreciated.
    Also the sponsors here at DC treat us like Family members,well the family members they like anyways .

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, we`ve been having a spring-like winter until this! When you can play basketball wearing a T-shirt and shorts in the middle of January in New York, you know it`s not a typical winter. And then BAM we got hit with this.

Dwayne, I know we all get the discount, but we used to get lower base prices PLUS the discount. It also strikes me as odd that just about every distributor has raised their prices on Poorboy`s products, and Poorboy`s products only. Does that mean Steve`s prices to distributors have gone up?
    We have seen price increases all across the board and have had to adjust prices on Four Star UPP, Covercraft, and Poorboy`s products in recent months. Specific distributor price information is confidential. You can safely assume that companies that need to remain profitable will adjust their prices to allow for a fair profit for the goods and services rendered.

In addition to the actual COGS (Cost Of Goods Sold), shipping costs increased as of Jan 1, 2006 as well.

Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    We have seen price increases all across the board and have had to adjust prices on Four Star UPP, Covercraft, and Poorboy`s products in recent months. Specific distributor price information is confidential. You can safely assume that companies that need to remain profitable will adjust their prices to allow for a fair profit for the goods and services rendered.

In addition to the actual COGS (Cost Of Goods Sold), shipping costs increased as of Jan 1, 2006 as well.

Dwayne
    Everything on earth has gone up in price (even a good hooker) insert laughter) so I can understand. I know since the increase in gas so many thing have gone up. In fact i went to ship a package the other day and those prices really increased. Use to cost me about 7.00 to ship a small package to So. Cal. now it is like 9.50. Thank goodness you business guys get better deals on shipping than the genral public or we would really be paying a lot.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 97F1504x4
    Everything on earth has gone up in price (even a good hooker) insert laughter) so I can understand. I know since the increase in gas so many thing have gone up. In fact i went to ship a package the other day and those prices really increased. Use to cost me about 7.00 to ship a small package to So. Cal. now it is like 9.50. Thank goodness you business guys get better deals on shipping than the genral public or we would really be paying a lot.

Richard
    Businesses do get awesome deals on packages shipped by air to other businesses. The smallest discounts available are those to residential addresses shipped by Ground. Guess what 99.9% of our shipping is? Ground residential. :censored:

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 97F1504x4

Richard
    We had three fuel surcharge increases in the last 2 weeks ...so far we are sucking it up..but if they continue, you can guarantee it will be affecting the consumer soon enough:censored:
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information