Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    My most used product after a wash has been Zaino Z8, which I really like. I was out of Z8 so i made a trip to Carquest. Tried Aquawax for the first time today on my 09 burgandy Accord. As easy to use as Z8, as slick as Z8 and the finish was on par with Z8, very nice! I paid $8.26 for 22 ounces. As much as I like Z8, I really don`t see a difference in the two. When my 22 ouces run out, I will be buying a gallon. Really good stuff. Two thumbs up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I too tried Z8 before I tried AW. I really dont see a reason to spend the extra money on Z8 anymore. For less than the cost of 2 bottles (32oz total) I can get a whole gallon of AW.

The only thing I cant comment on durability. Maybe Z8 stands out there, I dont know though. But with its ease of use, durability is really not an issue. Everyone should have some AW in their stash.

Ive never seen a bad review of this stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the stuff, but it really takes it a while for the pop to come out for me. The next day is like 100% better than after it was just applied.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both Z8 and AW and there is simply no reason to use another spray wax other than AW.

The ONLY product that even comes close to AW in all terms is Megs Quick Wax.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt sell OCW down the river at $10.00 for 17oz though. They are both very good products.

My latest trend with AW is to use while drying with a waffle weave, then go over again once vehicle is dry, with an additional WW. I have found this method keeps my vehicles cleanest for the longest period of time. Works like a champ at under $10.00 a bottle. Probably the best "under $10.00" one could have in their arsenal.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely patrick, if we had to rate them, I would rate OCW a tad bit higher than AW.

I have had a problem with streaking on a pretty hot panel whereas AW on the same panel did not. May have been user error though. OCW is a tad bit slicker, and from my experience is pretty durable even on its own.

I just like the highly reflective/bright look of AW where as OCW seems a bit softer/deeper. Both are great for different situations

Post Thanks / Like
    Dsoto,

i agree on the streaking if using OCW but none if using AW. Don`t think it is user error as most ppl using OCWax have that happening to them in certain conditions.

I also agree on your comments of their different result looks.

about whether their "rating" or "ranking", one over the other, well for me so far they are the same. only price differs them.

Post Thanks / Like
    i only buy AW by the gallon now... :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    As much as I like Z8, I really don`t see a difference in the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    I really dont see a reason to spend the extra money on Z8 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1
    I have used both Z8 and AW and there is simply no reason to use another spray wax other than AW.

You know it`s funny, I have both of these, but I only use Z8 over Zaino, and I only use AW over other stuff, and Z8 seems way slicker and more durable than AW to me...it must be the Zaino base? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely patrick, if we had to rate them, I would rate OCW a tad bit higher than AW.

I have had a problem with streaking on a pretty hot panel whereas AW on the same panel did not. May have been user error though. OCW is a tad bit slicker, and from my experience is pretty durable even on its own.

I just like the highly reflective/bright look of AW where as OCW seems a bit softer/deeper. Both are great for different situations

Lighter colors AW wins, darks its OCW. OCW is a much better swirl hider too.

Post Thanks / Like
    AW - cheap, available locally (no friggin shipping charges and waiting on UPS) and smells great, what`s there not to love!

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, OCW has a *slight* lead. AW works amazing on hot paint in the sun where OCW doesnt.

Post Thanks / Like
    you know it`s funny, I have both of these, but I only use Z8 over Zaino, and I only use AW over other stuff, and Z8 seems way slicker and more durable than AW to me...it must be the Zaino base?
    That might be my problem setec. I never actually used Z8 over the sealant it was meant to work with. At the same time though, I never used aquawax over the DG105/111.

It is possible that Z8 is a *bit* slicker than AW. Ive never used them side by side so I cant judge for sure. If it is slicker than AW, IMO, it wasnt a big enough difference for me to be wowed. I honestly couldnt tell.

BTW, how are we to judge the durability of a topper? Are you talking about the durability of the slickness?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used up my AW (which I liked), and have since been using Meguiar`s UQW. I think it`s a really nice product. Pluses - easy to use, smooth and slick finish, looks great, impressive durability. For example, after a few days of on and off rain storms, the lower side panels still bead/sheet water after a wash (with just regular car wash shampoo, nothing polymer enriched). I`ve used more than a few traditional LSPs that didn`t do as well. The only thing I don`t like is the ultra-fine sprayer.

Z8 is really nice too; it does everything well. Plus, it smells the best (IMO), which does add to the enjoyment factor. Of course, it is pricey per oz.

You can`t go wrong with any of them, really.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1

The ONLY product that even comes close to AW in all terms is Megs Quick Wax.

AW used to be my go-to, but lately I`ve been using OCW and 4 star spray wax +

I`ll have to remind myself how well AW works soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information