Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried every other bandwagon product so I thought I might as well try the aquawax as well. However, unlike all of the other products, aquawax really delivered. I`m almost convinced that it can`t be offering any real protection because it was too easy to use.

I started off with a wash and quick polishing using Blackfire polish on the horizontal surfaces to get rid of some water spots. The vertical surfaces had 2 layers of FK 2180 and 1 coat of FK PW. I applied a few spritzes per panel and used a blue excel MF to work in. The first thing I noticed was the clear shine. It didn`t alter the look on either the bare horizontal panels or layered verticle panels, only made them look shiny and wet. The strange thing was that there was no residue to buff. I waited as long as 15 minutes after application for residue to appear but nothing happened. I was sure that I applied it wrong somehow but it looked terrific and was very slick. I tried another coat applying more product this time. Still no residue.

After about 4 coats in about 45 minutes I was blown away. The product couldn`t be easier to apply unless it applied itself and the look was exactly what I like on my flat black paint. I didn`t notice any issues applying the AW over the PW but I guess durability will be the real test. However, since the product is so easy to use, I can`t see how I`m going to resist application after every wash.

Bottom line is that this is the very first bandwagon product that I have bought that has lived up to the hype. I`m ordering the gallon size right after this post. :up

Pics will be up in one week since my DC is being loaned out and if AW is really a synthetic then it will need some time to look it`s best.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got some today as well - I have been using DG line for a while on and off - their other products are awesome too, but yah this is the shizit.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groebuck
    I just got some today as well - I have been using DG line for a while on and off - their other products are awesome too, but yah this is the shizit.

good to see your still around :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a 2005 Ford Excape last tuesday. I washed it with QEW, and went over it with Aquawax ,did the outside windows ,wheel cleaner on the wheels ,brush and apc on the tires, dress the tires. I did the car in 45 minutes. The car looked like I spent all day detailing it. The reflections on the paint were unreal. There may be other great spray waxes out there but ,I dont think any of them are better.

Post Thanks / Like
    yah I am still around :lol - moved from NC to OH so dropped out for a bit : - )

Post Thanks / Like
    what other "bandwagon" products did you try and in what way(s) were they deficient?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edsmed
    I`ve tried every other bandwagon product so I thought I might as well try the aquawax as well. However, unlike all of the other products, aquawax really delivered. I`m almost convinced that it can`t be offering any real protection because it was too easy to use.

I started off with a wash and quick polishing using Blackfire polish on the horizontal surfaces to get rid of some water spots. The vertical surfaces had 2 layers of FK 2180 and 1 coat of FK PW. I applied a few spritzes per panel and used a blue excel MF to work in. The first thing I noticed was the clear shine. It didn`t alter the look on either the bare horizontal panels or layered verticle panels, only made them look shiny and wet. The strange thing was that there was no residue to buff. I waited as long as 15 minutes after application for residue to appear but nothing happened. I was sure that I applied it wrong somehow but it looked terrific and was very slick. I tried another coat applying more product this time. Still no residue.

After about 4 coats in about 45 minutes I was blown away. The product couldn`t be easier to apply unless it applied itself and the look was exactly what I like on my flat black paint. I didn`t notice any issues applying the AW over the PW but I guess durability will be the real test. However, since the product is so easy to use, I can`t see how I`m going to resist application after every wash.

Bottom line is that this is the very first bandwagon product that I have bought that has lived up to the hype. I`m ordering the gallon size right after this post. :up

Pics will be up in one week since my DC is being loaned out and if AW is really a synthetic then it will need some time to look it`s best.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been raving about this stuff like a lunatic and now they came out with a new one that I have to try . Maybe in a week or so when I run out of the AW. That is if this stuff ever shows any sign of wearing out or washing off :laugh: Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker
    what other "bandwagon" products did you try and in what way(s) were they deficient?

Let`s see,

OCW - nice product but didn`t get more than 1 month of durability out of 3+ coats on a car outside 24/7.

IW 845 - decent looks but couldn`t get even application by hand to save my life.

FK pink/2180/425 - I actually really like pink wax but since AW is so easy everything else seems like too much work. 2180 didn`t wow me even though it was easy on and off. 425 was also nice but nothing really stood out from my other 10 qd`s.

OP - nice polish but didn`t finish as nice as blackfire polish on my Honda black paint.

There were some others but I have a really bad memory. None of the products were bad but I don`t think that any of them really lived up to the hype.

Post Thanks / Like
    never a bad review....

It`s my most recommended product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m still confused about Aquawax. So, if I polish my car, is AW durable enough to use as the "wax/sealant" step? Or is it more of a LSP "pick me up type" product?

Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO on "my" red car after about 3 coats it was so shiny that it was beginning to loose the depth of pin. Sourveran. But I still like the 1 or 2 coats.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used DuraGloss since last November...I have used it over sealants and never a stand alone product..these are products I have used it over..and have have great results..

my truck...Klasse twins and Collinite 915 in Nov..Aquawax in april or may

Girlfriends honda..did the whole line the bonding agent the clear coat sealant..Aquawax

yesterday did a 2006 F-250 with 4* UPP on already used AW yesterday after a wash

the AW brought it to a whole new level of gloss on all vehicles...

so I am not going to lie to you and say it is great as a stand alone LSP..as I have not used it that way as of yet..

but if you want to try it that way..I would wash vehicle to ensure no oils or cleaners from polish remain to make a clean surface for AW to bond to with no issues..test it..I would be interested in how it stands up alone...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would reccomend a regular base coat of sealant then top with AW.

Thread Information