I have been posting these reviews at "the other detailing site" (autopia). This is a work in progress and not complete yet. When I posted it on autopia, I forgot to share it with detailcity. However, member crobinso suggested to publish it here also, so you got it. These reviews, in fact, were part of several threads that I will merge here. Enjoy it, and feel free to post feedback.

The origins
Before jumping into the product, I have to mention how I ran into GLARE. I don`t know who else here doesn`t use internet explorer, I know I don`t. My web browser, Opera 7.54 works secure, has tabbed browsing, good compatibility, is the fastest and has the best password manager (WAND) of any browser. However, it has a downside. It is free, but you get a banner with advertisement. You don`t like the banner, you pay for a licence. I like Opera a lot, so I bought a license. My home computer is banner free. I installed Opera also at work, but I was lazy and forgot to bring the license. After browsing autopia and some similar sites the banner displayed advertisement for products and sites related to car detailing. As a curious detailcity resident, I kept clicking on many of them. One of those clicks brought up the site for GLARE with glassplexin.

Having seen so many "miracle products", this one seemed no different than the others. What caught my attention was the fact that it contained more than just the "miracle polish". Furthermore, they just had uploaded information about their new product: "glare spider" which claimed to fill swirl marks permamently. Sounds to good to be true. Several of you know about my search for a good glaze for older paint, and I remember reading about soft99 products that had a semi-permament glaze. I thought this one could be similar. As a good detailer, I performed a search in autopia about glassplexin. The result was not pretty. The community pounded the glare guy badly, who in turn failed to provide concrete evidence. This was a funny situation, as almost no one of the members tried the stuff, and the manufacturer didn`t offer to let people try it.....

While very skepticals, I think most of us know that the most regarded products started from nothing, some of them even with also high claims. However, after being used the good ones picked fame (zaino is a good example) while others faded. My curiosity told me that maybe this, or a different one can be the next preferred sealant, but how to know if we don`t try it. Well, I gave up to the curiosity and decided to e-mail glare. I basically told them that this community is quite picky, so claims without evidence or samples are tough to hold. Perry Stevens, their sales director gladly accepted to provide some samples for evaluation. He was very confident in the product. So this is how it started.