Post Thanks / Like

Facebook money grab

I`m probably late to the party here, but I thought I`d run something by you guys.

I`ve got a facebook page for my side biz that has close to 300 people that "Like" it. I planned on being a little more active with it, so I made just a quick little post this morning of what I`m working on.....the intent being to daily have something to show up on people`s news feed. Well that post never showed up on my own personal feed. Had my wife check hers.....never showed up on hers either. Did some digging and from what I`m finding, facebook just flat out doesn`t let it show up on a vast majority of people`s feed. Of the close to 300 users that like my page, my post has shown up on a grand total of......16 people`s feeds. I found an article by a blogger that has 155,000 people that like their page. They made a post and it reached 400 people. Of course, they`ll let it reach out to more people if you wanna start coughing up advertising money. This has all started to make sense seeing as how I`ve noticed for awhile now that the only posts that ever get much activity are the ones that my wife and I turn around and share on our own personal pages. This is complete garbage. Have you guys noticed this as well? Any ideas on how to get it to actually show up on more newsfeeds of people that already like your page?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Facebook money grab

This is my GF`s fb for her business

https://www.facebook.com/sugarmeskincare

She does the fb ads. Seems to do some good. At least worthwhile.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had the same issue. i have 105 or so followers on my fb page and it says ive only reached 35 people with a post i made? that`s weird

i don`t know how fb works but i can tell you it always tells me my last post is doing X% better than my prev and I can increase that more by coughing up some dough. no thanks

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

A biz only shows up for 1% of its audience. It will show higher if the fan has interacted in on its page. I get every post cold steel and spyderco make for example as I like a lot of their posts and comment from time to time.

You need to put on a marketing cap for a bit to increase your interaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    You need to put on a marketing cap for a bit to increase your interaction.
    Explain this a bit for me. I`m pretty dumb when it comes to this stuff

Post Thanks / Like

The trick with Facebook posts is that you don`t want to use "call to action words". Using words like "discount", "special", "book now", "click here", will cause your business Facebook posts to not be seen in news feeds. This is due to people complaining that there are too many advertisements on Facebook. Trying searching for free webinars for tips on advertising your business on Facebook. Also make sure you are posting on Instagram and twitter.

(that was from jen)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the marketing posts on Facebook make a headline just to make you click it. Dont ask but I liked Country Living Magazine and every one of their posts shows up in my feed as well. Todays post says "The 9 paint color mistakes you should never make", its what we call link bait., except the term was coined when it was a spammy link that people would click on.

So you may want to come up with titles for posts that ask a question or present a problem people want to know the answer to.

Top 10 lists are very good for click bait headlines. "The 10 ways your wash soap is killing your paint" , that will get you clicks if you promote it. " The ten reasons why professional detailers threw their paste wax in the trash", you get the idea.

Ask a question, provide some concern and people will click.

So what happens when people click on your post is the Algorithm in Facebook identifies someone who likes that content and it will increase the % of it showing up in their feed. Facebook doesnt want every article showing up in peoples feed or ill will just be a spam fest and people wont log on. They need people to give the ok to a company or website ect, and the ok is a click or a like or a comment. Increase that and you will increase your viewers.
    Thanks House of Wax thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good info. Thank you
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes JBM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Facebook is a joke.

that being said, post things people WANT to see. Get creative and not make ads. You need to think outside the box and find ways to get more interaction with your posts. It`s not as simple as post it and they will come. If you continue to post things that get poor engagement, Facebook will demote your posts and not make them as visible because people have shown that they don`t care to see it.

work on getting people to actually interact with your posts and you will find them showing up on more news feeds

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the problem though....if they don`t see it pop up on their news feed they can`t react to it

Post Thanks / Like

I ran an ad for facebook for my snow plow company. 5 bucks a day, I drilled down into the demographics. It said we plow your driveway while your still sleeping, and another one that was related to early morning plowing. I received 300 phone calls and emails In 2 months. Part of that was organic rankings with my site, but still, a lot of it was the 5 bucks a day.

If I was a detailer I would make a nice wordpress website and run a constant $5 ad to my site which would have a contact form on every page. Test different messages to different pages, and track the results. People want to spend money, but you have to convey you can A: Do the work to the level they desire B: Show your not a fly by niter C: Trustworthy including insurance, D: Show other people have used your service (reviews on G+, AL, )
    Likes XxBoostinxX, Ronkh, qrwteyrutiyoup liked this post

Thread Information