Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I am considering purchasing a steam extraction machine.

Will I confuse the customers when I charge more for a carpet/upholstery steam extraction. Should I charge 1 price for both types of cleaning technique.

I though of offering steam cleaning carpets with the trianlge towel; cleaning the surface only. But, use the steam extraction would offer a thorough carpet cleaning.

Thanks,

Ken

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    What machine are you considering? I bought the extraction hand piece for my steam vac and it doesnt work well at all. Maybe there is a better technique that would produce better results. For lightly soiled interiors a clean with the triangle attachment is often enough (or pre-spray, scrub with smaller attachment, and then vac). For heavier soiling I find a traditional extractor works far better.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has had good success with a true steam vac/extractor.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    I am considering the Dupray Inox Super

I also have a portable spot cleaner, but I thought the steamer can do the job better and dry faster.

Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    What machine are you considering? I bought the extraction hand piece for my steam vac and it doesnt work well at all. Maybe there is a better technique that would produce better results. For lightly soiled interiors a clean with the triangle attachment is often enough (or pre-spray, scrub with smaller attachment, and then vac). For heavier soiling I find a traditional extractor works far better.

I would be curious to know if anyone else has had good success with a true steam vac/extractor.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would not recommend going with Dupray. Their customer service is terrible and the way they do business is shady. I`d go with a distributor that is actually based in the USA. Have you looked into the Daimer machines?

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dupray and Daimer systems are very similar and both use the technovap technology (I think thats what the call it). I have a Daimer and ordered the Dupray extraction hand piece (the hoses are identical) and found the customer service to be less than great as well. The handpiece looks to be cobbled together from spare parts and works about half as good as you probably think. The steam coming out of the handpiece just does not have enough pressure or volume to deep clean the carpets. If you do decide to go with a steam van I can sell you my hand piece if you want...it`s in really great condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    I would not recommend going with Dupray. Their customer service is terrible and the way they do business is shady. I`d go with a distributor that is actually based in the USA. Have you looked into the Daimer machines?

Thanks for the advise. Rethinking steaming carpets

Maybe will look at the Thermax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rain-on
    I am considering purchasing a steam extraction machine...

IIRC, the steam extraction units worth having cost many thousands of dollars. Would you be able to recoup a big expenditure like that? Just asking because so many people seem to think that just a good (single-function) steamer or a decent extractor alone is really pricey.

The Dupray and Daimer systems are very similar and both use the technovap technology (I think thats what the call it). I have a Daimer and ordered the Dupray extraction hand piece (the hoses are identical)... If you do decide to go with a steam van I can sell you my hand piece if you want...it`s in really great condition.

Is that the unit we`d discussed previously?

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator - the Daimer machine is the one we discussed a couple months ago. Its a $5000 machine that sits in a corner most of the time. I used my VX5000 way more often. A steam cleaner is still great to have, but IMO the extraction feature is not worth the extra $$$$ unless you plan to use it for other businesses (grout cleaning, gum removal, etc). I would rather spend the same money on a good steamer without vac option, and also get a really good hot water extractor.

Post Thanks / Like
    JPostal- OK, copy that, thanks for refreshing my memory.

Yeah, I`m pretty happy with my (less expensive) Daimer steamer and the Century extractor. I just keep thinking that *somebody* should be able to combine the two into something really good. Not that I`m in a hurry to spend my money on it if they do

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the steam vac is a great idea but the steam is sooo dry (5% I think) that it doesnt have the ability to deep clean carpet. If there was an option to adjust the amount of super heated water/steam ratio I could see it working much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the steam vac is a great idea but the steam is sooo dry (5% I think) that it doesnt have the ability to deep clean carpet. If there was an option to adjust the amount of super heated water/steam ratio I could see it working much better.

Perfect for alcantara etc. I was looking at Vapamore Mr-100 and the Mr-50 cheap and seem to work decently.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Vapamore is just a vapor cleaner, not a steam vac. For a vapor cleaner it looks like an ok machine for the price.

Edit - I just saw the MR-50 Steam Vac - Interesting little machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vapor... Steam... Gets the job done looks cool and isn`t an exspensive investment to use a few times a month.

Thread Information