Post Thanks / Like

PA High Gloss and Wulfenite water behavior on dirty car

first off...here`s the no shilling disclaimer: I paid good money for this stuff and here is yet another reason why I don`t miss that money from my bank acount...

car had that nice brown layer of dirt on top and some road film from driving my car to to work (~70mi round trip) every day for a week without a wash. some days the road was slightly wet from overnight dew

hit it with the hose
    just to clarify, this is hose only, not washed with soap yet

hood is zirkon and high gloss, i forget how many layers but at least 4 each since last november or so..high gloss last applied about a week ago

roof is same combo

tried to get max beads..once again this is pre wash

flooded After 2bm wash with super slick and suds

now back to the pre wash rinse water behavior...
    now this is my trunk lid which was not polished anytime recently but was topped with bf black ice and then pa black wulfenite the next day (about a week ago)

and the unpolished drivers side, last week black hole via hand + pa black wulfenite

once again pre wash rinse beads

ok so you may be asking yourself what`s the big deal about pre wash beads.

well after I washed it they were exactly the same and IMHO that`s pretty cool

now I`ll be honest, I can`t attest for any product durability claims but I can tell you the car has some crazy water behavior after a week of driving filth accumulation

I just wanted to share this as this is some of the higher level water behavior I`ve seen from a spray product on clean paint and this paint was not clean, it wasn`t even RW dirty in my opinion, it needed a good soapy mitt for that road film but it was 745 and too overcast to photograph the film

now I`m tempted to polish out the marred drivers side but I kind of want to see how long black hole + black wulfenite lasts on there. those wolfenite beads are no joke either!

-Brandt K.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PA High Gloss and Wulfenite water behavior on dirty car

How are you liking the PA Black Wolfenite?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PA High Gloss and Wulfenite water behavior on dirty car

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How are you liking the PA Black Wolfenite?
    I like it. It goes great on top of black hole.
    It also looks great on top of bf black ice.
    Water behavior is just about the same as any other higher priced PA product I`ve used.
    I`ve read someone say durability is only a few washes so I`m thinking about leaving it on there for a few washes and see if anything changes...but it`s such a nice day today I may end up putting more of it on my car as its sitting all clean in the garage now.

Oh one more thing, they say it increases color saturation and that`s no CG style marketing hype. The only thing I can compare it to is that it reminded me of what would come of taking the endless depth black hole provides and adding the deep warmth nattys black provides and put it into a spray (but lacks the filling of course...and a little bottle of it costs more than both those products together- lol)..but you did ask what I thought of it.

I`ll be buying it again, but in the larger bottle once this 200ml runs dry.

edit: one more thing on the water behavior....The beading is a little tighter of wulfenite compared to high gloss (also zirkon has a little taller beads as well), so possibly a higher contact angle on wulfenite as opposed to high gloss but that may be due to the titanium, I would suppose maybe it`s threshold for water contact angle is a tad lower if that makes any sense, but that`s just a thought.

Brandt K.

Thread Information