Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "It has been under a car cover" - Caution Graphic Content Inside, Pic Heavy

What an amazing turnaround! how much can you charge for a job of this caliber? Seems if I find people with cars that bad they are not interested in cleaning it up and don`t want to pay what it`s worth.
    "I can shine your car if you don`t shine me on" -Mr. $lick
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I trired to make it interesting

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slick View Post
    What an amazing turnaround! how much can you charge for a job of this caliber? Seems if I find people with cars that bad they are not interested in cleaning it up and don`t want to pay what it`s worth.
    Thanks

You can charge whatever they`re willing to pay.

I charged her what I felt was fair. She tipped me 30% on top of that

Win win

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Great save!!!!!!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

512detail:
    Couple of questions/suggestions for you concerning this "extreme" detail of the VW Bug:
    1) What manufacturer and model of steamer do you have that you used on the interior?
    2) When you blew off the hair from the canvas top and brushed it with gloves, what kind of gloves were they? (I am assuming a grippy rubber or latex type, and not a cotton or canvas work glove). Could you have used a shop vacuum to suck up the hair instead??
    3) To remove the PB Natty`s Black Wax, you let it sit for a while. What did you use to remove it, because I am not understanding the chilled part or the abbreviation/acronym of letters at the end of that literal last step.
    4) What exactly is that brown spot on the Driver`s side door sill covering the black warning or information placard? Hard to tell from the photo, because it looks like rust, then an animal head, and then animal fecal material?

I suggest that in the future that if you run into animal hair again that you consider using a pumice stone designed for hair removal, BUT I do think the grippy rubber glove (I use Playtex-brand) and the brushing-and-lifting of the hair by said gloved hand in conjunction with a shop vac works pretty good. Very tedious process though. Not sure if that would have worked on the convertible top, as it looked REALLY scratched/shredded/swirled from the previous attempts by an incompetent "detailer`".

Also, you may what to consider using Permatex`s Spray Nine Multi-Cleaner and Disinfectant for cleaning interiors with animal fecal material or mold present. It`s a good APC with an anti-bacterial disinfectant to start with, BUT your steamer does the same thing, only better and quicker. It works well for spot cleaning. I found mine a Sherwin-Williams paint store , but I see my local home supply store (Menards) is now stocking it.

Thanks for posting ALL the pics of your details. They truly are representative of the axiom "A picture`s worth a thousand words." As I`ve stated before, you are one of my Autopian All-Stars.

Also nice to see your Rupe`s iBred Nano with the long neck in action. Quite an investment, but as you`ve found out, there is a right tool for every job.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    512detail:
    Couple of questions/suggestions for you concerning this "extreme" detail of the VW Bug:
    1) What manufacturer and model of steamer do you have that you used on the interior?
    2) When you blew off the hair from the canvas top and brushed it with gloves, what kind of gloves were they? (I am assuming a grippy rubber or latex type, and not a cotton or canvas work glove). Could you have used a shop vacuum to suck up the hair instead??
    3) To remove the PB Natty`s Black Wax, you let it sit for a while. What did you use to remove it, because I am not understanding the chilled part or the abbreviation/acronym of letters at the end of that literal last step.
    4) What exactly is that brown spot on the Driver`s side door sill covering the black warning or information placard? Hard to tell from the photo, because it looks like rust, then an animal head, and then animal fecal material?

I suggest that in the future that if you run into animal hair again that you consider using a pumice stone designed for hair removal, BUT I do think the grippy rubber glove (I use Playtex-brand) and the brushing-and-lifting of the hair by said gloved hand in conjunction with a shop vac works pretty good. Very tedious process though. Not sure if that would have worked on the convertible top, as it looked REALLY scratched/shredded/swirled from the previous attempts by an incompetent "detailer`".

Also, you may what to consider using Permatex`s Spray Nine Multi-Cleaner and Disinfectant for cleaning interiors with animal fecal material or mold present. It`s a good APC with an anti-bacterial disinfectant to start with, BUT your steamer does the same thing, only better and quicker. It works well for spot cleaning. I found mine a Sherwin-Williams paint store , but I see my local home supply store (Menards) is now stocking it.

Thanks for posting ALL the pics of your details. They truly are representative of the axiom "A picture`s worth a thousand words." As I`ve stated before, you are one of my Autopian All-Stars.

Also nice to see your Rupe`s iBred Nano with the long neck in action. Quite an investment, but as you`ve found out, there is a right tool for every job.

McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System

those thick nitrilite or similar type gloves from lowes, (smooth and slick when they`re new but these were a little worn) they`re like $5 a pair...I started with the thin blue nitrilite gloves but they kept tearing from the heat/friction of agitating the top.

I have a couple pumice stones but due to the condition of the top I was afraid to use it. The air actually worked quite well coupled with agitating the surface. I was actually kind of surprised. It was just a `hey let`s give this a shot first` kind of thing.

step 1- place poorboys spray and gloss in the fridge
    step 2- put a layer of poorboys black hole on the paint
    (do not remove it)
    step 3- apply a nice layer of poorboys nattys black
    (do not remove it)
    step 4- apply the (now) chilled poorboys Spray and Gloss to the double layer you have created and wipe it off
    most likely will need two or three micros (preferably a darker shade in color)

I don`t know what its called...but it was like a dirt hive/home for these long bugs. kind of similar to what ive seen mud dobbers make but this was with nice bright brown dirt bugs were about half the size of a cigarette (that`s the only reference I could think of at the time).

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The pumice stone would be too coarse to use on a cloth top..
    It does work wonders on most carpets though..
    Also those rubber long bristle brushes work great too.
    I have to use all these tools on hair infested vehicles many times - along with a lot of deep vacuuming with my killer Metrovac...

If had that dead beetle I would have washed as much off and then while it was still wet from rinsing, use my stainless steel upholstery/carpet tool and rinse and extract the top again.. This always gets everything out of the cloth fibers and leaves it perfectly ready for some good spray conditioner to restore the color and water shedding ability..

Im still in awe of that save, Brandt !!
    Dan F
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Beautiful result...OUTSTANDING!

Post Thanks / Like

OH NO !! I could smell it from here

We`ll have to change your name to MagicMan ! Just amazing

Post Thanks / Like

You made that Beetle look fantastic, it looked like it was smiling it was so happy! Went from beyond filthy to "wow" in just a few hours.

Really well done, fantastic job!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLebRoy View Post
    You made that Beetle look fantastic, it looked like it was smiling it was so happy! Went from beyond filthy to show car in just a few hours? You are very talented.

Really well done, fantastic job!
    Thanks.
    Show car,no. Presentable, yes

Talented, meh
    Just a young hack with fancy tools, products and great advice

Brandt K.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Talented, meh
    Just a young hack with fancy tools, products and great advice
    Fancy tools, Yes. Hack, NO WAY!!
    Like I`ve said in other posts of your work, you are truly an Autopian All-Star.

Oh, yes, "Thanks" for taking the time to answer ALL my inquisitive questions in the above #36 post in detail (no pun intended!). That Poorboy`s World Black Hole/Black Wax/spray and Gloss application and removal methodology seems to work for you, as the results pictured speak for themselves.
    GB detailer
    Thanks 512detail thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

... and great advice
    one of the great perks about Autopia!

LOL at the young hack with fancy tools. I`m a not-so-young hack, AND i don`t have fancy tools. But I make my Porter Cable dance like no other (i`m kidding, my PC doesn`t dance)
    Likes 512detail, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    one of the great perks about Autopia!

LOL at the young hack with fancy tools. I`m a not-so-young hack, AND i don`t have fancy tools. But I make my Porter Cable dance like no other (i`m kidding, my PC doesn`t dance)
    Ron calls it a jiggly machine or something, haha (the PC)

What I`m worried about is your scarface persona with that PE8, lol

Brandt K.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ron calls it a jiggly machine or something, haha (the PC)

What I`m worried about is your scarface persona with that PE8, lol

Ohhhhh that`s right, he does! That always makes me laugh.

You`re talking about Scarface, and I was about to quote Jack Nicholsan`s Joker. Weird.

Okay, so it`s hacking, a little bit at a time? Or hacking on a smaller scale? hehe. "Wait til they get a load of me" - Joker

Annnnnnd. I would ask the question about you, but I already know the answer! (Autopia)

Likes 512detail, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information