Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few recently with the Kamakaze collection

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I love what Mike has done with those lights too !!! If you can get your Builder to let you do it, or if they will do it for you, see about getting enough electrical on breakers for the garage only, in the panel.. You might need to get a big 200amp panel and if so, SquareD makes a really nice one.. Its long but it holds a lot of breakers which is what you want.. I have always had as many 20amp separate Breakers as I can get in the garage so I never have to worry about tripping a breaker in the house... And if you have need for a 240volt circuit in the garage for a big compressor, its way easy to have that wired in when the house is in frame... Make sure they use only 12awg wiring for all the regular plugs for garage stuff and you will be way safer there too.. SquareD also makes a nice set of Breakers that can be set up on the top right after the 200 amp service breaker that will trip when you lose power and allow you to plug in your big 66.6amp or bigger generator, to a big Nema plug wired to That breaker, so it can run the entire panel and you don`t have to monkey around with a separate panel for power outages... This breaker when activated by you in the Panel, locks out the Electrical Provider, so you dont BackFeed power to them, while they are working somewhere on the problem... I had that at my last big house in WA and it saved us every winter when the power went out because of big snow falling on big 100foot+ trees and the trees falling down on power lines knocking out neighborhoods sometimes for almost 2 weeks.. My house was the only one with lights, heat, and all the good things during those blackouts and a lot of my neighbors would come over to get ready for work or just get warm... Oh I had to fuel the generator (that I installed in a 7 x 5 Shed with venting), so I had an extra 12 gallons of gas just for those needs... Good luck with your home project - Dan F

Thanks for the elaborate post Dan - my father-in-law has his own electrical business and I am having the builder wire the garage with 240v 50a for my compressor and I will run multiple 110v outlets off of that. I`m not afraid of pulling wire to save myself hundreds of dollars.

Also, a generator is on my list of things to purchase - but we don`t lose power very often here in my part of Colorado, so it isn`t very high on the priority list.

Thanks again Dan!

Post Thanks / Like

that is one sweet garage setup. and the gloss is insane.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    gloss on that benz on the first picture is insane.

ive always had better luck with imgur to upload my pictures, they even have copy and paste links for forum
    Not just any Benz, but the McLaren! The work that went into that car is amazing. It was way before its time.

Amazing work as always Mike!

The blue Porsche is stunning! I am a sucker for ANYTHING Porsche and especially the new ones! The body lines are just gorgeous. Can not wait to detail my first Porsche!

Quick question... Ever have trouble with your Liftmaster Jack Shaft spooling cables? Was it intended for a lift being installed at some point?

Also like how you mounted your eye beams above the torsion springs! Lol
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, the only problem I had with the door was a broken spring. The opener has been flawless for 6 years and that door goes up a lot! The idea was for a lift . The eye berms were osha approved but since I wash inside they didn`t like that.
    Likes donbeezy, XxBoostinxX, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I give up on the pictures!
    Like Batman in his Batcave
    Awesome !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information