Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi A6 - Corrected and Coated - CarPro Essence - CQuartz UK - Attention to Detailing Peoria

​This vehicle was brought to us for some deep cleaning and paint correction to restore some gloss and shine in the paint. After many, many hours reviving the paint, the vehicle was coated in our standard ceramic coating for added protection. In the end, the vehicle turned out great. The paint is now deep and dark with clear and vibrant reflections. A true example of how great black vehicle can look!

Process
    Tires: Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner & Tire Brush
    Wheels: P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner & Various Brushes
    Foam Soak: Citrus Wash
    Wash: Citrus Wash
    Chemical Decontamination: IronX and Tarminator
    Mechanical Decontamination: Medium Speedy Prep Towel with Glide for Lubrication
    Wash: Citrus Wash
    Tape: CarPro 1" Tape
    Paint Thickness Measurements: Defelsko Combo Gauge
    Paint Correction: Griot`s Garage Fast Correction Creme on MF pads via GG21, GG 3rd Gen DA, and Rupes LHR75e
    Polishing & Coating Prep: CarPro Essence on Yellow Griot`s Perfecting Pads via GG21, GG 3rd Gen DA, and Rupes LHR75e
    Paint Protection: CarPro CQuartz UK (1 coat, baked with IR lamps)
    Wheel Protection: CarPro HydrO2
    Glass: Meguiar`s D120
    Exhaust: CG Metal Polish with #0000 Steel Wood and MF towel
    Tires: CarPro PERL (2 coats, neat)

​The wheels were incredibly dirty and coated with brake dust

The engine was lightly dirty

As always, we begin by cleaning the tires. Dirt and grime is removed and rinsed away

​We continue to the process until the tire cleaner remains white indicating the rubber is clean

​The wheels are then soaked with a pH neutral cleaner

​Wheels are thoroughly scrubbed to remove dirt and grime

​The vehicle is then soaked with a heavy layer of shampoo to begin the cleaning process. The vehicle is then thoroughly washed and decontaminated.

​Once the paint was clean, we began the paint correction process.

Before Correction

After Compounding

Before Correction

After Compounding

After Finish Polishing

50/50 showing the increased color and clarity after final polishing

Before Correction

After Compounding

50/50 During Compounding

Before Correction

After Compounding

After Polishing

50/50 Showing increase in color and clarity while polishing

We interrupt this thread to share a few quick thoughts on Essence.

When doing a 2 step correction, it seems like Essence is going to be a no brainer. It worked great as a final polishing step to easily clean up haze left by the cutting process. It behaved just like Reflect. If you have used Reflect, you know there is a bit of technique involved, but once you know how to work the product it is insanely easy. Wipe off is a breeze, too. A few passes with a clean microfiber towel and no more residue. It is not sticky, or hard to wipe either... it was a real pleasure to use!

I also did some testing using Essence on a MF pad to increase cut, and I was pleasantly surprised at the defect removal and clarity. Will have to do more testing on various paints, but I`m hopeful this product will become a very regular part of our services for coated vehicles.

Now back to the Show N Shine

Working hard, removing defects from the side skirts

Incredible gloss after correction

The paint was then protected with a ceramic paint coating that was then baked onto the paint

Exhaust before polishing

Exhaust after polishing

​The paint looked great once completed. Deep, clear reflections.

​The following morning, the engine was dressed and interior received a light cleaning

​The paint looked great in the sun.

​Nothing better than glossy black paint!

As always, thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave comments and/or questions below.

-Zach

Retired Professional Detailer
    Likes Mp0wer, Migue, Marc08EX, Stokdgs, The Guz and 4 others liked this post
    Thanks The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audi A6 - Corrected and Coated - CarPro Essence - CQuartz UK - Attention to Detailing Peoria

Can you please detail the use of essence & reflect?

BEAUTIFUL work
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes zmcgovern45 liked this post
    Thanks pwaug thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Audi A6 - Corrected and Coated - CarPro Essence - CQuartz UK - Attention to Detailing Peoria

Very nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work as always Zach!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Zach, so the left side is just fast correcting creme and right side is fast correcting creme then polished with essence?

2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    Hey Zach, so the left side is just fast correcting creme and right side is fast correcting creme then polished with essence?

Correct...

<<-- Just Fast Correcting Creme on MF cutting Pad | FCC on MF cutting pad first, then refined with Essence on Perfecting Pad -->>

Thanks Mp0wer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    Correct...

<<-- Just Fast Correcting Creme on MF cutting Pad | FCC on MF cutting pad first, then refined with Essence on Perfecting Pad -->>
    Wow great job, essence really made the paint pop...thanks
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Can you please detail the use of essence & reflect?
    The way I have been taught to use Reflect (for fine polishing), which I then applied to the use of Essence since it uses the same abrasives found in Reflect, is as follows...

- Do not prime your pad
    - Use 2 small dots of product (perhaps 3-4 small dots on first pass with clean pad)
    - Spread product quickly onto working area at machine speed 1
    - Begin your first pass at a moderate speed (say around 4 on BOSS or Bigfoot) with medium pressure
    - Make 2 slow passes at this moderate speed with moderate pressure (ie up & down, then left to right)
    - Make 1 final pass at a slower speed (2.5-3) with no pressure
    - Wipe residue away (there should be very little since so little product was used to begin with)
    - Clean pad & repeat on next section

I feel like the products work best on a bit firmer foam like Rupes Yellow or White pads, but it also proved to work very well on the Griot`s Perfecting Pad despite it being softer... so what do I know

For more cut, it can be used with a MF pad and you would prime the pad first, but then still use just a small amount of working product for each section.

Hope that helps.

Likes Mp0wer, donbeezy, Ronkh, The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Mp0wer, BSkip333, Ronkh, The Guz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you !
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Audi A6 - Corrected and Coated - CarPro Essence - CQuartz UK - Attention to D...

Nice job Zach. Way to bring those exhaust tips back from the grave.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice job. Looks like Essence is a keeper. I`m going to try it with some Meg`s Microfibers to see what level of cut I can get.
    Last edited by rlmccarty2000; 11-17-2015 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Misspellings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Very nice job. Looks like Essence is a keeper. I`m going to try it with some Meg`s Microfibers to see what level of cut I can get.
    Thanks.... I`ll have a more thorough review posted on Detailed Image Ask-A-Pro Blog when they release the product, and I have a picture in which I used Essence on a MF cutting pad on this very vehicle. I was quite impressed with the defect removal in this instance... and it finished down really, really well too.

Likes RaskyR1, jsou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Zach,

Nice to see a pro still using CQUK. I struggled with it at first but had a few breakthroughs last night. I discovered several tricks and the application started going much better. It isn`t really as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Great work!

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    Zach,

Nice to see a pro still using CQUK. I struggled with it at first but had a few breakthroughs last night. I discovered several tricks and the application started going much better. It isn`t really as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Great work!

- Patrick
    Thanks, Patrick. In all honesty, I don`t prefer UK. We traditionally use 22ple VX3 for our standard coating services, but for the sake of compatibility, I wanted to use a CQuartz product with Essence until I have time to fully test other coatings on top of it.

Post Thanks / Like

OUTSTANDING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information