Post Thanks / Like

New MD Ceramic 360 - Thoughts and impressions

For the last few months I have been beta testing the new MD Ceramic 360 three year coating from Micro Detailer. I have put it on several vehicles thus far, and every one has turned out flawless. The coating is very easy to apply, looks great, and has great hydrophobic properties. Like any new to the market coating, I of course do not know if the durability will match the claims, but I do know for a fact that chemically it is very similar if not superior to many top coatings on the market.

Any way, on to some pics! Here is a couple of the vehicles I have coated thus far. This coating is not designed for glass, but will work on paint, trim, and all forms of metal. It actually darkens and restores trim very nicely, which surprised me at first.

This is a 2015 Honda Odyssey

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized %1%2.

Next is a BMW 325 Ci, over a decade old. I did a one step polish with HD Adapt which removed about 85% of the paint defects, but it was not a full correction. For prep for this coating I personally use a homemade paint cleaner with water, IPA, 1/4 oz. of ONR, and 1/4 oz. of Megs glass cleaner concentrate. Micro Detailer recommends a 15% IPA solution or Eraser, but my combo has not given me any problems.

A section curing. I apply it with a micro suede cloth over a Carpro applicator block. It needs to cure 1-3 minutes on each section, I just use a short nap 380 GSM micro fiber towel and it removes easily.

Used a dropper and spelled it MD 360 to shot the hydrophobic abilities. Again, I have no way of testing the long term durability, but it seems to work excellent after initial tests.

Completed pics

I`ve also taken a few quick videos to showcase application and the hydrophobic abilities, feel free to check them out if desired:

Hydrophobic testing:

https://youtu.be/6Gh80K9HwvA

Application:

https://youtu.be/iFwYwmEBOYo

Thanks for looking! I believe Micro Detailer will be doing a special pre release of this product some time next week.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Likes GearHead_1, rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New MD Ceramic 360 - Thoughts and impressions

Cool Mark in for long term results!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting

keep updating please
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Will do. I see both of these vehicles very regularly, so it should be fairly easy to check up on durability.
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

One of my clients paid 1500.00 dollars to do her Audi. She wanted my opinion. Two months later wanted help with severe water spotting. I told her to bring it back to the place she had it done. For 1500.00 she could have had details all year long. The car was indeed spotting from an acidic water source, I would guess. Anyway....1500.00 dollars???? Where do people find these clients. I could use a dozen or so. I see some crazy stuff going on out here. What people will spend for BLING!! But 1500.00 a bit out of my league. 42 years out here, and still as crazy as ever. Shine Since 1969!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This coating is supposed to be bullet-proof. Why did it water etch??? Case closed. The point is, there is NO escaping the act of correction and rejuvenation to keep up with the vehicle. Spending oodles to avoid required maintenance is a joke. There are no skipping steps to having a "drop dead" gorgeous finish. The time and commitment simply show in the finish. My specialty has been Black for forever. I use no fillers and no maskers. Never will.

Post Thanks / Like

I already know what the durability is. But we are on a forum so I must behave. The criminal part is, selling a product with claims that are simply well, false. Permanent protection with no maintenance? I have a bridge I can sell you. Cheap! Just angers me because, I wont sell these products, and I have turned down countless marketing people trying to sell me. Folks there are ZERO shortcuts to a great exterior "correction and detail". There never will be. That is why when you Search: "Auto Polishing" I come up in the first three. Blessed be God!

Post Thanks / Like

Did some posts get deleted or something? I`m seeing three in a row by Paintxpert that are making no sense at all.

Anyway, it`ll be a while before I try a coating but...

Any shots on the trim darkening you were referring to?
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like an interesting product Mark.. Definitely interested in durability.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Thread Information