Post Thanks / Like

`08 Heavily oxidized white corolla, SS Paint.

This vehicle arrived looking like it had not been washed/cleaned in almost a year or more...caked dust on the interior surfaces and all kinds of staining,mold and junk on the exterior paint. Paint was 100% flat, no shine whatsoever. Had to split the detail into 2 sessions : 1st one (about 5hrs) was to do a thorough interior detail, exterior thorough wash and decontamination to prep for the next session(paint polishing). Interior:

-Thorough vaccum
    -Seats were lightly shampooed
    -All interior cloth was steamed cleaned
    -Interior plastics wiped down with Megs APC 10:1
    -Fabric protected with 303 fabric protector
    -Hard surfaces protected with 303 Aerospace

Exterior:

-Door jambs cleaned with APC 10:1 and various brushes
    -Tires and Wheel Wells cleaned with various brushes and APC
    -Washed with Megs car Soap
    -Rinsed, then Ferrex Sparyed on paint to start decontamination process, let it dwell for a couple of minutes
    -Thorough rinse
    -Nanoskin Red(aggressive) scrub pad was used with the wash soap as lube(didn`t use glide since the paint was in such bad condition,what harm could i have possibly caused?), spent a lot of time on the hood and roof due to all the heavy embedded contaminants that sat there for so long,my nanoskin pad/sponge looked pretty beat after i was done.

Car was dried,tires dressed and sent Home until the next weekend to finish the work.

I tried a test spot using a LC CCS White Pad with HD Speed on the Flex 3401 with pretty decent results, but the remaining stains on the paint needed something a bit more aggressive so i stepped it up to a LC CCS Orange light cutting pad and the HD Speed. I wanted to see how Speed would handle this job and i was very impressed and please. Note that the objective was NOT to do any paint correction, but to bring back and rejuvenate the white clean color of the car,clean the paint and get rid of all the oxidation. the Orange pad finished up pretty well on this paint without any micromarring and it did great at giving the car some shine once again.

Head lights were treated with M105 on a 4" Orange LC CCS Pad on the PC, followed by M205 on a white pad.

Even with the heat at 95 + degrees, i was able to work around the car(indoors) while leaving the product on it to haze, and it all came off so effortlessly in the end.

You will see in some of the final shots that there are defects and RIDS on the paint, but once again the owner of the car was ok with this since she just wanted her car to be shiny and white once again. Pictures below, enjoy!

Final product :

Exterior upon arrival:

TEST SPOT:

Ferrex in action:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: `08 Heavily oxidized white corolla, SS Paint.

Door before/after:

Sorry i did not have the sun for this one:
    Car 3..jpg

Thanks for watching!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs, Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. My co worker has this same type of corolla and it`s in the same shape as this one. His headlights are worse.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Nice job. My co worker has this same type of corolla and it`s in the same shape as this one. His headlights are worse.
    thank you , these cleaned up surprisingly well , M105/205 Combo did wonders with them . The owner seriously felt like she had a brand new car, that`s how bad this car was before i worked on it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. Turned out excellent
    Thanks Migue thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Migue,
    Wow - what a turn around !!!
    The pic of the dirty and clean seat was amazing !

I loved the driver door jamb shot - she closed the door on the seat belt latch at least 17 times !

Was in San Antonio a few months ago for about 4 months, and yeah it did rain alot then, but before the rain, everyone`s car looked like this one before you Detailed it..
    Harsh weather in Texas makes everyone`s car look bad unless you stay on it and get it Detailed regularly..

Congratulations on a great job ! It IS a different car !!!!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Wow !!!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work there, my wife had a 03 Toyota Matix and it was SS white also....what a pain it was all those yrs taking care of it.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Migue,
    Wow - what a turn around !!!
    The pic of the dirty and clean seat was amazing !

I loved the driver door jamb shot - she closed the door on the seat belt latch at least 17 times !

Was in San Antonio a few months ago for about 4 months, and yeah it did rain alot then, but before the rain, everyone`s car looked like this one before you Detailed it..
    Harsh weather in Texas makes everyone`s car look bad unless you stay on it and get it Detailed regularly..

Congratulations on a great job ! It IS a different car !!!!
    Dan F
    Thanks! and good call on that seat belt comment haha, it`s probably a lot more than that! There`s always something with the harsh random weather down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pirate View Post
    Great work there, my wife had a 03 Toyota Matix and it was SS white also....what a pain it was all those yrs taking care of it.
    Thank you and yes this SS white is a pain to take care of, they stain so easily(i have to wash my 98 corolla every week or so). Only one week had gone by after i did the trunk`s test spot...and it already had a stain that the wash did not remove!!! I told her to bring it back to me in a few weeks so that i can wash it and apply a sealant on it, hopefully that`ll help otherwise this thing will be back to flat paint in the next couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Wow !!!
    I know, i was in "wow" mode the whole time i was washing and decontaminating this thing, i really felt bad for my Nanoskin pad and i could not believe how neglected this paint was. There is pitting all over it, it really needs to be hit with M105/205 but it would be a wasted effort because i know it won`t be maintained too well.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if it was in my Shop, I would be using Optimum Hyper Polish on it with a L/C Cyan color Hydro-Shred in the 5" size, enough moisture to keep it all working and then gradually easing off the pressure to final polish it all up..
    Hyper Polish keeps working until you stop, so its great for cleaning up some paintwork quickly and leaving a really nice clarity and gloss..
    Good luck on the on-going maintenance..
    I know, in Texas, there is always another type of dang pollen, sap, and plenty of just enough rain to keep everything dirty until the next wash..
    At least you guys are out of your drought..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I think if it was in my Shop, I would be using Optimum Hyper Polish on it with a L/C Cyan color Hydro-Shred in the 5" size, enough moisture to keep it all working and then gradually easing off the pressure to final polish it all up..
    Hyper Polish keeps working until you stop, so its great for cleaning up some paintwork quickly and leaving a really nice clarity and gloss..
    Good luck on the on-going maintenance..
    I know, in Texas, there is always another type of dang pollen, sap, and plenty of just enough rain to keep everything dirty until the next wash..
    At least you guys are out of your drought..
    Dan F
    Thanks i will need the luck on the Maintenance.That seems a bit similar to what I did with the HD Speed:1-2passes with heavy pressure at speed 6 on the Flex3401, 2 passes at speed 5 with light pressure and finished up with 1-2 passes with just the weight of the machine to polish it up and the product was STILL wet and going with zero dusting, I was very happy with how "Speed" behaved on this paint, I had recently started trying it out and it is now a must in my product shelf. I will start looking into Menzerna or Optimum products for Polish only now that I`ve found an AIO I`m very happy with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Thanks i will need the luck on the Maintenance.That seems a bit similar to what I did with the HD Speed:1-2passes with heavy pressure at speed 6 on the Flex3401, 2 passes at speed 5 with light pressure and finished up with 1-2 passes with just the weight of the machine to polish it up and the product was STILL wet and going with zero dusting, I was very happy with how "Speed" behaved on this paint, I had recently started trying it out and it is now a must in my product shelf. I will start looking into Menzerna or Optimum products for Polish only now that I`ve found an AIO I`m very happy with.
    Mique -
    Looks like you have it totally dialed in with your product on this car and what you say happened when you used it is how it should always be to get the most out of the machine, pad, and product..

Menzerna is great for some finishes especially all German car paint, since its made in Germany, and some products were specifically developed for Mercedes, for example...

Optimum Hyper Polish has always been an easy to use, and a friendly polish that can do some great correction on certain paintwork and defects.. It`s a Polish though and not a full fledged compound although on certain types of paint, it can act like one..

As you are learning, every product out there can be used more fully than it is advertised to be if you are willing to take the time to study it, change something, and see how it acts then..

Yes, this does require extra time and effort, and you have to decide if this is worth it to you or not..

Looks like you are on your way, mi Amigo !
    Dan F
    Likes Migue liked this post
    Thanks Migue thanked for this post

Thread Information