Post Thanks / Like

Black Blown Beast corrected coated PBL V2

Had another 5th gen come in for a correction and a coating of PBL V2. This car is well kept and really doesn`t get driven much. Only has 6k miles and is a 2010!!! On top of that the owner has gone thru and added some nice goodies.

Washed with Blackfire carwash soap
    Wheels were cleaned with soapy water and a shot of iron-x
    Tires cleaned with Tuffshine tire cleaner
    Paint decon with DP clay bar as there was overspray over the entire car
    Compounded with Pinnacle advanced compound via Makita rotary/Flex PE8 and orange CCS pad/Flex orange cutting pad
    Polishing was done with Pinnacle advanced finishing polish and 3401 with black ccs pad
    coating prep was hand done with Blackfire coating prep spray and DP coating prep polish(Hood, will get to this later on)
    Wheels were sealed with Hydro2
    Paint coated with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint coating V2
    Tires dressed with Blackfire total eclipse tire dressing
    Exhaust cleaned with Mothers mag aluminum polish

Upon arrival

Overall the car wasn`t too terrible and corrected very nicely with the products used.

Before

After correction

I did run into a big issue with the aftermarket hoods paint. It was the softest I have ever seen! So soft that they only way not to mar the paint while wiping polish off was to use a waffle weave drying towel dampened with Blackfire waterless wash. This work great but when it came time to prep the hood for the coating I used the Blackfire coating prep spray with a brand new Supreme 530 microfiber. Boy was that a mistake! The result was severe marring as seen in the photo below.

At this point I wasn`t sure on what I should use. After bouncing ideas back and fourth with Robert DiTerlizzi I ended up using DP surface prep polish with a black finishing pad and used a clean waffle weave towel soaked with water to wipe it off. Although it worked I still got some very very light marring but had to call it good at that point.

After all of this the car was ready to be coated and the coating went on great and gave a nice glassy look to this black car. I did have some high spots after curing but those were remedied with the DP surface cleansing polish. Onto the finished pics.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Blown Beast corrected coated PBL V2

Great work !!!!!

How do you like v2 ?

How was it to work with in FL summer heat?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Great work !!!!!

How do you like v2 ?

How was it to work with in FL summer heat?
    Gives the same look as v1. In this humidity it does flash quickly so you must work in small sections. High spots are leveled easily. Durability is still being tested at this point

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Gives the same look as v1. In this humidity it does flash quickly so you must work in small sections. High spots are leveled easily. Durability is still being tested at this point

Cool. Thanks. I`ve been sorta worried about doing and kind of coating with this heat an humidity.
    Was thinking about trying pns the other day on red vette but chickened out last minute.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Cool. Thanks. I`ve been sorta worried about doing and kind of coating with this heat an humidity.
    Was thinking about trying pns the other day on red vette but chickened out last minute.
    I hear ya! Just need to be mindful. I also like to wear rubber gloves so my sweaty hands don`t touch the microfiber rag. I did get a few high spots after curing but gently leveled them with some DP coating prep polish.

Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Great looking car! I never have been a huge fan of the new Camaro`s, but if done right they can definitely look good. Not sure if I like the hood or not though? I guess it is suppose to be like a ZR1 hood?
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Looks very nice. Thanks for remembering to include the obligatory but often forgotten engine shots.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Nice work! Great looking car! I never have been a huge fan of the new Camaro`s, but if done right they can definitely look good. Not sure if I like the hood or not though? I guess it is suppose to be like a ZR1 hood?
    That`s kinda how I feel. When I see one done nice I love them. Others are so so. This one is definitely near the top of my list. I think the hood goes nicely with the polished supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Looks very nice. Thanks for remembering to include the obligatory but often forgotten engine shots.
    Thanks! Almost forgot about that!!!

Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Thread Information