Post Thanks / Like

Envious Detailing: Lamborghini with Cquartz Finest

Lamborghini Murcielago
    Full Car Clear bra with Cquartz Finest coating

Round about story here, but this client came about because I was looking for a car to demo at a car show. We had scheduled his car to be dropped off for a full correction. Well, when the car came to the shop, it was very evident that the only thing possible to do on his car was a complete sanding and correction, which would have ran the workload up over 50 hours, and would not be done as a courtesy for letting me use his car (was planning on just a 6 to 8 hour job). Not wanting to get into that much work, we elected to pass on the detail altogether, and go our separate ways.

After the gentleman left, I was a little uneasy having him just pick up the car and leaving after he spent the time to drive it to my place, drop it off, and pick it up. So, I reached out to him and offered to apply a coating to his car for his trouble. He had never heard of the coating products, so we took his Lamborghini to the next level in terms of easy car care and maximum protection.

After cleaning the car and giving it a proper wipedown, I applied Cquartz Finest to the entire paintwork/clearbra. While the clear bra protects the paint from rock chips and debris hits, the coating will protect the clear bra from environmental elements and everyday use making the future washings easier and simpler.

Here are the pictures of this beautiful machine!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Envious Detailing: Lamborghini with Cquartz Finest

I`m missing something. Car needed so much correction that it was too much and the owner opted out, but you wanted to seal all that in with a coating?

I mean the car looks nice, but the logic escapes me?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m also a little unclear on that. So you were unwilling to do the 50 hours of correction to get it to your standards for free, but you were willing to coat the car with Finest to lock in the damage you didn`t want to touch in the first place?

Won`t that look bad as a Finest dealer?
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`d like to see the damage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    I`m also a little unclear on that. So you were unwilling to do the 50 hours of correction to get it to your standards for free, but you were willing to coat the car with Finest to lock in the damage you didn`t want to touch in the first place?

Won`t that look bad as a Finest dealer?

Mebbe he wants out of CQ.

They have taken licenses away for "not enough correction" if I recall correctly
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a call from Corey asking about this thread....It appears I need some explanation here, lol

The owner of this car also owns a 6 series bmw. That was the car that was beyond repair with any sort of correction

I needed a car for a car show and had one lined up. well, with a last minute cancellation after the car I had lined up for the show was given to another company instead of to me, I was without a car for the show. I called up a couple clients and asked if anyone had a nice car that needed some work which I would do for free. My plan, since it was so last minute (literally 3pm the evening before), was to split half the hood, take it to the show, then bring it back to the shop after the show and do a full three step on the rest of the car for free. The owner dropped the car off and said it would be perfect candidate for the job since it had waterspots and swirls all over the car, and it was black. I looked things over, and said to him "wow, this is going to be one good turn around"

I brought the car into the shop to let it cool down
    I then proceeded to wash and clay the car as normal. Claying didnt even touch the waterspotting that was literally all over the car, not one spot missed!
    I pulled out multiple grades of pads and compounds to try and get the paint corrected...nothing worked. M105 and surbuf hardly put a dent in it after 3 rounds.
    I even tried 3000 grit wetsanding and that wasnt working either, so I brought out the 2000. While that worked to get about 80% out, it would turn the process into a 60 hour job, not something within the scope of the deal.

I then called the owner and expressed my concern for the integrity of the paint/clearcoat and we discussed what it would take to get it better. I told him anything short of wetsanding would be a waste of time as the etching was pretty deep. He said ok, I understand, lets just not detail it, lets talk about wrapping it in the next few months! So he came by the next morning and picked up the car after it was washed, but not detailed and I did not have a car for the show in the end.

The following monday, I called him up and offered to coat his lambo to show my appreciation for him taking the time out of his busy day to try and get me a car to use for the show even though we were unable to use it. It ended up being a waste of his time, or so he thought. Once I had applied the coating on the lambo, he was blown away by the dramatic difference it made to the look of the car, and offered to let me get some photos of it for some good after shots. (not that Im a pro photog or anything, I wish I was). He did follow up with how easy it is to wash now as well as looking great all the time! Much more gloss and depth, even on clear bra!

So that`s the story behind this car getting coated. The whole car had a 2 month old clear bra on the entire thing, and had only been driven a handful of times since it was applied. It was still fresh and clean, so I washed it, prepped it, and applied Finest to the clear bra just as I recommend all my clients have done when we apply a clear bra to their cars!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    They have taken licenses away for "not enough correction" if I recall correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
    Just got a call from Corey asking about this thread....It appears I need some explanation here, lol

The owner of this car also owns a 6 series.
    Upon last minute after the car I had lined up for the show was given to another company instead as a free set of wheels was donated for it, I was without a car. I called up a couple clients and asked if anyone had a nice car that needed some work which I would do for free. my plan, since it was so last minute (literally 3pm the evening before), was to split half the hood, take it to the show, then bring it back to the shop after the show and do a full three step on the rest of the car for free. The owner dropped the car off and said it would be perfect candidate for the job since it had waterspots and swirls all over the car. I looked things over, and said to him "wow, this is going to be one good turn around"

I brought the car into the shop to let it cool down
    I then proceeded to wash and clay the car as normal. Claying didnt even touch the waterspotting that was literally all over the car, not one spot missed!
    I pulled out multiple grades of pads and compound to try and get the paint corrected...nothing worked. M105 and surbuf hardly put a dent in it after 3 passes.
    I even tried 3000 grit wetsanding and that wasnt working either, so I brought out the 2000. While that worked, it would turn the process into a 60 hour job, not something within the scope of the deal.

I then called the owner and expressed my concern for the integrity of the paint and we discussed what it would take to get it better. I told him anything short of wetsanding would be a waste of time as the etching was pretty deep. He said ok, I understand, lets just not detail it, lets talk about wrapping it in the next few months! So he came by the next morning and picked up the car washed, but not detailed and I did not have a car for the show in the end.

The following monday, I called him up and offered to coat his lambo to show my appreciation for him taking the time out of his busy day to try and get me a car to use for the show even though we were unable to use it. It ended up being a waste of his time, or so he thought. Once I had applied the coating on the lambo, he was blown away by the dramatic difference it made to the look of the car, and offered to allow me to photo it for some good after shots. (not that Im a pro photog or anything, I wish I was). he did follow up with how easy it is to wash now as well as looking great all the time! Much more gloss and depth, even on clear bra!

So that`s the story behind this car getting coated. The whole car had a 2 month old clear bra on the entire thing, and had only been driven a handful of times since it was applied. It was still fresh and clean, so I washed it, prepped it, and applied Finest to the clear bra just as I recommend all my clients have done when we apply a clear bra to their cars!
    So selective enforcement is acceptable. Got it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

how is that selective enforcement??? I know what it takes to apply Finest, and I did it...where are you going with your comment?

Post Thanks / Like

how is that selective enforcement??? I know what it takes to apply Finest, and I did it...where are you going with your comment?
    Not sure where he`s going with that either, but it looks like you did great work. Most importantly you made the smart decision for the customer to not take so much clear off his bmw and offered an alternative service that matched his needs. Sounds like a win win all around, so great job! It`s not called selective enforcement (what the hell is that anyway, we aren`t the police), it`s called good business!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!! You have to admit that in reading the limited information in the first post folks could be kind of "Huh"?? like I was. Thanks for the explanation. Like I said, car looked good, just the writeup didn`t make sense to me so I asked. Appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

of course, after re-reading it, I totally understand the confusion!

cliff notes:

client came in with a car for a favor
    I was unable to use the car in the end
    to show my gratitude for his time, I coated his other car, the lambo which had clear bra on it from bumper to bumper.

Post Thanks / Like

You`ve gotta love electric blue on that body shape! FWIW, the passenger quarter looks like its had paint work. The full on side shot looks like it was blended a couple of inches into the door.

Thread Information