Post Thanks / Like

Jeep Trail Hawk detail with EXO v2

Anyone who has followed my posts knows I am a big fan of the Gtechnig products. I find the coatings easy to apply, super hydrophobic and nice and slick. I get about 18 months of solid performance after which time the protection is still there but the crazy beading has significantly fallen off. I opted to use the EXO on the new Jeep because it is a proven product in my opinion and I will re-apply in 18 months. In the meantime the self cleaning aspects of the EXO and the size of the vehicle make it a good fit for me.

A thank you to Vega for posting the PSA on the Werner platform. I picked one up have never had an easier time polishing the roof. Just needed to pull it out of the garage to get room next to the car.

Process was the same as usual:

Interior vacuumed
    Glass Cleaned with Stoners invisible glass & glass MF towel
    Seats wiped down with distilled water and then coated with Geyon Leather coat.
    All fabric was treated with the Wolfs fabric guard. (This little bottle has lasted forever)
    Screens wiped down with a euro shag and a ONR

Wheels
    Wheels cleaned with sonax wheel cleaner plus
    Various sizes of wheel woolies and other brushes.
    Side walls scrubbed with TAW and stiff brush

Body
    Wash with TAW to remove any dealer applied LSP.
    Decon with Iron X
    Follow up with yellow clay and ONR as Lube (did not get much-Jeep has 600 Miles on the clock)
    re wash Lusso oro shampoo
    Blown dry with a master blaster
    Drips dried with an Uber drying towel.
    Trim and decal taped up with Kamikaze tape

Polishing stage
    Polished the whole car using my 3" Rupes with a yellow polishing pad and Rupes Yellow Polish.
    Spot areas corrected with the Green Rupes pad with green polish,
    Car was wiped down with IPA 15%
    Correction cheked with RUpes Light
    Spot areas polished with Rupes Green Pad and M100 followed with Yellow pad and yellow polish
    Car was wiped again with IPA 15% and rechecked.

LSP Paint
    I applied 2 coats of EXO v2
    Used included applicator (liked the best of any I have used so far)

LSP trim
    Geyon Trim

Before:

Started interior the night before

Cleaning up the wheels & Tires

Wheel bucket at the end -YUCK

I was rushing thru the wash process because the sun was getting pretty hot and I did not want to deal with water spots so I skipped the extensive pictures of the wash.

Found some left over adhesive on the B pillars that was easily removed with a 15% IPA mix and a all purpose MF towel

Clay tools getting ready to go:

After the car was dried and pulled into the garage, I taped up all the trim. This car has more trim that I have ever dealt with (or want to deal with) It took 1.5 rolls of the tape to cover the sensitive areas.
    I hate taping and I stink at it. Not the prettiest job, but it worked for me.

Polishing the car I prepared for a 5 inch polish pad and a 3 inch pad. Dispite the large panels I opted to use the 3" for the entire detail because of the abundance of trim and the different ridges on most panels. I felt like the larger pad would have been a detriment.

Polishing done!

Tape off

Wiped with 15% in prep for inspection and coating

Onto the Coating

Sorry, I did not get pics of the applicator before I started.

This (included with the EXO coating) is by far the best, easiest applicator for applying coating that I have used.

After applying 2 coats of EXO it was plates off to get the trim across the whole back and around the Wheel wells and rockers of the Jeep.

Coated all trim with Geyon Trim, I love this stuff. Spreads easily and looks great.

Wheels were coated with Opticoat Gloss Coat for Durability and Tires were treated the following day with Geyon Tire

Good shot of Geyon tire against clean untreated section. I can never get the last bit on the bottom without rolling the car back so I left a swipe to show the difference.

Left to cure over night

At the end this is the amount used for the Jeep. This is a 50 ML bottle as I was afraid to run short. I will be using the balance on my Infiniti shortly.

Areas covered were All the paint, decal, door jambs, paint under the hood.

Pulled out the next day:

Later in the day

Thanks for looking, feedback/comments and question always appreciated.
    Likes Ronkh, GearHead_1, 4u2nvinmtl, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jeep Trail Hawk detail with EXO v2

Beautiful work !!!

You did that all in a day except for the tires ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? uhhhh, i`m getting old
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. Looks AMAZING for white. Great work!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post
    Thanks JSFM35X thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dang !!!

I would be interested to hear more of your thoughts on Kamikaze tape, Gyeon Trim, Gyeon Leather compared to what you have used previously.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work !!!! Interested on your thoughts on Gyeon as well...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Looks fantastic!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no choice.

I have no help and a full time job. This is coating season. So far Subaru wearing Gloss Coat, Jeep wearing EXO and MDX wearing 22ple. The work is done, but I wIll do that write up some time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Beautiful work !!!

PS, drive up and I will help you knock out the vette anytime. I am a little afraid the hard clear if I am honest.

You did that all in a day except for the tires ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? uhhhh, i`m getting old

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, White is forgiving, but also a lot of work to make pop.

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    WOW. Looks AMAZING for white. Great work!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,

The Kamikaze tape is great (to work with) but expensive to use. It took 1.5 rolls to do 2 cars. at a cost of 5 bucks a roll plus freight. The reason I purchased this was because of the decal that needed to be taped and I did not want something that would leave adhesive on the decal or pull it up after I was done. It had a tack that is strong enough without being to much. It also did not transfer any adhesive onto the trim or decal even though I hit it with the buffer many times. The edges stay flat even if being buffed and no adhesive transfer onto the pad whatsoever. If it were cheaper and the roll longer it would be perfect.

The Geyon trim is amazing. A little goes a long way. I did the whole Jeep with 1/3 of the bottle and its a ton of trim. I did 2 coats. Started with the suede but switched to the make up pad. Suede leaves zero lint but the make up pad is easier for me to handle. I did 2 coats, let it sit 1 hour and buffed with a dry MF (removes any lint) to a perfect matte black sheen. I have used C4 from GTECH and it is also great. I will let you know which lasts longer. The C4 is very similar. I like to try new products so I gave it a chance. Not really that I was disappointed with GTECH c4. I actually did a small patch of trim, and of the cowl with C4 and I will let you know what happens.

I used the Geyon Leather coat because I was unimpressed with the longevity of the wolfs leather coating. I have a dove gray leather interior on my car and it stopped repelling water very quickly. It also required too much work to clean them for being protected. I had better results with Ultima Interior guard plus. I wanted to try something better. Initially I tried to get the Opticoat Pro Leather but Optimum would not sell to me as its pro only. I did have a pro offer to sell me some but I wanted support from the factory if there was an problem or I need assistance. This car is used by my wife and kid so it see a lot of food satins. Mike Lambert recommended the product, and that`s good enough for me..

I already got some ice cream and sprinkles off the seat 1-2-3 hours after it had dried So it works pretty good so far but time will tell.

Hope this helps and I will keep you posted as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Dang !!!

I would be interested to hear more of your thoughts on Kamikaze tape, Gyeon Trim, Gyeon Leather compared to what you have used previously.
    Likes TroyScherer liked this post
    Thanks TroyScherer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, see post above for comments and comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Amazing work !!!! Interested on your thoughts on Gyeon as well...

Post Thanks / Like

How many hours you think it took? Also did you happen to get some kamikaze overcoat? The new jeeps look totally different in the front, amazing job...
    2015 Audi S4 (ibis white)
    1995 BMW M3 (alpine white)

Post Thanks / Like

No, I have never used Kamikaze Overcoat. I use a GTECH Coating and I really try hard not to top the coatings. I find toppers don`t last long, and I would just permanon it until I can find time polish and re-coat it.

If Kamikaze were really something great I would try it out. I am just unfamiliar and I have liked the Geyon stuff I have used, but Esoteric is not the easiest company to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp0wer View Post
    How many hours you think it took? Also did you happen to get some kamikaze overcoat? The new jeeps look totally different in the front, amazing job...

Thread Information