Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post

It was a Meguiars Machine/s Products/ Love Fest ----

It is based on the tried and true OverHaulin` format - some girl talking, the guys working, a lot of lame small talk, and somehow it all gets done ..

All Fluff...
    Dan F
    I was gonna ask what "Product Showcase" they did for Episode 1. Someone else answered it. -- There was only so much Overhaulin I was able to take. Then my household cut the cable anyway! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Migue View Post
    Just my thoughts on that : If he does a DIY show, there might not be much incentive to buy the books and pay for training since people will think that the TV show will make them professional detailers after a few episodes.
    Some would still buy the books. I just bought his paperback version of the Show Car Shine. And I already own the Kindle version, as well as the iBook version. I`m still considering paying for training, but we`ll see down the line. But that`s just me. I`m always willing to learn about something I like.

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post
    Personally I like it. It is what it is. I`d rather have a show like this than no show at all. Who cares if it showcases different manufacturers every week.

I love the 50/50 shot. I love how they show the swirls and marring. Imagine the guys watching this that don`t do this for a living or hobby but they want there paint to look great. With the knowledge they gained from the show they can either find a reputable detailer or learn a new hobby.

That show vs no show at all comment. Agreed. Just like when Fast and Furious first came out. People, including myself, joked about the racing and how it`s unrealistic. But, I`d rather watch some nonsense 2 mile drag race than nothing at all. And as far as using various products from the different MFGs, that`s what M. Phillips does. "find something you like, and use it often." I think that`s what he says. And it also goes to show, you don`t have to use Brand X to get your desired effects.

The50/50 shot thing is cool. I could only imagine that, since I haven`t seen it. And I like that comment about a watcher learning something and finding a reputable detailer.
    Likes yg1829, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks yg1829 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Competition Ready?

I don`t have cable.....need to see if I can find it online somewhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information