Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is going to Mobile Tech Expo?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I`ve known your work for many years..... For some reason, you having to test to pass the ida test I find both amusing and unnecessary. But I guess the cert adds eyeball credibility.
    Thank you for your kind words. I feel the IDA adds credibility to our trade. IMHO the CD-SV tests separate what we do from the "Bucket Brigade".
    Truthfully, the tests were more than I expected. An example...Identify Tannin and Protein stains. Then correctly remove w/process & products etc.
    Each test was about 30-40 "items" (that the RT`s scored you on) that you had to do without any assistance from the RT that administered the exam.
    The "Hands on" (no assistance) Skill Validated test (in front of the RT) can be taken after you complete the ten exams to become a Certified Detailer.
    Just a FYI - Jason Rose was there with me on Saturday. He was also taking the same Skills Validation (SV) tests from the same IDA CD-SV, RT folks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. I feel the IDA adds credibility to our trade. IMHO the CD-SV tests separate what we do from the "Bucket Brigade".
    Truthfully, the tests were more than I expected. An example...Identify Tannin and Protein stains. Then correctly remove w/process & products etc.
    Each test was about 30-40 "items" (that the RT`s scored you on) that you had to do without any assistance from the RT that administered the exam.
    The "Hands on" (no assistance) Skill Validated test (in front of the RT) can be taken after you complete the ten exams to become a Certified Detailer.
    Just a FYI - Jason Rose was there with me on Saturday. He was also taking the same Skills Validation (SV) tests from the same IDA CD-SV, RT folks.

I know it adds credibility to customers, but I got a hard time wrapping my head around someone testing you, now Jason as well.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I know it adds credibility to customers, but I got a hard time wrapping my head around someone testing you, now Jason as well.
    I don`t think it`s just for customers. Most customers (at this time...more on that later) don`t even know what the IDA is.
    Consumers do know what an ASE mechanic is. IMHO, In our industry the CD-SV cert separates the wheat from the chaff.
    Certifications do not make the detailer. I do not feel having these IDA certs will bring a single new client to my doorstep.
    What I do feel is that having these certs will insure the detailer has the basic knowledge to correctly undertake the tasks.
    As in many professions...certs may get you in the door, but your abilities once you are in the door, are what keep you inside.
    Likes Poorboy, Ronkh liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information