Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I hate about my white car is waxing it because, being white paint, the hazing of the wax is difficult for me to see. Thus, when I start removing the wax, it`s difficult for me to tell where I`ve removed wax and where I haven`t. Whereas on my black car, the existence of wax is very easy to see and I can easily see where I have waxed and buffed off. Any ideas on a wax or sealant that might be better for white paint, as far as being able to easily see that it`s there? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.
    4Runner

Integra GS-R

Post Thanks / Like
    They all pretty much haze up white. You could use something like Trade Secret or Pinnacle Signature. Those aren`t white waxes. In fact, Trade Secret is blue. I had a white 99 Integra for years and I just sort of figured out that I need to make sure I buff down every square inch of the paint before I put the towels away. I even follow up with some QD to make sure I got it all since its hard to see. If you think waxes and sealants are hard to get off, then try looking for SG on white. lol That stuff is dang near impossible to see on white.

The good thing about having so much experience on white is that now I can buff a car with my eyes closed and feel confident that I got all the wax off. You just need to develop a process for buffing down the whole car without needing to see if you got the wax off.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree with Jngrbrdman. You can also look down the side or accross the top of the car, you should be able to see 99% of it. White is tricky no doubt!
    VOLUNTEER1816

Post Thanks / Like
    SG is what I have been using on my white car. You are right, I can`t even tell that I`ve put it on. And it`s hard for me to remove it anyways...even with wipe on, wipe off. I have to move around at all angles and try to look at it from an angle where I can see if any is left, but it`s still hard. I have 2 coats on. I think I`ll let that go for awhile, then use AIO and go with a wax next time.
    4Runner

Integra GS-R

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 04Runner

One thing I hate about my white car is waxing it because, being white paint, the hazing of the wax is difficult for me to see. Thus, when I start removing the wax, it`s difficult for me to tell where I`ve removed wax and where I haven`t. Whereas on my black car, the existence of wax is very easy to see and I can easily see where I have waxed and buffed off. Any ideas on a wax or sealant that might be better for white paint, as far as being able to easily see that it`s there? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

That is definitely one of the drawbacks to a white vehicle. I have a Navigator and I find myself spending extra time waxing and removing just to make sure everything is covered.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to consider Blackfire. It hazes to a light grey and it`s really easy to buff off after it dries. It`s also an excellent sealant with a great look. You won`t even want to top it with anything else.

Enthusiast Extraordinaire RuffRyder's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s a little later in the day you could do a flashlight check. As your paint will have a shiny reflection of light, while the wax will be hazy.
    I think the amount of attention I give my `05 Steel Grey Metallic Mazda6 makes my girlfriend jealous!

Post Thanks / Like
    I even had problem in application. I could not see well where I applied wax and where I did not. So I tended to use a lot of wax. For example, I used about 3/4 ~ 4/5 of a 16 fl. oz Turtle Wax Platinum liquid wax bottle for just two coats on my Mercedes 300D. I will use paste to save money.

When buffing, I think I finished this panel and go to the next, but I later find areas that I did not buff.

I need to see the surfacce from various angles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find the easy way to insure that all protectant is removed (I have a white full size SUV as a daily driver) is to buff in a controlled manner. What I mean by this is that you focus on one area at a time verses a random area buff. Example: lower left quadrant of hood - check angles for any missed areas and when satisfied move to another quadrant. So on and so on until whole vehicle is done. Re-check entire vehicle in a similiar controlled fashion. After a few session this procedure becomes second nature and very self-assuring that no areas were missed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah sometimes I find wax on my white mustang after going over it twice. Looking at the paint from different angles is the best way.
    "Life is not measured by the breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathes away" :punk:

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a big towel and just go nuts on my truck... both hands on different ends, then go back a touch up the edges... I rarely miss any....

I use the big terry cloth bath towels from wal mart... work great for wax removal, but I wouldn`t touch anything else with them... I also only use white, I`ve heard that dyed fabric can be rougher...
    2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 2wd TRD, White

1997 Honda Shadow VLX, Black/Yellow

1991 Mazda Rx7 Convertible, Black

Thread Information