Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

I have minor to no swirls on on my 98` Jet Black Camry. They`re so unoticeale that you can`t even see them on a Sunny day or even under streetligghts at night.

However, the big problem I have is that I have a crazy number of those "Spider Web pattern" Scratches all over my car. they`re always visible.

I seriously need a your opinions and advice on the best and most EFFECTIVE "Spider Web pattern" Scratch remover.

the scratches are killing me so any help is most generously appreciated.

Thank goodness for AUTOPIA!!!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Spider webs are usually the easiest type to remove, IP at most at FPII at least should remove nicely.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx BurlyQ,

can IP be applie by hand with effective results on my paint condition?

Post Thanks / Like
    Burlyq-

One more question, Can IP possibly damage my paint in any way since you did mention IP "at most"???

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried mothers new power polish today with a pc and a wool polishing pad and it left a spider free finish and was very slick and ready to wax. I have a black car. It works better than 80.

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IP is not intended to be used by hand.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mystickid

I have a crazy number of those "Spider Web pattern" Scratches all over my car. they`re always visible.

In any light? Usually you can`t see them on my car, just certain types of light. Usually direct interior overhead light or low lighting at a certain angle in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, I can see them under anylight,its terrible.

This is for anyone, Do you think 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Removal could get my ob done?

thanx guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I as well tried the mothers power polish on my last detail, since my IP and FP II didn`t arrive in time. Very impressed with the results, left my nighthawk black (black w/blue metallic flakes) smooth/slick/ready for wax. The final product after waxing was a exceptionally fine finish. The only downfall the mother`s product had, it was quite watery and runny. Although it did a better job than I expected removing swirls. I`m sure I`ll like IP and FP II even more on my next detail adventure, but for the first cleaning of the season, I think the mothers/megs combo worked well.

Just my .02 :up

P.S. - I used 3M rubbing compound just before the mothers power polish to remove the deeper swirls. If the spiders aren`t too bad you could probably get away with just a slightly abrasive polish. Btw, what part of the Chi?

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to give scratchx a try. You can apply it by hand with a foam applicator to completely remove the spiderwebs. You can then follow this with your wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    BadSL65AMG said
    Btw, what part of the Chi?

Northeast side of Chicago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BadSL65AMG

I as well tried the mothers power polish on my last detail, since my IP and FP II didn`t arrive in time. Very impressed with the results, left my nighthawk black (black w/blue metallic flakes) smooth/slick/ready for wax. The final product after waxing was a exceptionally fine finish. The only downfall the mother`s product had, it was quite watery and runny. Although it did a better job than I expected removing swirls. I`m sure I`ll like IP and FP II even more on my next detail adventure, but for the first cleaning of the season, I think the mothers/megs combo worked well.

Just my .02 :up

P.S. - I used 3M rubbing compound just before the mothers power polish to remove the deeper swirls. If the spiders aren`t too bad you could probably get away with just a slightly abrasive polish. Btw, what part of the Chi?

You may want to check your MPP, if its thin like water, its bad, I bought some over the weekend and its just like water, I will be taking it back and getting a new bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mystickid

This is for anyone, Do you think 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Removal could get my ob done?

Depends which 3M PI- SMR. If you mean the new PI-3000 stuff, yeah, that would be a good starting point. If you mean the older stuff "for light/dark colors", then no, people find that very disappointing.

Swirls, "spiderwebs", it`s really all the same thing- marring like that is basically just scratches of one kind or another. I`d try something mild like 3M PI-III MG (05937) and if that didn`t get it I`d use PI-III RC (05933) and follow up with the 05937. Or use the product that are replacing these, the similarly named stuff in the PI-3000 line. You can use these by hand.

People get great results with the Mother`s, but note that it seems to have some fillers (from what I hear, haven`t tried it) so the marring might come back later. Not necessarily a problem, but something to be aware of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for the reply Accumulator, I always learn alot from your posts, Your a great assest to Autopia,

Cheers!

Thread Information