Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried it today for the first time with a bottle of SG that`s been sitting there for ... well, for a really long time. I had gotten a bit frustrated with its stubbornness. So, I used AIO to get the existing Wolfgang off the surface and provide the Klasse base and went to work with my former sealant of choice. Again.

Really, Bill`s method works very, very well in comparison to the whole waiting thing. But, while applying/removing the sealant, I was kind of wondering about what`s going on. I mean, considering that the product was supposed to be left on the paint for awhile, does Bill`s way of doing things really lay down the protection (/ looks?) in the same way the bottle`s instructions would? It seems like that would be compromised with this style of application, but I don`t know.

Any definitive answers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive had nothing but good results with his method, one of the very best product tips I`ve ever come across.

My car doesn`t have dimished shine or protection at all using WO WO :up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    i was also wondering the same thing. i have used his method and yeah it works very good.. but i always read to leave it sit for an hour or more... so how is this the same??

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both methods of applications. Personally, I prefer to leave SG on the paint for the prescribed amount of time. I believe in applying sealants according to the instructions. I feel that the added time gives the sealant time to bond to the surface.

I have not had trouble buffing SG off the paint. Just make sure you apply SG sparingly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill`s method works fine for me. AIO/SG beaded on a black X5 for more than 4 months and not only is the X5 a daily driver but it sits outside most of the time. Paint was still noticably slick when I rewaxed it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Last winter I did a comparison on WOO versus wait-one-hour on my Benz & the wife`s Passat.

The results appeared to be similar for about 2 months, then I ended up taking three consecutive road trips in snowy/salty conditions, and the WOO on the Benz did go downhill quicker (the wife`s car is garaged 12+ hours per day, plus almost 24hrs/day on weekends).

Given the differences in conditions, I would say that the difference between WOO and wait-one-hour are minimal at most.

I`ve used WOO ever since, and haven`t experienced any of the hazing that some have complained about.

The only definitive way to know is to do 1/2 the car with WOO and 1/2 with wait-one-hour. I`ll probably get around to doing this for the pre-winter detail (Thanksgiving weekend). Stay tuned for results. (but don`t hold your breath . . . it`s still a long way off)

2000 Volvo S80</p>

2006 Nissan Murano</p>

2011 BMW 328i</p>

2014 Mercedes E350

Post Thanks / Like
    The WOWO method has improved my results with Klasse significantly. For awhile, I was experiencing streaking on my black car. I finally tried the WOWO method and now the streaking and hazing is finally gone.

Here are my results of Klasse on black, although I did not use the WOWO method on this occasion. I can say that I did not notice any difference between letting Klasse dry versus wiping it off immediately in terms of shine, gloss, or durability.

Klasse on black

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like the "leave it on for an hour or more" approach. I did one application this way when I first started using SG. One application applied in this manner held up better and longer than three layers on SG applied 24 hours apart each with the WOWO method. I had very little streaking with both methods and was able to just remove them with a little water or QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also let it cure, I figure that someone who really knew what he/she was talking about wrote the instructions on the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RJJ

I also let it cure, I figure that someone who really knew what he/she was talking about wrote the instructions on the bottle.

I`m sorry, I know I`m retired, but couldn`t help to post. Maybe our bottles are different, because mine says nothing of how long the product should dry on the paint before buffing.

In my experience, SG dries immediately. Leaving it on the surface for even 1 minute can make it difficult to remove.

As for klasse knowing what they are talking about, I dunno about that.

Do you know where I got the WOO method from??? From Bob Faragasso, president of klasse USA. He described the technique to the forum 3 years ago. It`s not someing I dreamed up.

Bottom line, if you don`t like WOO, don`t use it. But don`t go insinuating that it will not work. I use it and it does work. I`ve used every mehtod and WOO works the best for me.

samhian, using water with SG (which has none in it) is apparently a big no-no. Based on information given by various chemists, this will effect overall durability of the product. I used to do this and stopped due to sever hazing I encountered. But if it is working for you, then continue.

dmatre, I would attribute the SG fading on the benz to the environmental exposure, not the method. I see this on my 24/7 parked outside car. Regardless of method, SG fades faster on these types of cars.

andriver, see my comments to rjj. What prescribed amount of time are you referring to? I don`t consider CMA or autogeek, etc to be authorities on klasse. Their instructions are as valuable as any other person who is not a chemist from klasse.

Vernon, if you are letting it sit and not having any problems removing it, then continue to use that method. My only reason for switching to WOO was the difficult removal I encountered from letting it sit.

Polaris, I wouldn`t expect any definitive answers. The Klasse people can never seem to get their story straight, and no one here is really an authority.

Just the opinion of a retired vet...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, alright then. For reference, what`re we saying that normally-applied SG lasts for?

And Bill, what`s up with the "I`m done. It`s over."? What happened?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, don`t retire just yet... Forget that other thread and continue to always speak your mind/be yourself. I for one will retire if I have to watch every word I say :argue

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, I only use water in very rare instances where the SG is tough to remove. The WOWO method does work. There is no question about it. I just prefer leaving it on for awhile and then removing it. It just seems to work better for me and my car. It`s only my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, at least we are in agreement that the directions for use state to let the product dry.

But as for something drying -immediately- I don`t know.

I am happy with Klasse, you are happy with Klasse, that is all that matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RJJ

I am happy with Klasse, you are happy with Klasse, that is all that matters.

Agreed! :xyxthumbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information