Thread: blue coral wash

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a "gift" from my sister, whom learned i wanted to start detailing. A one gallon jug of blue coral wash. Has anyone used this and if so do you like it? I know, I know, its the thought that counts, but i want to use"the right stuff" thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used the Blue Coral, but any modern product dedicated to washing cars is going to be "okay" for the purpose. By "okay," I mean it should not strip wax and will assist in cutting through the general road grime you`re looking to wash away. Any actual "car wash" is going to be better than using kitchen soaps or other general purpose wash solutions. So certainly don`t be afraid to use it.

You`ll find, though, that most on this board prefer other car wash shampoos for reasons such as greater lubricity, more suds, different sheeting or beading actions, or better interaction with various finish products they use. With regard to car wash shampoos, I think there are fewer who feel "strongly" that one is much better than another, as opposed to the polarity of opinions on various other categories of products.

Read through some of the product reviews to get an idea of the kind of things people like and dislike about them, and decide for yourself.

You may decide to try something else, but use the Blue Coral at least a few times, so you have something to compare to. Worst case scenario, keep it around for use on other people`s cars, when you`re doing a favor for someone less critical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t be surprised if you fool aorund with *several* washes, likely both OTC and from online sources before you establish a few favorites
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the Blue Coral Wash & Wax? I have the W&W and its not a bad product. It tends to lose its suds towards the end of washing.

But yeah, don`t be afraid to use it, it won`t hurt a thing. I`ve tried other washes and found ones I like better so I usually don`t use Blue Coral anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blue Coral Super Foam.

Like Turtle Wax, Blue Coral is an old name.

Works fine.

Works great considering you can get a gallon anywhere on earth for like $6.

I mix it with my moose wash just to get rid of the stuff so I can buy a better wash for a lot more money. (how wasteful!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blue Coral, not that brings back memories. Probably one of the first past waxes I ever used. You had to remove it with a chisel but it would bead water. :xyxthumbs
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    I use on wheels/tires and wells only. Ditto the suds and cheap enough comments...I have no problems with it and it saves my "better stuff" for the paint.

Thread Information