Post Thanks / Like
    I have gotten my methods down for the paint and interior thanks to all the discussions and great articles I have read on this site!

Now I have a question about chrome panels on my truck. These are the aftermarket adhesive kind that the dealership put on. I also have chrome (or maybe polished aluminum) on the rails of the bed of the truck. My question is: After they have been polished with a metal polish, should I be applying a wax over it? Possibly a sealant? I have some good ideas from looking around as to which polishes to use, but what would be good to use over the chrome (if anything)? :nixweiss

I tried to find an answer to this question with the search function, but didn`t find anything. Perhaps these additions are not too common among members here. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Post Thanks / Like
    too be quite honest-- it couldn`t hurt to wax over them as those pieces are subject to quite a lot of abuse (wheel spray, etc). I`m pretty sure something like Blitz, Meguiars etc would be good. Just make sure it isn`t abrasive.

Post Thanks / Like
    What brand of wax/sealant are you applying on the rest of the truck? That may affect the answer.

Both Klasse and Zaino are A-O.K. to apply in the situation you`re describing. I can`t imagine that waxes would be different ... but I`m still a newbie to these finer points. Hopefully, others will chime in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure they are real chrome. I tried to use GS27 on the "chrome" rocker panels on my 4 Runner and it turned out to be something else. The "chrome" rubbed right off and left me with a yellow piece of plastic. Nothing that "chrome" tape won`t fix. Just be sure its real chrome and not something that is just shiney.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replys! I am currently using megs #20 and #26 on the rest of the truck. I think I will try to put it on just a little piece of one of the panels to see what happens and go from there. Not entirely sure if the panels are real chrome or not, but i`m guessing not. Maybe I will try to contact the dealership to find out... Anyway, thanks again!

Thread Information