Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Could anyone out there give me an answer. I have a black bmw and the paint is ok but I would like it to look a new car. What`s the best wax or polish to use???

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum M3boy. Start by using the learn button on the upper right. Next read through some of the forums and do a search using key words black paint. There are several excellant products that are mentioned on this forum.

On my wife`s black mustang we use Blackfire II. It gives the mustang a wet look. Good luck....Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome I`d have to agree with andriver. I use BF and it works great, really slick after. I love it, think I might try putting someting over it though, don`t know what yet.
    `02 Nissan Frontier

CC LB Super Black, Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Hella Supertone Horns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna final polish followed by BF II looks simply amazing on black. that is all I can say. I have tried a few other things like glazes and BF II polish but have not came close to the clarity that I achieved with the above.

Post Thanks / Like
    check out this thread with AMP99`s black 7 series BMW (3rd post). It looks unbelievable. Probably the best looking black BMW I have seen on here. AMP99`s Black 7 Series BMW

I have been researching this also to try and decide what I want to do with my wife`s black 3 series. Notwithstanding AMP`s incredible results with VM and EX, you will find here that the gospel here is the "process" is more important than the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like I got to pull out the wallet AGAIN.

I`ve got the black car too and am always searching for the deepest, wettest shine.

Any good posts on EX (application, combinations, etc.) Looks like you can use GEPC, which is my favorite polish. But wasn`t sure whether you need to wash down before applying EX.

Post Thanks / Like
    m3 boy... first you should determine what condition is your car in... and then take the appropriate steps from there.

I have a 3er in black saphire... 3 months old...

i skipped some of the finer `prep` stages as i felt the paint was still in pretty good condition... used some of the `prowax` line of products and have to say that they worked great.

Depending on the condition of the car, you might want to consider steps like `claying`...

haven`t tried anything else... (except turtlewax caranuaba... don`t ask) so i can`t really compare, but the shine from prowax`s polymer II sealant is very nice... it`s deep, looks a little slippery but not too slick...

good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ...........

Post Thanks / Like
    m3boy,

Starting out with a well polished car is the most important step. I polish at least twice a year with a PC and either DACP or Menzerna Intensive, followed by VM or SEPC/GEPC. Once the paint looks good by itself, for my jet black paint, I like to then add 3-4 coats of Poorboy`s EX sealant applied 24 hrs. apart. I then apply 3-4 coats of Souveran wax, again about 24 hrs. apart. My favorite QD is still Pinnacle Crystal Mist followed by Meguiars Final Detail.

Here are a few pics of my 7.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia m3boy!
    ~Miguel

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want great looks and ease of use, try Klasse. It is highly regarded around here. When and if you get into the whole autopia/detailing thing, then try different combinations. Even then, however, you still may not find anything better than Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    AMP- I totally agree, after using about every QD out there, my first, Pinnacle Cyrstal Mist is still my favorite for my jet black, I think there is something magic in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg,

I agree about Crystal Mist on black paint! :xyxthumbs

Crystal Mist seems to wet the paint instantly, just like `liquid black in a bottle`! I just love the stuff.

Cheers,

My Black 7 Series

Patrick
    I dont think I would go with Klasse as your first option...It can be difficult to use, and black is the last color you want to have difficulties with.....The neat thing about Autopia, is theres always something better than what you just used !!! hehe...Im not a big fan of Megs, but I used some # 20 on a black Benz, after I used some BF polish... I was extremely pleased with it...I havent used that combo since, theres just a weird pop that BF gives, that other sealant dont have....I would go with BF II all the way....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information