Post Thanks / Like
    Today I was ready to apply Klasse for the first time to my car. Got up early and at 730am was ready to head out the door to start, but then got company! By the time I got the car prepped, it was 4pm. I managed to get one coat of AIO on. Then I ran out of daylight and my back was screaming for mercy!

I was using my sister`s driveway to do the work. Now I have to drive home (only about a mile) and put my car in the garage. I will have to start tomorrow morning where I left off. The roads are dry, but I am sure I will need to QD the car before I start with the second coat of AIO tomorrow.

I have both Meguiars Final Inspection #34 and Sonus QD spray. What should I use before starting with the second coat of AIO? I just don`t want to have to wash it AGAIN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Use either one. Just be careful and thorough when you QD instead of wash (even though it`s only 1 night`s worth).

Why are you doing a 2nd AIO? I did this too, but in retrospect one thorough application should have been enough. I would just use the valuable time to start SG-ing...

Patrick
    Turbo, I wouldnt even bother, just take a GOOD look it at the right angle and light and see if you can see any dust. If so, hit it with a Kozak or Cal duster. Check the lower panels for water spots, ,wipe gently with well moistened cotton towel, then wipe dry. I would hate to QD it b4 I AIO again, seems like a waste of product. Does it need AIO again ? You may wanna save time and start the SG, your in for a time consuming job ! BTW, you think your back is sore now ??

( To me, breaking your back isnt worth Klasse`n) Just my opinion.....I prefer its competitor, Blackfire.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Patrick

I would hate to QD it b4 I AIO again, seems like a waste of product.
    But how many cents worth of QD do you "waste" cleaning off the car? It`s been driven and it sat for a while. Dust settles on it even in a garage and a CCD won`t pick up 100% of it (use this first if you have it though). QD it first - better safe than sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will definitely QD it before applying more product - I wouldn`t dream of putting it on without taking off the dust etc. Like you said, even sitting in a garage it will get dirty! Was just wanting to make sure I didn`t have to rewash it instead of a QD.

I was wanting to get this all done at one time today, but manure happens and I got pulled away from my early start time!

Patrick
    To each their own gentlemen. I guarantee youd have better results if you just hosed it off with a high pressure nozzel. QD is not really quick, if your talking about another 5 minutes, why not just rinse it down and save your QD ? You have better chances of scratching by QD`ing......You have to agree, applying pressure (To get the QD off) is worse than wiping (with a Kozak) or just rinsing with high pressure...........To each your own, we all have our own tested technique.........Happy Klasse`n !

Thread Information