Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    well there doesnt seem to be any detailers in michigan so i think im going to take my car to ziebart unless anyone has any horror stories. also does any have a idea how much they would charge for these services

diamond gloss

z-shield (like xpel and stongard)

repairing very minor stone chips

Post Thanks / Like
    Ziebart here in Manila (I know it won`t help) offers Diamond Gloss and Paint Protect as well...

Do you have any idea as to how their system works?

I have had my doubts about their services but based on the price, if it works, seems to be a good deal.

Here, their compact-car (Corolla, for instance) Paint Protect service costs P3800 (approx $75) for the first application and about $30 for annual "touch up".

I first thought, that`s bull, I could get 2 full paint details at that price from the local detailers...

But for like 6 months or so, I`ve seen this 1998 Corolla here in our office building that has Ziebart`s paint protection on it, and from the first time I saw it, I was quite impressed with it`s gloss... It clearly has that "polymer candy" gloss of Klasse and such...

The owner is a lady who throws all kinds of stuff into her back seat, pillows, books, plastics, etc... and the car is obviously not meticulously maintained (frequent waxing, etc) since the wheels and tires are often dirty...

I see this car everyday, and up to this morning (I was able to park next to her car) her car was still very, very shiny, not very slick, but slick enough to think that it has been waxed like a week or two before.

Scratches and swirls are still there and are visible, but compared to 90% of the cars parked in this building (there are about 200 cars in our side of the parking lot alone), it is a lot less swirly and is very shiny...

I suspect that the local Ziebart doesn`t detail the car before applying their protective products... I was thinking of detailing my car, scratches and swirls removed, polished and lightly waxed and bringing it to Ziebart for protection...

Based on what I see on the car in our office, it looks very promising and indeed, very durable, even in treacherous Manila conditions...

Any experience on Ziebart paint protection by Autopians?

Post Thanks / Like
    i imagine its just a polymer protectant. but i live in a condo and work midnights so i either have to wait until its cloudy out or when i have a day off and wash over my rents house. also it looks like they machine polish first (hopefully not with a rotary) and get the swirls out then the sealant.

i was using zaino and was impressed but its really hard to find the time to do it right with buying the PC and MF towels etc... im looking at about $200 then to be able to find the time to do it.

Plus i want to find uot how much there z shield costs for the front of my hood and maybe get some very minor paint chips fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost bought the Klasse twins and/or Z system, but if I compute everything, the Ziebart service actually costs cheaper here in my country... That`s why I`m really interested with it... unfortunately, not a lot of people here are educated with detailing and stuff, even their sales persons can`t properly explain how their system works...

I asked them if it was some special polymer formulation that allows it to last so long (in our weather), they often respond to "this is nothing like waxes or sealants"... I`m like... OK fine, but what IS it?

I guess I`ll email Ziebart US instead...

Conditions here in Manila is pretty bad, even Meg #26 won`t last a week in protection...

Post Thanks / Like
    im gonna call the ziebart by my house and ask(grill) them and see if they know what theyre doing. im sure they probably have some type of contract where you have to come in the get the treatment "restored" or something for a discount but i figure i can go there in the winter to "restore" my finish instead of waiting until spring.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I just emailed them, I`ll post their reply (if they do reply...)

Post Thanks / Like
    from their web-site:

Diamond Gloss uses space-age technology to seal and protect your paint.

Protects against aging, weathering and even acid rain.

Backed by Ziebart`s national warranty.

Not a wax or a silicon polish, but new proprietary technology for

automotive finishes.

Never dulls and never needs waxing.

Protects the value of your vehicle while it protects the finish.

Diamond Gloss is an exclusive product of Ziebart International Corporation.

Diamond Gloss Protects your vehicle from the effects of:

Acid Rain

Damaging UV rays

Salt

Water spotting

Bird droppings

Pollution

Bug splatters

Tree sap

Mud & dirt

When you purchase Diamond Gloss you get more than Paint Protection!

Complete chemical bath

Removal of contaminants

Polish to maximum shine

Hand apply Diamond Gloss

Machine spread product

Buff to maximum Gloss

Detail with micro fiber cloth

Remove windshield contaminants

Apply Aquapel Glass Treatment

Clean & dress wheels and tires

that little sentence : "Never dulls and never needs waxing. " reminds me of those infomercials:nono

I don`t honestly know what to think of this

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I`m even more

Renu-A-Shine renews your vehicle`s exterior paint and protects its new-car look seasonally. Trained professionals, using exclusive Ziebart products and specialized equipment, produce results you can`t get at home or anywhere else. Ziebart`s highly trained technicians remove oxidized and faded paint, light scratches and any small imperfections, bringing out the maximum shine and a mirror-like finish to your vehicle`s paint. Then we lock in that high-gloss shine with a tough seasonal paint coating that assures protection of the gloss and finish. We complete the renewal by cleaning and polishing all the remaining exterior surfaces, including the chrome, trim and glass, bringing back that new-car appearance. Renu-A-Shine is a high-technology service. Our technicians are factory trained, and they maintain their skills through additional on-the-job training and Ziebart technical bulletins. The technicians working on your vehicle use state-of-the art equipment, such as:

An 800-psi Powerwash system

High-speed polishers

Orbital waxers

Cyclo scrubbers

Specially designed brushes.

The proprietary products we apply with this equipment have been developed by Ziebart over more than three decades. They include: Cleaning solutions that have been precisely pH balanced Special light- and heavy-duty polishes selected to meet your vehicle`s specific needs Silicone and resin-based protective coatings Modern UV-resistant vinyl and rubber dressings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    my point is... I don`t believe in their ads, but when I saw it first hand, long term (6 months so far)... I turned from a "i know better" skeptic to a "this could be good" skeptic...

from their ads, they all sound like teflon stuff, but based on what i see everyday on this rarely-cleaned car parked next to me, i wanna know more...

the owner of the corolla is this lady (around 30`s) who obviously doesn`t care about her car that much (she puts her stuff on the hood all the time), but the swirls are not that bad and the gloss is awesome...

i tend to not shun a product away before testing them myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a horrible expierence with local Ziebart. They screwed up my car, and

they have horrible customer service ( did not agreed to fix it, did not agreed

to give my money back, were sending me around for 2 month untill told me that).

Look what they did to my car!

http://www.clubgp.com/forum/topic.as...tle=Appearance

They were unable even to wash it properly! grrrr .....

Post Thanks / Like
    Olek...

Ziebart is a franchise operation...they are supposed to honor the warranty at any location. They got into the detail business when they bought out the Tidy Car auto detailing franchise.

If you do go to court, go to small claims...you won`t need a lawyer, just the evidence (your phots) and the receipts.

Mpyne...

Did you check the phone book`s Yellow Pages? it should be under "car washing and polishing" adn "automotive detailing"

Better yet, scan the forums, learn and do it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i checked the forums here and posted a couple messages. im basically saying here take my money detail my car but no replies!!! i looked in the yellow pages but how do you know whos good?? i figure Ziebart would have to back up there product if it came out like crap.

i know how to detail car,, but i live in a condo and would need to buy about $200-$250 worth of stuff and be able to do all this at my sisters or parents house.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy $200 to $250 worth of stuff and detail your car many times, or spend $200 to $250 to get it done just once! (there is a detail shop in the next town over from me who gets $200 for a complete in and out detail for cars, $250 for trucks, vans and SUV`s!)

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s my reason why I wanna try Ziebart out... For me to go Z or even Klasse/BF, it`ll cost me more than $200 to get the products, get it shipped to Manila, etc... Whereas their polymer sealant will only cost me about $70.... Which is roughly the same cost of a full detail here in Manila...

[olek] That`s one hella poor tint job, even I could tint better than that... Heck, shadetree tint guys here in Manila charges about $50 for a full 3M tint job (labor included) with 5 year warranty on the tint and the installation... that really sucks... what tint did they use BTW? they obviously used too much lube and did not squeegy enough...

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    where at in Michigan are you?? I may know some people.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information