Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: When to wash drying towels and wash mitts

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    P.S. I know I am so non Autopian with this but I now use a Boars hair brush for my daily driver pickup truck.
    I don`t think that makes you less autopian since I consider a BHB essential to my non-marring washes
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post
    Thanks trashmanssd thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wash my mitt and towels after every wash. Depending on what I use for drying towels, I will sometimes wash everything together.

A few years back I wouldn`t wash my mitt\mitts after every wash. One day I decided to do a test and hand washed a mitt in a white bucket. To my surprise there was lots of dirt in the bottom of the bucket, since then I don`t chance it. I use the 2 bucket wash method and agitate the mitt at the bottom of the rinse bucket. It goes to show even with the two bucket method some dirt will still remain in the wash mitt. I would urge people who don`t wash your mitts every time to try this test, it will probably change your mind.

Post Thanks / Like

NLove- I`m guessing you use a MF mitt, right?

Wouldn`t want to mix sheepskin/wool with MF...

And yeah, if the mitt is all that`s being used, let alone one mitt for the whole wash, I sure *would* wash it every time! For that matter, even I would wash a mitt out properly if I saw dirt in the rinse bucket.
    Likes NLove liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are an anal, OCD bunch, I love it, it makes me feel somewhat normal.

I used to fret over all this cross contamination, heaven forbid I install swirls onto my paint. Well I was scarred by a soft Infiniti black paint job-PERIOD. That car would swirl if you sneezed at it. Since I stopped buying black cars, my hyper sensitivity to installing swirls remained. But I did not install any swirls. So my ultra crazy rinsing of the mitt during a wash, washing only the top of the panels, then doing the low splat areas last continued. Only the paint stayed totally blemish free. I got lax-er and it still stayed swirl free. All my cars are coated and currently wearing Gloss Coat (newest version), EXO v2, Can Coat, and Mhos topped with Booster. All of these cars have been increasingly washed in a less ocd manner bc I decided, If I mess them up, its almost time to polish and re coat. Well last month I did a waterless wash on my DD what has not been touched since before Halloween! 6 MF towels, 1 litter of waterless wipe and several drying towels. and it was dirty and salty. and it looked awesome. Zero swirling or marring. Ask Joe. Will try to post a link to pics. Sorry having pic problems, are we not suppose to use the IM link?

Front 1/4 done with waterless wipe and the first inch of doors.

After videos

Post Thanks / Like

Did you do any pre soak or pre rinse before washing?

I find with wash mitts that are dirty from rinseless washing, like ONR do well with a pre wash cleaning with dish soap to release most of the dirt. I do the same thing with my pads.

Post Thanks / Like

No pre washing at all. I used to but no more. Unless the car was sandy or muddy I don`t pre wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1975 View Post
    Did you do any pre soak or pre rinse before washing?

I find with wash mitts that are dirty from rinseless washing, like ONR do well with a pre wash cleaning with dish soap to release most of the dirt. I do the same thing with my pads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information