Post Thanks / Like

Pro Detailer Magazine

Anyone have the Pro Detailer Magazine? Are they worth picking up?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pro Detailer Magazine

I`d rather get my info in the form of honest testimonial of user experience from pro and enthusiast detailers alike right here on this forum, for free. I can`t imagine he quality of information actually being better.
    Likes mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I hate to say it, printed media is finding it "challenging" to stay afloat and viable (AKA, profitable) as a source of information in this digital age, especially with websites, forums (like this), and "blogs" on all the different social media platforms/websites available today. It`s much like the "brick-and-mortar" (AKA, physical) stores are having problem staying profitable and even relatable with customers with the likes of e-commerce giants like Amazon and others vying for their business.
    Even newspapers and periodicals (magazines) are feeling the pinch. That`s not to say they are obsolete OR that the writers/journalist are not credible or write interesting stories; they are and do (at least the one`s that are left).
    I must concur with the above observations and posts of others fellow Autopians within this forum; this is an excellent source of detailing information and you and I can support it by buying our detailing supplies from the Autopian store.

I do not know anything about the magazine you mentioned, which is REALLY what this thread is all about.

As a side note, I do find the odd tips about detailing in car magazines like Autoweek, Automobile, Car & Driver, Road & Track, and MotorTrend to be good, but very light on detailed (no pun intended) how-to`s or product application or even recommendation. That`s one of the reasons I, and many others, frequent and post in this forum about our detailing experiences and ask the questions that we do. It allows everyone from novices (like myself) to extremely respected and successful professional detailers to do so. I know I am all the better detailing wise for it.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

i had bought the first three issues, when I only really wanted to buy one. Due to the shipping costs, I figured might as well, in case they are really good and worth it.

Do I regret it? No. Would I buy it again? I`m still debating the 4th issue.

I`m huge on magazines. I love `em. I prefer them over digital media.

Two of the issues had "mega tests" which I thought were cool and entertaining. One of the drawbacks, though, MANY of the products mentioned or even advertised throughout, are not available on this side of the pond (the USA). That part sucks. But some of the products ARE here, and if you want to get creative, I`m sure you can get some from the UK. (Isn`t that how they got the Megs M101 over here?)

But to give you an idea, I found this video online. Hopefully it can help you out.

Likes mikejames, WaxAddict, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks mikejames, WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Two of the issues had "mega tests" which I thought were cool ....
    .. MANY of the products mentioned or even advertised throughout, are not available on this side of the pond...
    One such test on waxes put Pete`s 53 way at the top for gloss, which got me stoked to try my pot again. I remember liking it but not any more so than Natty`s, DoDo, 915, etc. We`ll see.
    It`s those mega tests that pique my interest.. and yeah, I love magazines too. Digital hurts my eyes after a while, and it`s nice to "hold" something after starring at computers all day at work.

Yeah, I`d love to get ahold of Bouncer`s "Done & Dusted" QD and his 100ml pots, and Angelwax, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed you can purchase the magazine in the states here at one of the detail sites that start with the letter A. Not related to this site.

Thread Information