Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst vehicles to detail?

All this talk of Econolines reminded me that I once did (the exterior only of) my K9 Guy`s E250 in exchange for some agitation work. It had gotten housepaint overspray all over it and was generally in "dog-hauling work van" condition and he was gonna pay a "Pro Detailer" (scare-quotes intentional) to *IMO* [mess] it up. Easy-peezy thanks to my work platforms. Nice flat panels, minimal tricky details, just had to go a little easy on his logos. Considering how much I hate doing this stuff, my doing that van at all is a clue as to how easy they are with the right setup
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    As I stood there tonite about to clay the roof, suddenly the hard concrete floor under my feet reminded me of many other things in my life that were "Good ideas in theory..."

And I went back to the ladder...
    I commend your decision to take Gravity seriously. Falls can be life-altering/ending, are all the time.

I don`t know how you guys do stuff on ladders though...I mean, I do a *LOT* of household/propery work on ladders, but detailing a vehicle on one would be like performing surgery on one IMO; there`re some activities that simply call for stable and secure footing and proper posture. Like...I`ll inspect a given area from three or four different viewing angles at just the right viewing distance (and I`ll do that repeatedly) whenever I wash/correct/LSp/do anything and I just don`t see how you can do that from up on a ladder.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

By far the worst ever for me was my motorcycle. There were so many nooks and crannies- a zillion tiny tight spots, I have never detailed a car or truck that was more of a P.I.T.A than that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    By far the worst ever for me was my motorcycle. There were so many nooks and crannies- a zillion tiny tight spots, I have never detailed a car or truck that was more of a P.I.T.A than that
    Which is WHY Top of the Line Detailing Supply came out with a "kit" of odd-shaped felt-ended bobs to fit Dremel tools or cordless/electric drills for polishing tight areas on motorcycles (mostly wheels). Also, I would think that the Rupes Nano I-brid polisher would be THE tool of choice for detailing the hard-to-get-at (small) areas on a motorcycle with the variety of 1" or 2" pads available for said tool.
    Of course it`s easy to spend $800 or so for the above-mentioned tools and accessories, neither of which I have.

One thing I am sure of is my hands get really beat up (bruised and cut) detailing car door jams, wheel rims, and engine compartments reaching into where no human hand belongs (unless you are the mechanic/technician or detailer who reaches into those areas ALL the time!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Good on you for mentioning/patronizing TOL Irene is good people and they don`t get much mention here.

And heh heh, yeah....I just finished touching up the FK1000P in the deep recesses of the beater-Audi`s door jambs, between the front door`s hinges and the rear surface of the front fender (which I also did). LSPing in there is sure lot easier than the initial cleanup and correction was! When I got the car it`d *never* been cleaned in such areas and the original owner used it almost exclusively as a Winter Car, so I think you can imagine

Post Thanks / Like

TOL is the only place I ever found Smooth Cut, which is my go-to polish for everything. They are good to do business with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Lonnie- Good on you for mentioning/patronizing TOL Irene is good people and they don`t get much mention here.

And heh heh, yeah....I just finished touching up the FK1000P in the deep recesses of the beater-Audi`s door jambs, between the front door`s hinges and the rear surface of the front fender (which I also did). LSPing in there is sure lot easier than the initial cleanup and correction was! When I got the car it`d *never* been cleaned in such areas and the original owner used it almost exclusively as a Winter Car, so I think you can imagine

Post Thanks / Like

Homie don`t do motorcycles
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Dude View Post
    TOL is the only place I ever found Smooth Cut, which is my go-to polish for everything. They are good to do business with.
    Yes they are Huh, still liking the Smooth Cut, huh? I did use a lot of that back in the day, and I still use their 357/Fast Cut when dealing with terribly oxidized black rubber/plastic trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Homie don`t do motorcycles
    Homie you very smart guy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information