Post Thanks / Like

Harsh Washing - Constant LSP

Lord knows i`ve spent a bit too much in my nuba heydays....
    500ML / 1Liter of spray and rinse sealants is pretty economical to me...I`m literally using maybe 2-3oz of product per application for 2 Daily Drivers

Is anyone on this forum running harsh/harsher products in your wash routine.
    I know the tradeoffs. To get touchless, you need something strong enough to make it touchless.....
    At the expense of LSP, one can just apply something like Hydr02 in keeping with the the entire theme of touchless.

Just did a wash it got it down to panel clean - aka, no mitt needed to get down the film off.
    However, I know it`s probably something that just take a bite out of the life out of LSP each time...
    Hydr02 is so easy to apply, I could literally just Hydro2 the panels once a month, or whatever my frequency calls for it.
    And Im not apply and post-buffing, which means it minimizes my chances of micro-marring.

I THINK I might try this for 2017.
    Something different I suppose.

These are the pros I see for me
    - touchless washing - less chance of micromarring
    - cut`s my wash routine time by 50%. I don`t like to spend all my time detailing like in my former hey-days.

I can`t think of any con just short of $ spent on product due to process.
    Likes gspam liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harsh Washing - Constant LSP

It took a bit of experimenting to dial in, but I use "paint safe" APC out of garden sprayer as a prewash for winter/bugs/dirtier-than-normal bits. However it`s definitely not strong enough for touchless, and that was not my intention.

Search for member SuperBee, there are some old posts where he had a touchless routine down that didn`t use "harsh" chems. From what I remember choice of LSP was important and eventually a handwash was required.

IMO there`s no free lunch. Eventually you`re going to have to touch the car. I see what you`re getting at though, in theory. Try it and let us know?

Keep your eyes on the trim/plastics. I personally wouldn`t use anything with caustics.

This is the biggest difference I see between the European forums and the States. Over there snowfoams/prewashes seem to be more standard procedure (possibly because they have easier access to them) whereas here we seem to be more about maximizing our LSP. Two side of the same coin IMO. A good snowfoam should remove a fair amount of dirt while a good LSP should shed a fair amount of dirt with just rinsing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harsh Washing - Constant LSP

Yeah, my approach I guess is sorta what you can consider a Lazer/Laser Touchless Wash that one would do in the tunnel of death.....the only difference is I am doing it @ home in a controlled environment that I can control the level of how aggressive the wash solution is applied to the panels during the process.

Thread Information