Post Thanks / Like

Constant bonded contaminates on daily driver

So I have noticed an ongoing issue with my Silverado LTZ. This truck sits outside 24/7 and is a daily driver. I try to stay on it as much as possible but during the winter months it can go 2-3 weeks without being washed.

The issue I am having is that it seems to have bonded contaminates from halfway down the sides of the truck everytime I go to wash it. The truck gets about 400 miles a week on it. For instance I just recently polished and coated it 2 weeks ago. I gave it a maintenance wash yesterday and sure enough it feels rough from halfway down the sides of the truck.

Not sure if putting mudflaps on the front would help with contaminates getting thrown up at the surface. Kinda getting annoyed with this because it definitely effects the performance of the LSP.

Any ideas on how to help would be awesome. Here`s a picture of the truck for visual.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Constant bonded contaminates on daily driver

Mud guards will help. The only way to eliminate the tire spray is a narrower tire. Part of keeping a clean vehicle is prep and maintenance. Keep on claying the clear coat and use your LSP often. Also a pH balanced shampoo is ideal

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Season change may help.

Some of the contaminants might be plow blade residue off the streets.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the mud flaps, not only keep down the spray of water and other stuff off the truck but over time when roads are dry the debri the wheels will throw off the on the panels of the truck. WeatherTech has line of no drill flaps plus you have a truck can never go wrong with mud flaps on a truck
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yes on the mud flaps and wheel well fender flares.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys. My brother in law has the weather tech no drill mud flaps. I have been looking at those. Looking like it`s time to pull the trigger.

Hopefully they cut down on the amount of bonded contaminates. It gets annoying having to nanoskin the truck every wash.

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

My Tundra has mud flaps and it doesnt matter if you are on highway or major roads with 45-50 mph speed limits. The $&^* seems to just get thrown up by other cars around you and at speed it just goes out and around the flaps. I have the same problem from about my waist line and down my truck is a mess no matter what I do. LSP always loose its beading and there is stuck on crud no matter what. Winter they use so much salt and other new chemicals to treat the roads that around here I think its impossible to keep a good daily driver during the winter. All you can do is de-con with a iron remover then a clay mitt in early spring and put on fresh coat of LSP. The top parts of the doors and hood and roof all bead like they just got fresh coat of LSP but it fades perfectly matching the salt spray line you can see when it dries on the car the day after a snow storm.

Kinda like this picture the whiter it gets the worse LSP performs after only few days, That stuff must just stick like glue or eat through LSP.

You could hire this guy to keep it salt free but might get some marring.
    Likes Ronkh, rlmccarty2000, NLove, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    My Tundra has mud flaps and it doesnt matter if you are on highway or major roads with 45-50 mph speed limits. The $&^* seems to just get thrown up by other cars around you and at speed it just goes out and around the flaps. I have the same problem from about my waist line and down my truck is a mess no matter what I do. LSP always loose its beading and there is stuck on crud no matter what. Winter they use so much salt and other new chemicals to treat the roads that around here I think its impossible to keep a good daily driver during the winter. All you can do is de-con with a iron remover then a clay mitt in early spring and put on fresh coat of LSP. The top parts of the doors and hood and roof all bead like they just got fresh coat of LSP but it fades perfectly matching the salt spray line you can see when it dries on the car the day after a snow storm.

Kinda like this picture the whiter it gets the worse LSP performs after only few days, That stuff must just stick like glue or eat through LSP.

You could hire this guy to keep it salt free but might get some marring.
    Haha.. Well seeing as you live fairly close to me and have the same issues I guess I am going to have to chalk it up to the winter conditions. Funny you mentioned about the waste line/salt line because that`s exactly what happens to my Silverado. Guess I need to just let my OCD not take over lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justins00ss View Post
    Haha.. Well seeing as you live fairly close to me and have the same issues I guess I am going to have to chalk it up to the winter conditions. Funny you mentioned about the waste line/salt line because that`s exactly what happens to my Silverado. Guess I need to just let my OCD not take over lol.

Yeah and I have a power washer always hooked up at work and I use that few times between washes to keep salt to minimum but doesnt matter. Brandt`s CSL EXO combo may be only thing that may shed it well and quick enough to with stand it, Maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

trashmanssd- I simply *LOVE* that moose pic! Best thing I`ve seen on the internet for ages, thanks for posting it.

Justins00SS- My solution to the bonded contaminants is to LSP with FK1000P even if you don`t love how it looks on that paint. I haven`t had to decon a vehicle wearing that stuff since forever.

Post Thanks / Like

My van is the same way I work right next to a couple rock quarries and the dust and lord knows what else is on the main streets and in the air 24/7. Then it rains and or snows etc. brutal. My front fenders seem the worst. I can wash and clay or nano skin the fenders and hood and a week or two later feel after a wash and they are rough again.

Some conditions are just no stopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Very funny moose picture. Got my laugh for the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Mud flaps should definitely help. I`ve had the Weather tech ones on my truck for 2 years now and have no regrets.

Thread Information