Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with shopping list

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    It`s chemical decon, in addition to prep mit.

See: Car Pro Iron X
    Thank You! Added to cart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If the paint on your trans am is the same as what is on my 02 Camaro and on my dad`s ex 02 Camaro, then it is on the hard side. I ended up using Meguiar`s D300 and their microfiber cutting pads to correct both of mine and my dad`s. Foam and M105 or M101 would not touch the defects. M205 works great on this paint as well.

You have nice collection of cars.

Sent you a PM.
    Thank You
    The S4 and Mustang GT belong to my neighbor, but I drive both a lot so I`ll take care of them like they`re mine

The TA is my baby, keeping her forever. The Z06 is on order, should be here at the end of March, keeping her forever too. The Q60 Red Sport is the wife`s car, that thing is nuts, 400hp in a little car like that moves!

Post Thanks / Like

OP, forget M105, I`d consider it old tech... M101 is a much more modern product and much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, another question, I ordered the Z06 with suede interior. Don`t know if it`s suede or alcantara. How do I take care of this?

My Mercedes goes back in March, it came with alcantara seats which I just used water and sometimes a little 303. Good approach?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    OP, forget M105, I`d consider it old tech... M101 is a much more modern product and much better.
    Removed it from my cart, going with 3D AAT combo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
    What is going to finish nicer? 3D AAT Finishing Polish or PB SSR1?
    Pretty hard to beat AAT. 3D/HD`s polishes are seriously top notch but like everything it depends on pad, paint and method.

Post Thanks / Like

MF pad it is, I have a 20 gallon Ingersol Rand compressor and a Husky air gun...
    Perfect! Use the air to blow the MF pads clean and do it so often you think you`re being nutty. Works fairly well on foam too, but at some point you`re just blowing the [bas stuff] down *into* the pad, which isn`t what you want.
    My pads are pretty clean...but I won`t show them to you lol...definitely adding more to cart
    Good, sounds like I`m getting through Heh heh, consider yourself chastised if your pads don`t basicallylook like new when you`re all done using/cleaning them Oh, OK...some LSP residue is alright as long as it`s not too much (shouldn`t be much of *ANY* left if you`re using the correct amount, but a bit of white-stuff staining seems inevitable).

Not understanding the decon, is it the same as claying/prep mitt or done in addition to? Definitely not interested in buying gallon size stuff
    We oughta have some setup where somebody buys the ABC and then portions it out to a few people. But yeah..there are alternatives from other vendors these days. Just be *REALLY* careful if you use the FinishKare stuff, it`s effective but really *really* nasty and it`s far from foolproof (and you might not need to be a fool to have an !oops! with it).

Post Thanks / Like

What is going to finish nicer? 3D AAT Finishing Polish or PB SSR1?
    I`d worry less about which will finish out better and more about which will be more use-friendly.

FWIW I`d go 3D in a heartbeat but that`s just me.

Post Thanks / Like

LarryM:
    What is (are) your polishing machine(s) that you use?? If you have yet to "upgrade" to a long-throw dual-action, like a Rupes Bigfoot Mark II or Griot`s Garage BOSS, you may be missing out on modern-day polishing tools. (Yes, it`s easy to spend someone else`s money!!)If you are an experienced rotary person who uses the Makita 9237C-X3 rotary buffer or Flex PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher or DeWalt DWP849X Rotary Polisher, then stick with that/them. Since I have NO rotary experience, I envy those that do. Those that do seem to like rotaries and the time that they save, and outstanding buffing/polishing/finishing results they produce.

That said, many long-time rotary guy`s have migrated to the long-throw DA`s because the newer compounds and polishes are formulated for them and the foam pads that they use, and they are not as "finicky" as rotaries. Even novices, with a little use and practice, can produce (almost) rotary-like results.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    LarryM:
    What is (are) your polishing machine(s) that you use?? If you have yet to "upgrade" to a long-throw dual-action, like a Rupes Bigfoot Mark II or Griot`s Garage BOSS, you may be missing out on modern-day polishing tools. (Yes, it`s easy to spend someone else`s money!!)If you are an experienced rotary person who uses the Makita 9237C-X3 rotary buffer or Flex PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher or DeWalt DWP849X Rotary Polisher, then stick with that/them. Since I have NO rotary experience, I envy those that do. Those that do seem to like rotaries and the time that they save, and outstanding buffing/polishing/finishing results they produce.

That said, many long-time rotary guy`s have migrated to the long-throw DA`s because the newer compounds and polishes are formulated for them and the foam pads that they use, and they are not as "finicky" as rotaries. Even novices, with a little use and practice, can produce (almost) rotary-like results.
    I have a PC7424, not quite ready to make the jump to Rupes. It`s done some fantastic work for me, but does take a bit of work to get there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    We oughta have some setup where somebody buys the ABC and then portions it out to a few people. But yeah..there are alternatives from other vendors these days. Just be *REALLY* careful if you use the FinishKare stuff, it`s effective but really *really* nasty and it`s far from foolproof (and you might not need to be a fool to have an !oops! with it).
    What are your thoughts on CarPro? Currently in my cart for decon

Would you decon the Z06 after picking up from the dealership and prior to XPel? I think GM does direct truck in a body bag for Kentucky to northeast.

Post Thanks / Like

Latest game plan taking the advice of all:

Decon - CarPro Iron X
    Surface Prep Mitt (already purchased)

Bad stuff - MF pad with 3D AAT compound
    Average stuff - maroon or orange pad with 3D AAT compound
    Finishing - green pad with 3D AAT finishing
    Extra Lovin` - Klasse AIO (already own)

Wash - Ultima Paint Guard and Optimum No Rinse

Ceramic Coat - PBL (already purchased)
    Ceramic Booster - Gyeon Cure

Detail sprays - Kenotek and ONR

Post Thanks / Like

Latest game plan taking the advice of all:

Decon - CarPro Iron X
    Surface Prep Mitt

Bad stuff - MF pad with 3D AAT compound
    Average stuff - maroon or orange pad with 3D AAT compound
    Finishing - green pad with 3D AAT finishing

Wash - Ultima Paint Guard or Optimum No Rinse

Ceramic Coat - PBL
    Ceramic Booster - Gyeon Cure

Detail sprays - Kenotek and ONR
    I would suggest optimum Gloss Coat over PBL. Better durability, does not require(or strongly encourage) a proprietary polish for best results, and is easier to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrock645 View Post
    I would suggest optimum Gloss Coat over PBL. Better durability, does not require(or strongly encourage) a proprietary polish for best results, and is easier to use.
    Sorry, should have noted I already purchased the PBL.

Post Thanks / Like

LarryM- My limited experience with CarPro has been entirely positive.

Good luck using the rinseless wash...for the life of me I can`t do a consistently marring-free wash that way.

FWIW, I`m a *HUGE* fan of Garry Dean`s Infinite Use Detail Juice for a rinseless. Simply no way to overstate how great I think it is. ONR...well, I`m using it up for household stuff but not on the vehicles. Eh, that`s just me and I have an older version (of ONR) and others like it just fine. But still..[INSERT additional IUDJ fanboy comments]

And yeah, I`d thoroughly decontaminate *ANY and EVERY* vehicle I purchase. Period. And I`d that it "in the bag" as I`d expect the dealership to mar it up when they unpack it. I`ve refused delivery on more than one new car over them not doing what I specified
    Likes LarryM liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information