Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Good You Tube Detailers?

Larry`s videos are great. I do question how much knowledge he has versus how much he just `copy & pastes` from Kevin brown. Regardless, he is making great information available.

Darren scares me a little at times. Like when he sprays megs wheel brightener right on his hand and tells viewers it`s fine. Some great advice in there. Nothing really new, but some great tips and tricks.

I`m a huge fan of forensic detailing. He`s really trying to pull all the myth and BS out of the equation. I regard his opinions highly. Just waiting to see if the channel shifts if he eventually gets a home brewed wax that is ready for sale

White details also has a few videos. Mostly showcasing his work, but he has a few nice tips and tricks in there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8danefilms View Post
    I`m the guy who makes those videos so I gotta say thanks to Vega for the recognition!

And I definitely lurk AG in the shadows just to see how things go, (I never actually post) but man-oh-man when somebody mentions TRC....hahaha.
    Nice, I enjoy the detalks videos.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve watched pretty much all of Larry`s videos. Look up his podcasts too, there is some incredible information on there.

I don`t agree with everything he says, but Larry has detailed more nice cars than I`ll ever see in person. I`m a bit more liberal with APC, and I can`t quite figure out what his coating is.

Watch his Quick Wash video, I think it`s a great alternative to rinseless washing for those who don`t mind pulling out the hose (cliff notes: you rinse the car down and do a waterless wash, you can sub any of the waterless products sold here for his product)

I also swear by his drying technique with a damp, wrung-out microfiber.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve watched most of the detailing channels listed above and have found good information on all of the channels previously mentioned. Autogeek just released a new series last week, a bit more rudimentary than most of those listed above but great info nonetheless: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4mUqaB4UuPQ91m
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Car Cleaning Guru, something about listening to this British guy narrate his videos. Take notice how long he can talk without taking a breath.

https://m.youtube.com/user/CarCleaningGuru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    Car Cleaning Guru, something about listening to this British guy narrate his videos. Take notice how long he can talk without taking a breath.
    Oh yeeeeah. That guy, too! I like his videos. I read a comment on one of his videos that said he`s using some computer generated voice over thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Oooo Vega said "Rag Company". That could get you banned over at AG. Lol. Thank goodness for Autopia!
    They banned me
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like Larry K @AMMO

and the junkman2000

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have touched upon most of the guys I have found on YouTube

I have couple of new ones I can recommend trying;

The one guy no one has mentioned thus far is the WhiteDetails YouTube channel - Jim has a nice shop in the UK and does some gorgeous work. He is a Gtechniq accredited detailer so all of his vehicles end up with a layer. He has some amazing cars go through his shop. He is a little light on details sometimes but I enjoy watching his vids.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq2...uudBM4BR3sPcHQ

Nathan, who runs the Cambridge Autogleam YouTube channel, is another English detailer I recently started watching. He seems new to creating YouTube videos and they seem to be getting better as they go along and is worth checking out. He has another nice shop and gets some beautiful cars to work on.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5...tuLpUFit01Pxqw

Darren from the Auto Fetish Detail channel is the guy who led me down the car detailing rabbit hole in the first place so I guess I owe him some props. Seems like an honest guy with straight forward knowledge and advice. Sometimes a bit long winded but not a bad place to start. I also enjoy Larry from Ammo, his videos are the closest to a TV program in terms of production values and quality. Someone also mentioned Car Cleaning Guru, he also has fairly high production values and his narrations are very easy to listen to. Forensic Detailing videos are very thorough but very tough to watch his long videos all the way through.

Lot`s of great info out there.
    Likes The Old Dude liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ride and Shine Detailing - like White Details, Serge puts out some sweet work and he is Modesto certified. He has some nice videos on Youtube.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Junkman was my first favorite, and remains so today.

BlkYukon had a couple videos I really liked.

They guy who did a nice demo of the Rupes Duetto.

I like some of Adam`s old videos, especially the ones with Dylan.

Love Darren at Auto Fetish.

Anything with Mike Phillips, Michael Stoops, Jason Rose, Todd Helme, Mike Pennington, and Larry Kosilla.... There is a video that looks to be from the late 90`s/early 2000`s from Meguiar`s. It features Mike Pennington going through all the steps of common methods for paint repair in that era. Probably my favorite video on YouTube. For no other reason than nostalgia.

Garry has to be my favorite though. I may not even agree with everything he`s saying, but I`m friends with him on fb, and he`s always making himself available to bounce ideas off of. He even made a video out of a question I had for him. I admire his style and approach, and find his lack of filter refreshing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I generally don`t view YouTube Detailers, but..

Garry did come immediately to mind, at least with regard to washing with a rinseless.

While I do chuckle a bit about his self-promotion and, uhm...general online demeanor, and we don`t agree about everything, IME Garry is a 100% stand-up guy and I esteem him highly.
    Garry is a good guy but be careful with his advice, he tends to tailor it to whatever he is currently selling. For example, a year ago he would recommend keeping your detailing system simple like his line was back then, since then, he has more than doubled (almost tripled) the size of his line and it`s complexity so he has scratched that advice. A year ago he preached the Scottwax philosophy that hauling around a ton of equipment is stupid and Garry specifically mentioned pressure washers as dumb, now he sells a glorified pressure washer so he no longer preaches that. Garry used to call coatings BS, can you guess what he sells now? Lastly, Garry has just introduced an All in One and was praising how it makes detailing so much faster and efficient. On his product Facebook page, one of his posters called him out for just months earlier telling that same poster that All in Ones are a waste of time. Garry had to apologize to that same poster for misleading him on the Facebook page. I understand changing your opinion here and there but Garry seems to do it regularly when it benefits his business and one could argue that borders on an ethical issue.

So basically, if you have a specific question about a product of his, obviously his advice or his chemists would be best to follow. If you have a question about detailing in general, consider his answer as to whether it currently supports his line, cause it could change in a matter of months with a new product. One one of his videos he called iron removers and other decon products all BS. If he suddenly starts selling an Infinite Iron Killer I am just going to shake my head.
    Likes 845guy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve recently got into watching Obsessed Garage. He`s pretty opinionated (who isn`t in this hobby) but honestly he has some really good videos... in my opinion... See??!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I`ve recently got into watching Obsessed Garage. He`s pretty opinionated (who isn`t in this hobby) but honestly he has some really good videos... in my opinion... See??!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Matt does have great advice. He has quite the wash setup. The guy seems to research all the products he uses/recommends and his cars are always "dialed in"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information