Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Effective Leather Reconditioner

PS- I never realized 1Z made a leather conditioner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If the leather is coated, you`re not cleaning or conditioning the leather, but the top coat(vinyl). So clean and protect, no need to "condition". So, pH balanced leather + leather masters protection cream.

Post Thanks / Like

Brewins- so the leather masters cleaner too?

I also read that einszett leather product is great for coated leather as well. Not sure if someone here has used it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    Brewins- so the leather masters cleaner too?

I also read that einszett leather product is great for coated leather as well. Not sure if someone here has used it

That`s excellent cleaner, too(leather masters). Not sure about Einszett. Any pH balanced leather cleaner is good. As far as reconditioning leather, not sure how that`s possible. There may be products, but I don`t know much about that. What I do know makes sense to me; with coated leather, you working with the top coat which is not leather, so clean and protect. All those oils in conditioners will attract dirt and grime.

Email these people: Leather Master Products - Conditioner

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the Leather Masters stuff and it`s good. I get their "Strong" cleaner and dilute to my needs.

As for the "you`re only conditioning the coating, not the leather, when working on coated leather", that is the "theory vs. practice" that I spoke to earlier...where I was able to make (apparently uncompromised) stiff-as-cardboard coated leather soft and supple by using a Conditioner that "shouldn`t have worked because of the coating". Cut-and-dried, no question, it worked like magic despite my not expecting it to.

Not saying it`ll always work that way, or even that it`s a good idea to try. But it absolutely *DOES* work in some situations, BTDT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ve used the Leather Masters stuff and it`s good. I get their "Strong" cleaner and dilute to my needs.

As for the "you`re only conditioning the coating, not the leather, when working on coated leather", that is the "theory vs. practice" that I spoke to earlier...where I was able to make (apparently uncompromised) stiff-as-cardboard coated leather soft and supple by using a Conditioner that "shouldn`t have worked because of the coating". Cut-and-dried, no question, it worked like magic despite my not expecting it to.

Not saying it`ll always work that way, or even that it`s a good idea to try. But it absolutely *DOES* work in some situations, BTDT.
    Cool. What did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    Cool. What did you use?
    Both Sonus and Leather Masters. The first time was just a "what the [heck], see if this does anything..", the second time I wasn`t so sure I`d be wasting my time!

I bet that had I done the full Leather Doctor process, or even just used his Hydrator, the results would`ve been even better. I used to be all cynical/skeptical when [people who sell such products] said they`d work on coated leather, but live and learn.

Now watch somebody try it based on what I`ve posted and have it *NOT* work out for them! IME ya just never know until you try it.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered some leather masters protection cream. Finally got that out of the way

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen "oils in conditioners attracting dirt and grime" on any of the hundreds of Leather Interiors I have cleaned and conditioned..

And I also still believe that no matter the coating, etc., whatever it is called, there is still a way for the product used to get either the top coating and/or the leather surface sufficiently more soft and flexible..

Which is what we all want it to be in the first place..

Better products in my experiences yield better results, i.e., clean, softer, more supple, matte finish, no scent, or if necessary leather scented, results in most cases where the leather is more leather-like, than what some less expensive automotive suppliers deem as "leather"..

If someone would like to take a tour of this place and ask all the right questions, perhaps we can finally put to bed the mystery of what happens when actual leather hides are treated before they are sold to those who make beautiful things out of them -------

Spinneybeck North America. 425 CrossPoint Parkway Getzville NY 14068. USA t 800.482.7777 or +1.716.446.2380 f +1.716.446.2396 e sales@spinneybeck.

Anyone near Getzville, NY want to go take a look there, or something like that??
    If I were not 3,000 miles away, I would be there in a heartbeat...

And again, all I can say about their recommend product is that it works really great on real leather, in vehicles or in my house, and of course, they are all leathers with some type of something on them .. They smell really great before and after the treatment, as the product is not strongly scented to add a leather scent..

Ok, who wants to take a trip to Getzville, NY?
    Thank you !
    Dan F
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan I tried ordering their leather conditioner. But guess what? 26 dollars for shipping to Canada. No way am I paying that.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan I tried ordering their leather conditioner. But guess what? 26 dollars for shipping to Canada. No way am I paying that.

Striker -
    Oh no !! $26 ??? They are in NY already... Holy cow...
    What if someone mails you a box with a bottle of it, from the US?
    How does that work ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

No clue buddy. I`ve had better luck on amazon. Got a bottle of leather masters cream for 30 bucks plus another 3 for shipping. I`m ok w it.

Post Thanks / Like

No clue buddy. I`ve had better luck on amazon. Got a bottle of leather masters cream for 30 bucks plus another 3 for shipping. I`m ok w it.

Striker -
    Great ! I am so glad you found it !!!

Leather Masters conditioning cream - believe it or not - looks and smells a lot like the Spinneybeck leather cleaner and conditioner product..
    I didn`t know this until I purchased the L/Masters product and opened the bottle and looked at it and smelled it..
    Would be absolutely great if this L/Masters product is the same or about the same thing...

Hey I know waaaaay too much about Amazon - I already have over 70 orders this year...
    Amazon Prime yearly dues has been paid over and over again in Free 2-Day Shipping..
    Dan F
    Likes r111 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll bet the spinneyback product is the same thing if that`s the case.

For a cleaner I might use the locally available autoglym. It reads that it is ph neutral and won`t have ill effects towards your leather in that regard.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll bet the spinneyback product is the same thing if that`s the case.

For a cleaner I might use the locally available autoglym. It reads that it is ph neutral and won`t have ill effects towards your leather in that regard.

Just being....uhm, me here...but guys like Roger Koh might question whether ph neutral isn`t bad since they want stuff acidic.

NO, NO....not seriously flaming it and I use stuff that I`ve never checked the ph on all the time.

And generally I consider AutoGlym to be a very good line and think it deserves more attention here. I`d use it without any hesitation at all.

Heh heh, we could talk this to death and then you`d *NEVER* end up getting anything done

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information