Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Long handled microfiber brush recommendation please

I`m looking for some kind of recommendation on a long handled brush for washing. Sometimes I need to do the roofs of trucks and SUV`s. So a long handled microfiber brush is probably in my future. But I need one where you can replace the microfiber part, for when it finally gets worn out or too dirty.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Long handled microfiber brush recommendation please

Are use a 12 inch for his hairbrush for the uses you describe on my own SUVs I also own a synthetic flag tipped vehicle wash brush that is approximately 8 to 10 inches long that I use on vehicles that are not good shape swirl wise

Post Thanks / Like

Shurhold Swivel Pad & Lambs Wool Cover Combo, lambswool cleaning pad

not MF but it works great and does not scratch or mar the paint - assuming u keep it clean.
    Likes jtford95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s one from WalMart:

Deluxe Microfiber Chenille Wash Mop with 48" Extension Pole - Walmart.com

I have this one...used it for my truck and wife`s SUV

Post Thanks / Like

I have been trying to get Microfiber Madness to make one. No luck.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Griots Garage makes one
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

TRC does have one too. I use it on RVs etc
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Montana boars hair brush. Comes with an extended handle or use your own.
    Soak in hot water before you use. I use it on my 3/4 ton GMC.
    Likes tropicsteve liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Montana boars hair brush. Comes with an extended handle or use your own.
    Soak in hot water before you use. I use it on my 3/4 ton GMC.
    Noting that I`m generally a BIG fan of that BHB (and others made by Universal Brush), I find that *used properly* a BHB is often too gentle for nasty vehicles. Just mentioning that as bennylava might want to know.

And just FWIW, my BHB-on-a-pole from Universal Brush (appears the same as the Montana, which is made by Universal) just sits unused even when I wash the Tahoe. But then I go to extremes when washing that others wouldn`t bother with due to my obsession with avoiding marring

Oh, and my BHBs soften up fine in cold/cool/warm water, no need *IME* to use hot if that`s not convenient.

bicycle- I`m not in any way knocking your suggestion and I`m glad the BHB is working out for you. I only posted this stuff to show how the YMMV can factor in when it comes to BHBs.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my cars will likely see the touchless carwash first, just to knock all the big chunks off. Those big pieces that i really don`t wanna clean up at my house. Then a wash by me by hand. So big chunks probably will be minimal for me.

How often would yall wait to replace the pad? Say every 4 cars?

Next recommendation! Keeping the dust off a car that has been fully detailed. The dust collects after a few days outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bennylava View Post
    Next recommendation! Keeping the dust off a car that has been fully detailed. The dust collects after a few days outside.
    That`s a good question, wish I had a decent answer. Since I simply don`t touch vehicles between washes I suppose *I* would at least do a rinseless wash, but that`ll take time. IMO the "usual methods of dusting a car" will cause marring. Pressure washing with DI water comes to mind, but that`d be pricey for one thing...

How often would yall wait to replace the pad? Say every 4 cars?
    Wouldn`t you get out a new one as soon as the pad gets soiled?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That`s a good question, wish I had a decent answer. Since I simply don`t touch vehicles between washes I suppose *I* would at least do a rinseless wash, but that`ll take time. IMO the "usual methods of dusting a car" will cause marring. Pressure washing with DI water comes to mind, but that`d be pricey for one thing...

Wouldn`t you get out a new one as soon as the pad gets soiled?
    Yes but I was also wondering about washing the pad to prolong its life. Thus saving me some money lol. Not real sure if its actually a good idea though. Maybe the washing machine will take out a lot of the dirt and grit.

As for the dust, perhaps the air compressor could help with that. Or what about just running the hose over it? What effect does hose water have on wax? Maybe use some filtered water, so no water spots...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but I was also wondering about washing the pad to prolong its life. Thus saving me some money lol. Not real sure if its actually a good idea though. Maybe the washing machine will take out a lot of the dirt and grit...
    If there`s enough dirt for it to matter, I`d sure want it laundered out before that pad touches a vehicle

As for the dust, perhaps the air compressor could help with that. Or what about just running the hose over it? What effect does hose water have on wax? Maybe use some filtered water, so no water spots...
    Blowing off light dust seldom works well for me. Just rinsing with water will cause water spots/etc. unless you use a DI system like the CRS (which I have/use/like but it`s pricey and a hassle). It takes more than "just filtering" too, my water is double-filtered and softened and I *still* need to use the CRS to avoid issues. Sorry, the whole "how to keep inventory clean outside?" topic is simply *tough*, drove me nuts when we had the dealership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    If there`s enough dirt for it to matter, I`d sure want it laundered out before that pad touches a vehicle

Blowing off light dust seldom works well for me. Just rinsing with water will cause water spots/etc. unless you use a DI system like the CRS (which I have/use/like but it`s pricey and a hassle). It takes more than "just filtering" too, my water is double-filtered and softened and I *still* need to use the CRS to avoid issues. Sorry, the whole "how to keep inventory clean outside?" topic is simply *tough*, drove me nuts when we had the dealership.

You used to have a dealership? If so I`d love to pick your brain on that one.

Anyway yeah, you see them out there with those giant broom-looking brushes, brushing off the cars on the front of the lot. Sometimes when you are driving by you can see them doing this at various places. And it looks really... soft? Hairy? Looks like its designed not to scratch, and to trap dust in it. I guess something like that is the best you can hope for. Hell there will be dust that gets on the car eventually, even indoors in a showroom.

Post Thanks / Like

You used to have a dealership? If so I`d love to pick your brain on that one..
    Heh heh, that`d be some slim pickin`s

Back in the `80s some pals and I had a small used-car dealership (before we went on to Real Jobs, at least in my view). Take Home Lesson: the whole Autopian Perfection thing didn`t really factor in- getting, let alone *keeping* the vehicles looking OK by *my* standards was an exercise in frustration. There was *NO* sense in using Boutique Products or treating inventory like showcars. Buy user-friendly (especially if somebody else will be doing the work) products in bulk. Don`t waste time/effort/money.

I`m 100% certain that somebody else, somewhere else, at some time...could do it "right". Hey, there are some high-end dealerships that do it that way (I`ve bought cars from them, but honestly I still redid *every* car I`ve ever bought to bring it up to my-OK). But your first priority oughta be turning a profit and just staying in business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information