Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scared of polishes and compounds

Seeing as you are barley starting, I would recommend the Meguiar`s ultimate line. They are intended to be user friendly and perform very well. Once you get more comfortable you can venture off into the pro polishes from Meguiar`s.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Seeing as you are barley starting, I would recommend the Meguiar`s ultimate line. They are intended to be user friendly and perform very well. Once you get more comfortable you can venture off into the pro polishes from Meguiar`s.
    What he said......their Ultimate line produces some good results, is available OTC at very reasonable prices and is very user friendly.....
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s produces two very good one-step products for "production" (IE, volume used car exterior care)
    1) in the Professional Line its Quick detailer AIO M66 and
    2) in the Detailer Line its the Paint Reconditioning Cream D151.
    If a little better finish is desired, it may be necessary to turn to the Microfiber Line of the Correcting Compound D301 and the Finishing Wax D300, along with the appropriate Megs microfiber polishing pads.

There is a reason why Megs makes so many different products for specific car-care purposes and has a Detailer Line designed specifically for volume (or production) car detailing. They are cost-effective and are readily available over-the-counter at many auto part or body shop supply businesses. Plus their customer care help for any of their products via live person phone or email chat is second to none.

I would also think that 3D products also fall into that category.

One way to find out? Go visit a large dealership and ask to look at their vehicle prep department. Or other used-car lots that prep their own vehicles. See what they use for car-care chemicals and products. It may surprise you that car-care chemical companies like Value-Gard , Lane`s, AutoMagic, or CarBrite are used at these places; car-care chemical that you do not hear much about in this forum because they cater to high-volume car prep at dealerships or used car lots.
    GB detailer
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    One way to find out? Go visit a large dealership and ask to look at their vehicle prep department. Or other used-car lots that prep their own vehicles. See what they use for car-care chemicals and products. It may surprise you that car-care chemical companies like Value-Gard , Lane`s, AutoMagic, or CarBrite are used at these places; car-care chemical that you do not hear much about in this forum because they cater to high-volume car prep at dealerships or used car lots.
    I was actually trying to come up with a way to beat them at that game :

Maybe I can use better products and get a much better looking finish. Maybe..

You`d think I wouldn`t be in competition with those guys and largely, I`m not. But if we`ve both got an 06 accord 4 door and people are browsing for that particular car, then yeah I certainly can be in competition with them for that particular sale. Thus I need mine to look better

Post Thanks / Like

You`ve got the right idea. If your car looks better then it will probably sell faster. I say probably, depending on your sales tactics. I`ve known some used car salesmen to be able to sell anything based just on their personality.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s one of the main reasons why I`m so concerned with looks. Its not in my personality to be a "good salesman" cause I`m honest by nature and to me a "good salesman" equates to a "good bull$hi++er". I don`t want to bs anyone, I don`t like doing it and it just doesn`t sit well with me. So I need my car to speak for itself. Having a great finish goes a long way towards that. I don`t think I`m a poor salesman, but I do not want to sway them one way or another. Imo they want it, or they don`t. Trying to talk them into it through whatever means, seems like some kind of deception to me.

But that`s what I love about the car business, you know they want it, or they wouldn`t be there looking at the car. Its just the price that they may disagree with. A big contrast to my roofing sales days, where you were telling them that its in their best interest to buy something that they didn`t even know they needed. Auto sales is pure luxury compared to that. They come to you!

Post Thanks / Like

I never sold cars but waaaay back I did sell clothes and the key to being a good salesman is believing in your product. You can tell a fake from a mile away. Be confident in what you are selling. While the customer is looking at the car try not to say too much and smile and nod a lot. Most people have already decided if they are going to buy, but if you just confirm that they are doing the right thing, bingo, sale. Pushy car salesmen run off more customers than they make.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information