Post Thanks / Like

Something old is new again

Is that how the saying goes? Anyways, ive tried every towel I have for spreading a couple different sio2 spray products and havnt been terribly satisfied with that aspect of application. The clutch from Shine Supply spreads better then C2V3, although after im done touching c2v3 and it sets for a couple mins it gets pretty slick. Who cares at that point.

By accident I was in a container that had some stuff in it that I had put away and my eyes caught this thing.

I bought this thing from Autopia probably 10 years ago, and I wasnt sure why it was in that container as I liked using it with Z8 and optiseal. Not as much as my DF Concours towel, but it was close.

I washed my ride and tried all of the sprays I have with it and it was so much nicer to use then a towel. Better then the edgeless, better than that bad arse towel in the pic, anything.

Thought Id share.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something old is new again

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    Is that how the saying goes? Anyways, ive tried every towel I have for spreading a couple different sio2 spray products and havnt been terribly satisfied with that aspect of application. The clutch from Shine Supply spreads better then C2V3, although after im done touching c2v3 and it sets for a couple mins it gets pretty slick. Who cares at that point.

By accident I was in a container that had some stuff in it that I had put away and my eyes caught this thing.

I bought this thing from Autopia probably 10 years ago, and I wasnt sure why it was in that container as I liked using it with Z8 and optiseal. Not as much as my DF Concours towel, but it was close.

I washed my ride and tried all of the sprays I have with it and it was so much nicer to use then a towel. Better then the edgeless, better than that bad arse towel in the pic, anything.

Thought Id share.
    That looks like my bone wash sponge...am i wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes JBM liked this post
    Thanks ed87 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Classic !!!! I still have one of those as well. I think Meguiars made one as well. It think it was called the "bone"???
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Classic !!!! I still have one of those as well. I think Meguiars made one as well. It think it was called the "bone"???
    I think i have it, unused..bought it a few months back on a sale.
    If so ACC sells it

I wanted to see if i could copy his photo with mine

Brandt K.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Jeesh 512, we have the same washer and dryer too lol!
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think the one I have was marketed as a wash product, it was a QD thing, and it worked great. As you can see opti seal transferred black crap onto it from my trim.

...not that opti seal is a qd

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think the one I have was marketed as a wash product, it was a QD thing, and it worked great. As you can see opti seal transferred black crap onto it from my trim.

...not that opti seal is a qd
    I might be guilty of using it (optiseal) in the same manner .lol

From zaino fyi

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of those bone wash sponges that I use with ferrous removers on wheels.
    Also good for getting into barrels of the wheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I might be guilty of using it (optiseal) in the same manner .lol

From zaino fyi

I still have a couple of the Z applicators that were actually from DF Towels was such a good product.

Anyone remember that gold one in this pic? I think it was from Autopia again 10 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought Id share.
    Hi this is my first post/question - I have looked on the store and can not find the Concours Buffing Towel on the store (or anywhere else). Is it still available?

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not available anymore no.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have a couple of the Z applicators that were actually from DF Towels was such a good product.

Anyone remember that gold one in this pic? I think it was from Autopia again 10 years ago.

I am pretty sure the gold one is a Sonus applicator pad. I have a few laying around.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Thread Information