Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windows Aren`t My Favorite Thing To Do

YMMV certainly applies when it comes to glass!

Surgical Huck Towels didn`t work for me.
    MFs with water didn`t work for me.

Different Glass Cleaners yield different results on different applications/vehicles for me.

Not too many people seem to use Zep40 (gotta be careful about overspray with aerosols).

Every MF I`ve ever used eventually left behind some MF lint that really bugged me, especially when its on glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    You guys think they will hold up for a long time?
    It feels like HEAVY tyvek, so yeah, think it will hold up
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hs anyone tried linen scrim towels? They seem quite popular with window cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    What can I say? I`m a believer. I ordered a dozen of these yesterday. I`m typically a tough sell, that said, these are just a no brainer. No longer am I frightened of windows. After using these I looked hard to see where these didn`t live up to the hype or had let me down. They flat work.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting.

I`ve been using Bar keeper`s friend for exterior glass with a damp microfiber then I continue on with my wash process, rinse, dry, and follow up with 1Z einszett glass cleaner as the final step.

Post Thanks / Like

Those cloths are great, Gearhead. They appear to be similar to things like the Zap cloth, CarPro Fast Glass, and the Kaywos cloth. I got the Fast Glass and Kaywos to try side by side - they`re the same, except the Kaywos is offered a bit cheaper on Amazon.

Very, very happy with these. I have perfect streak free glass every time. I do a light buff with a short nap towel after using the glass cloth though, because as you said, they clog and sometimes do streak if not rinsed properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Windows Aren`t My Favorite Thing To Do

I agree these cloths are great but I don`t agree with the claim that you can wipe wet and still get things streak free. I always had to follow up with a dry cloth.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I agree these cloths are great but I don`t agree with the claim that you can wipe wet and still get things streak free. I always had to follow up with a dry cloth.
    Tell me your experience with these Pat.

In my very limited experiennce (I`ve used these 4 times on 3 different vehicles) you ring the life out of these things before you wipe the glass. I couldn`t have twisted these any more tightly. They`re drier than damp, you do see faint water trails momentarily after cleaning. For me those trails just evaporated. Can`t explain it, quite frankly wouldn`t have believed it if I hadn`t seen it for myself.

The results may very well be different if you were to do this in the sun or the glass was hot. I`ve used them in the shade about 80 degrees and low humidity. I`m also sure you could make them leave streaks if you don`t rinse them out frequently. I was able to satisfactorly clean one side of a side window on an area about half the size of the windshield before these needed rinsing. I spent my fair share of time walking to and from the sink, rinsing these out (4 rinses for both sides of the windshield alonne). These were windows that had just been through a thorough car wash.

Ron made the comment that if he could use these anyone could, half joking I`m sure. That said, if I can use these anyone can, seriously. I seldom make an all out recommendation of a product, this is probably as close as I`d get. As easy as this was for me I believe they`d be a breeze for guys that can already clean windows. Of course YMMV as apparently they already have.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have used tried multiple types of glass towels. They usually have the same characteristic - almost no nap. I always follow up with a second towel as well. The edgeless microfiber towels work similarly too.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I`m doing something wrong, but I have no trouble with windows. A long time ago, a well know Tint expert where I used to live told me the best stuff to clean windows was still Stoners. After countless window tint jobs, Stoners always gave the cleanest streak free surface and help the tint stay looking good longer. I know its not boutique, but works really well considering you can get it at Home Depot now and Walmart. I don`t even use special glass cloths or anything. Windows look pretty damn good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepngli View Post
    Maybe I`m doing something wrong, but I have no trouble with windows. A long time ago, a well know Tint expert where I used to live told me the best stuff to clean windows was still Stoners. After countless window tint jobs, Stoners always gave the cleanest streak free surface and help the tint stay looking good longer. I know its not boutique, but works really well considering you can get it at Home Depot now and Walmart. I don`t even use special glass cloths or anything. Windows look pretty damn good.
    Don`t think you`re doing anything wrong. Fact is it sounds like you`re doing everything right. At the end of the day we`re just shootin` for clean windows.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use coffee filters to clean windows? I used them in a restaurant I worked in and it worked really well. I never think to grab them when I`m gathering the car stuff, though.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

Glad these are working out for you GH !

I tried a similar brand and loved them at first ,until I washed them and they were never the same .

It also bugged me that when you got a really dirty interior window it would turn the pristine towel black and not clean up after washing.

Im back to huckster towels for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see these are working for you. As someone else mentioned there are many "versions" that all seem to be the same towel under a different name. I have the CarPro version and so far have used all 6 i have multiple times as well as washed them all. Depending on conditions I have found that a dry MF towel might be needed to clean up any extra moisture.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information